Senton Custom home made parts lol 😂

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody made there own DIY parts for there rc
Yep, where possible or when I can be bothered. Its rewarding to make your own parts and if it's successful you feel proud.

20191216_081453.jpg

20191216_122652.jpg

20191103_164135.jpg

20200122_091351.jpg

20200116_191603.jpg

Your chassis brace looks so much better than mine. I used a hack saw and a dremel to make mine.
Thanks. Just hand tools, angle grinder and drill. The front one took 2 attempts as I snapped off the thread tap in the blind hole 😡🤬. Happy with the end result though.

Nice!
9k9
Wow okay cool i was just thinking i was the only one lol over here like macgyver yea i think the real bracket & my own tube would look legit like Boggs im using a peice of a fishing rod & a 40cal shell to hide the fray from cutting the rod i think fishing rods are carbon fiber

Buy a small pipe cutter. The carbide wheels cut ANYTHING round cleanly. My carbon fiber tube cuts look cleaner than the hacksaw/grinder cuts you see on YouTube. The one in picture has had heavy copper use for 8-9 years. It has also been used to cut aluminum and steel tubes. The cutting wheel has never been changed(keep thread pressure low for continuous "scoring". The prolongs the life of the wheel as most people apply too much pressure).
Before you start, wrap the area to be cut with painters green or blue and then make your mark. The tape protects the finish from the rollers(mine are visibly pitted from rattling around in my plumbing kit).
16321853732703480109970468199050.jpg

16321854512314275529467155822501.jpg
16321856391787850503765850194467.jpg

16321856087873296366506261497747.jpg

For some reason, the post screwed up. Click expand where it says "click to expand)

Nice!
9k9

View attachment 170266
For some reason, the post screwed up. Click expand where it says "click to expand)
Nice that is a good idea i was trying to use bullet shells at the end of the center brace rod but that poop is a MF to get threw this tool would of been freaking perfect 👍your getting real clean cuts every time lmao i use a knife and some sandpaper like a caveman

Nice that is a good idea i was trying to use bullet shells at the end of the center brace rod but that poop is a MF to get threw this tool would of been freaking perfect 👍your getting real clean cuts every time lmao i use a knife and some sandpaper like a caveman
Grab one. Probably cheaper in your local hardware store. This one is same as mine, just newer model. They go from $5(don't recommend because they use non-carbide cutting wheels or rollers are not aligned=sloppy crooked cuts) to over $200(larger diameter cuts). You should be able to find a halfway decent carbide wheel cutter for $15-50. Unless you do alot plumbing, stay around $20.

BTW, I love the .45 shell! It's a nice personal touch. Not sure about your pole's composition(sounds so wrong) but most fishing poles are fiberglass. If you paid what I've seen carbon fiber poles go for, you wouldn't have cut it lol
Ridgid Tools 40617 1/4-Inch to 1-1/8-Inch Close Quarters Tubing Cutter https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B001P307PO/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_143F76VXC68G22WF6YB4
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01DBELL86/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_YWT9S9F9PDJ0FJ9S6CN3?psc=1
ALSTON 3K Wrapped Carbon Fiber Tube 500mm Length Light&Matt Surfaces Pack of Two Pcs (14X16X500mm Light) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01DBELL86/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_YWT9S9F9PDJ0FJ9S6CN3?psc=1
Yep, where possible or when I can be bothered. Its rewarding to make your own parts and if it's successful you feel proud.

View attachment 169875
View attachment 169876
View attachment 169877
View attachment 169878
View attachment 169879
The wire holder you formed looks awesome! I'm betting dollars against pennies you're a metal fabricator or have experience there. Love how your deburring went further and became a part of the look with the evenly cut bevels.

Last edited:
The wire holder you formed looks awesome! I'm betting dollars against pennies you're a metal fabricator or have experience there. Love how your deburring went further and became a part of the look with the evenly cut bevels.

Thanks and I'll take that bet because I'm not a fabricator. Just took my time making it.

I think your tires are on backwards.
Better traction. I do the same with my bikes and RCs. I found tire channeling to really only be necessary with heavy loads(RL cars and trucks). I know for a fact my bikes performed better backwards, especially if the channels come to a point. This allows for a "dig in" effect. Also wears them out faster but my opinion always was that the gain outweighed the loss.

Better traction. I do the same with my bikes and RCs. I found tire channeling to really only be necessary with heavy loads(RL cars and trucks). I know for a fact my bikes performed better backwards, especially if the channels come to a point. This allows for a "dig in" effect. Also wears them out faster but my opinion always was that the gain outweighed the loss.
It just messes with my OCD.

Yea i got em on back wards on purpose lol better traction IMO like @Greengaunja said but yes i have other wheels where the traction the correct way is a must lol ocd too 😂 i like everything symmetrical evan wear on the wheels and everything
I might try this with my Proline Mashers once.

Just looking at the stuff i have in my tool box thinking of making a center brace for my senton but will it work lol anybody made there own DIY parts for there rc
Dude this is my practice run I'm doing with this granite center support and towers

16325374328204642661182699174915.jpg

Dude this is my practice run I'm doing with this granite center support and towers

View attachment 170848
Just a suggestion, try to get the center support lower to help with keep the center of gravity down and the body mounts have too much flex in them from what I have found to be a useful anchor point, looks great though. Did you make one of those plates for the front?

Also probably not a good idea to use your email address as your username. Ask @WoodiE if he can change it for you.

All the time! My favorite is my home made pivot balls from 4mm clear tubing. Stock pivot balls don't last and when knew are super fiddly to fit. These fit snug but easy to lign up and they last.
Picture please
All the time! My favorite is my home made pivot balls from 4mm clear tubing. Stock pivot balls don't last and when knew are super fiddly to fit. These fit snug but easy to lign up and they last.
Please attach pic

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back