Kraton Custom 6S Shock Pre-Load Collars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Nero
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
On the 6S OEM Shocks.. Instead of cranking All the way down on the threaded collars ,why not use standardized Pre-Loads..?

at 10mm increments

1676702065086.png

1676702004108.png

Last edited:
You would have to remove the lower shock end every time to change the preload. It is just more convenient and IMO better looking with the threaded collars. Once your preload is set you really don't have to mess with it that often. Cool design though and I am sure it would work as intended. You could also make them in cool colors for a different look.

Why not just design them like they have been for years with a C shape so they snap on without removing anything?

Love your work dude, but IMO engineering should be about simplifying something. This is just replacing an infinitely adjustable system that can be changed on the fly in seconds with something with fixed adjustments that requires stripping half the shock down to adjust. It's a no from me I am afraid

Why not just design them like they have been for years with a C shape so they snap on without removing anything?

Love your work dude, but IMO engineering should be about simplifying something. This is just replacing an infinitely adjustable system that can be changed on the fly in seconds with something with fixed adjustments that requires stripping half the shock down to adjust. It's a no from me I am afraid
I have to agree on this one. Vitavon makes a good spacer for the Traxxas Maxx, and something like that would work better.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284336606191

If you need more preload than the adjusters can give you the better solution is a stiffer spring rate. The adjusters are meant to set ride height and the spring rate provides the stiffness. If you are using the preload adjusters to make it more stiff that is just a mickey mouse fix instead of the real problem, lack of spring rate. If you do up the spring rate and/or preload you are going to have to up the shock weight as well to slow down the rebound so it doesn't drive like a pogo stick.

Perhaps I should re-think/re-design these Pre-loads for... other uses..

Anyone interested in Custom "Kraton" Men's Rings..? 🧐

These are the real deal. 😉

IMG_20230219_104810061.jpg

IMG_20230219_113842011.jpg

IMG_20230219_113847337.jpg

IMG_20230219_135624503.jpg

IMG_20230219_135706372_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230219_135648309_HDR.jpg

For those of you who need some for your 6S shocks (a set of 4 @ 10mm) , because you already bottom out your stock pre-loads.
Sssshh.. They're Free. 🤫

Just PM me.

Last edited:
If you make them 3/4 clip (in multiple thicknesses) like the included Traxxas collars I am in, but if I have to un/re-thread the whole thing I am out.

Cylinder head valve springs?

Haha.
That's a technical question for Mr. @RedondoBeachRC to answer..
He's the one who offers them. 😉

I believe he just reloaded his store inventory..
Or he'll need to re-post his Classifieds.

Last edited:
I'm curious if there's any interest of Pre-Load collars that looks like- Faux Piggyback Shock Reservoirs..?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back