Kraton Custom 8S Shock Pre-Load Collars & Bump Stops / Limiters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took them out for a spin and a few jumps earlier. Was landing so nicely...until I landed a little wonky and broke a hinge pin. I think it was already bent and bent back. Huge difference from the collars, adding more forgiveness from 8-10 feet up! :cool: 💪

Super!

Just let me know if you need any design tweaks.. either make them taller (or shorter) to dial them in , just right 👌

@djrahbee Are you using these as internal or external limiters? You're just using them to keep you from bottoming out? Kind of like how we use fuel tubing on the smaller rigs?
Correct. I have them on the inside and out. Slightly different sizes.

Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 2.54.10 PM.png

I understand why on the outside. Can help from bottoming out. But why do you have them on the inside? It reduces overall suspension droop. Which will help soak up bumps. Or are you limiting travel to help increase lifespan for the drive cups/pins?

I understand why on the outside. Can help from bottoming out. But why do you have them on the inside? It reduces overall suspension droop. Which will help soak up bumps. Or are you limiting travel to help increase lifespan for the drive cups/pins?
Yep. 8s doesn't come with droop screws and some say they just push through the plastic arms. I was having trouble breaking cvd pins and ends. Someone suggested fuel line inside and out. Hasn't happened again since I installed these.

I added something to the outside to try and stop my pins from breaking. I hope only doing the outside is enough. 😱

View attachment 320269

View attachment 320270

View attachment 320271

6S collar on the left, 8S on the right
View attachment 320272

View attachment 320273

View attachment 320274

View attachment 320275

I don't own a 8S rig nor do I have any 8S shocks.. so this will have to do ,for fitment test.. 🙈
Holy 3d printing Batman.(y)(y)(y)
Yep. 8s doesn't come with droop screws and some say they just push through the plastic arms. I was having trouble breaking cvd pins and ends. Someone suggested fuel line inside and out. Hasn't happened again since I installed these.
Yeah using the internal shaft spacer shock Droop method does work well, when all else fails.(y)

Holy 3d printing Batman.(y)(y)(y)

Yeah using the internal shaft spacer shock Droop method does work well, when all else fails.(y)

The Flash Batman GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

If you need some..
Just send me the signal....

Batman Arkham Knight GIF

Got any recommendations? I haven’t tried any of the stronger PLA filaments.

They're both good filament types.
So whatever is easiest for you to acquire. 👍

I’ve had great luck with inland brand filaments. That’s microcenters in house brand. Which I believe is manufactured by eSun.

I’ve used their ABS PLA and TPU. All have been fairly easy to work with.

Do you need another round of fresh 'pancakes'?
Sure. May need to address the thickness and quadruple it. I have some fuel line in there atm. I'll be opening them up again soon because I'm getting some aftermarket bladderless caps. the Stock ones suck and keep leaking. We'll see how the fuel line holds up when I do!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back