CNHL speed running, G+ vs Black Series vs Racing Series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN-RC

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Vendetta
I am looking to buy some 4s Li-Po's for my 8s Felony and I was wondering if one was better than the other.
(4s G+PLUS 5000mAh vs 4s BLACK SERIES 5000MAH vs 4s Racing Series 5000mAh)

G+ 70C if you can find them. Performance reports from the new 90C are less than the old 70C.

Similarly, the new SMC SRD packs don't seem to be as good as the old 150C packs.

Turnigy Graphene Panther 70C are my favorites at the moment. 👍

Remember to pick a good connector, too. I'm running 8mm bullets for the cleanliness, but QS8, or any other 8mm connectors should be fine.

G+ 70C if you can find them. Performance reports from the new 90C are less than the old 70C.

Similarly, the new SMC SRD packs don't seem to be as good as the old 150C packs.

Turnigy Graphene Panther 70C are my favorites at the moment. 👍

Remember to pick a good connector, too. I'm running 8mm bullets for the cleanliness, but QS8, or any other 8mm connectors should be fine.
What about 55c/110c burst G+?

Definitely the G+ is what you want. Also CNHL just put them on sale so I'd jump on some!
ill buy the G+ batters on your recommendation right now.
Definitely the G+ is what you want. Also CNHL just put them on sale so I'd jump on some!
will they be able to get me to 145?

Comparing apples vs pears but in my opinion 5000mAh has a rough time to hit 145. They might but will be run at their limit.

G+ 70c i'd go for 6000 and (white) racing 90c for 6200

Max ampdraw is ~C rating x Ah. 1+Ah more will give you 50A extra headroom.

Comparing apples vs pears but in my opinion 5000mAh has a rough time to hit 145. They might but will be run at their limit.

G+ 70c i'd go for 6000 and (white) racing 90c for 6200

Max ampdraw is ~C rating x Ah. 1+Ah more will give you 50A extra headroom.
a lot more money at that point go for some SMC's

G+ 70c came out on top among the CNHL Line up.
Other contenders are several of the SMC line-up
and both the Turnigy HD 60c, Turnigy Panther.

LiPo ONE YEAR TESTING SUMMARY.jpg

Depends on what you want. If you want the best speed run packs, the G+ are better for me, but they are a pain to fit in the trays.

If you want pretty good (usually a few mph lower) the Racing 90C versions surely fit way better and are plenty good for bashing or general use.

Bottom line is if you’re not hunting for that last mph out of your setup, any packs will be fine. Heck the Yowoo Graphene are slightly better than the 90C CNHL packs and are cheaper.

I have one of the CNHL Black series 6S packs (5000mah I believe) and I've been somewhat let down by its price/performance ratio. Runtime is fine but it seems less "punchy" than even my Goldbat 4500mah pack. I have a couple other 5200mah 6s packs that perform as well or better. RCLipo is the brand. I got them fairly cheaply off Amazon and they've been pretty solid performers for bashing.

Best speed run lipos I’ve found so far have been the CNHL 4s G+ 6000mah 70c packs, but they don’t fit the stock battery trays and have to have a custom battery tray to fit properly with a low center of gravity.
225614BC-70F7-41CE-8488-39CDF82E43DA.jpeg

Best speed run lipos I’ve found so far have been the CNHL 4s G+ 6000mah 70c packs, but they don’t fit the stock battery trays and have to have a custom battery tray to fit properly with a low center of gravity.
View attachment 171891
Real talk. Seems like you’ve been busy @Mr.Duke . Hope all is well. G+ are legit

View attachment 171891
Good to hear, just bought two pair of the 6000mAh G+ series last night!

Good to hear, just bought two pair of the 6000mAh G+ series last night!
Man you should hae waited I posted about a sale that starts today. Save $40 off a $100 purchase...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back