Kraton Custom 8S Shock Pre-Load Collars & Bump Stops / Limiters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think TPU might hold up better.

Absolutely it would.

I will need to get another printer to be Dedicated for printing TPU ,in the future..

Yep. 8s doesn't come with droop screws and some say they just push through the plastic arms. I was having trouble breaking cvd pins and ends. Someone suggested fuel line inside and out. Hasn't happened again since I installed these.
How are they holding up still brotha? I'm thinking of picking up Overkills on all for with nylon washers as bump stop and droop screws for my kraton 8s running max5 800xv

How are they holding up still brotha? I'm thinking of picking up Overkills on all for with nylon washers as bump stop and droop screws for my kraton 8s running max5 800xv
The ones on the inside were squashed flat so I recently replaced with fuel line inside because it's what I had laying around. I definitely think you need something on the inside and out...if your landing big air jumps. I am still breaking pins but not as much. Still getting it dialed in. I think it depends on driving style too. I drive pretty aggressively and send it 15-30 feet in the air, trying back and front flips. I honestly am breaking the pins in the m2c cvds as much as the stock ones. Yeh they don't bend like stockers but the pins break. I have a K8 and OC8 and only have m2c cvd's for one rig. Hope that helps ✌🏼

The ones on the inside were squashed flat so I recently replaced with fuel line inside because it's what I had laying around. I definitely think you need something on the inside and out...if your landing big air jumps. I am still breaking pins but not as much. Still getting it dialed in. I think it depends on driving style too. I drive pretty aggressively and send it 15-30 feet in the air, trying back and front flips. I honestly am breaking the pins in the m2c cvds as much as the stock ones. Yeh they don't bend like stockers but the pins break. I have a K8 and OC8 and only have m2c cvd's for one rig. Hope that helps ✌🏼
Great feedback bro I appreciate it 💪🖤

Do you only print PLA in the S1? I switch back and forth between all of my filaments on my S1. PLA PLA+ PETG ABS and TPU.

I did the flippity flopity with different filaments on my Ender Extender 400XL

PLA, PLA+, PETG, TPU, ASA and it just ended up messing my printer all up 😤
Comedy Central No GIF by Drunk History

Comedy Central Lol GIF by Awkwafina is Nora from Queens

F! That..
Season 9 Middle Finger GIF by Shameless

I don't want to have another printer down or all wacked...

Dickering with unclogging Entombed hotends is NOT what I call productive or fun...

PLA, PLA+, PETG, TPU, ASA and it just ended up messing my printer all up
That’s odd. I wonder why.

I’ve had a Prusa Mini for years and consistently print Nylon, PC, ASA, TPU, PETG, PLA+, and PLA. I just grab whichever filament will be best for the job without considering how the printer will handle it.

PLA, PLA+, PETG, TPU, ASA and it just ended up messing my printer all up 😤
Comedy Central No GIF by Drunk History

Comedy Central Lol GIF by Awkwafina is Nora from Queens

F! That..
Season 9 Middle Finger GIF by Shameless

I don't want to have another printer down or all wacked...

Dickering with unclogging Entombed hotends is NOT what I call productive or fun...
Dude I had all kinds of issues doing that with my Ender 3 Pro so I was very hesitant to do in on my s1. But I can happily report that I’ve had no issues.

Dude I had all kinds of issues doing that with my Ender 3 Pro so I was very hesitant to do in on my s1. But I can happily report that I’ve had no issues.

Okay..

And what's your secret sauce -for speed & temps when using TPU on Your S1 that was Working and achieving Reliable Prints?
If I may ask..

PS:
Currently I've got my S1 printing (PLA+, Tough PLA, PLA Max) at around 100mm/s consistently.
Nozzle= 212°
Bed=50°

Last edited:
I don’t do anything crazy for TPU.
228 nozzle
50 bed
100% part cooling
80mm/s speed
Usually bump retraction up to 2.5 helps clean up stringing.

I do have aftermarket shroud printed for a 5015 fan.

PEI sheet with glue because without it it sticks too well lol.
When I go back to PLA I do heat the nozzle up to 230 and extrude a bunch of filament before printing again.

I do have aftermarket shroud printed for a 5015 fan.

PEI sheet with glue because without it it sticks too well lol.
When I go back to PLA I do heat the nozzle up to 230 and extrude a bunch of filament before printing again.

What shroud are you referring to?

And what glue are you using?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back