Kraton DBXL E 2.0 or KRATON6S? what to buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheed85

Very Active Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 3s
Wanting to pick up my 3rd car (currently have a Typhon 3s and Infraction 6s) and was originally planning on getting a Kraton 6s new once I see a good deal or sale go on. However I ran into a classifieds ad and can get a DBXL-E 2.0 (supposedly ran only 2x) with a pair of 4s spektrum batteries, which I could pick up for $800 total.

Anyone with both vehicles that could help sway me? Do I play it patiently or pick up on what appears to be a good deal and keep waiting on a sale for Kratons or a new version?

I have the space to run both, but could see myself using the Kraton in more situations. No stunts or crazy jumps, I enjoy high speed through grass and dirt fields with some small jumps in mind. The Typhon checks those boxes well for me, but I'm in the market for another car.

Wanting to pick up my 3rd car (currently have a Typhon 3s and Infraction 6s) and was originlly planning on getting a Kraton 6s new once I see a good deal or sale go on. However I ran into a classifieds ad and can get a DBXL-E 2.0 (supposedly ran only 2x) with a pair of 4s spektrum batteries, which I could pick up for $800 total.

Anyone with both vehicles that could help sway me? Do I play it patiently or pick up on what appears to be a good deal and keep waiting on a sale for Kratons or a new version?

I have the space to run both, but could see myself using the Kraton in more situations. No stunts or crazy jumps, I enjoy high speed through grass and dirt fields with some small jumps in mind. The Typhon checks those boxes well for me, but I'm in the market for another car.
I would most likely go with the DBXL-e since its nice and stable, but nimble for a 1/5th scale car. It is a little fragile (sometimes breaks when its flipped wrong. lol) and parts are very expensive, so it is not a budget option.

In my mind, the Kraton is more of a jumper but decent general off-road car if you like the occasional wheelie or a wide tire tread.

I personally, would get a Mojave 6s for the described terrain since it is fast and tends to land on its wheels if you flip it.

Also, consider a Talion if they bring it back.

Last edited:
I would problemly go with the DBXL-e since its nice and stable, but nimble for a 1/5th scale car. It is a little fragile (sometimes breaks when its flipped wrong. lol) and parts are very expensive, so it is not a budget option.

In my mind, the Kraton is more of a jumper but decent general off-road car if you like the occasional wheelie or a wide tire tread.

I personally, would get a Mojave 6s for the described terrain since it is fast and tends to land on its wheels if you flip it.

Also, consider a Talion if they bring it back.
If only they were selling the Talion. All the clean ones I've seen are too expensive for that vehicle. I would definitely grab one if they came back!

Only reason I'm considering the DBXL is because of the price and I'll want one eventually. Reason I was considering Kraton is becuase its different than what I currently have.

I’d go Kraton. It’s nothing like the typhon, the bigger stance and bigger tires make it so much more intense. Talion is cool but not worth it now, and I still think Kraton is cooler. It doesn’t need to be a jumper either, that’s the outcast/notorious

Two very different vehicles.

The DBXL-E is a lot of fun but it is not a stunt truck in any sense. Be prepared for the expense of maintaining and repairing it, not a budget vehicle. You also need a lot of room to run it.

The Kraton is probably the best choice for most people, but it just really depends what you're looking for. No real way to compare the Kraton 6S and DBXL-E directly.

Two very different vehicles.

The DBXL-E is a lot of fun but it is not a stunt truck in any sense. Be prepared for the expense of maintaining and repairing it, not a budget vehicle. You also need a lot of room to run it.

The Kraton is probably the best choice for most people, but it just really depends what you're looking for. No real way to compare the Kraton 6S and DBXL-E directly.
I have a good understanding of how different these 2 vehicles are which is why I can see myself eventually owning both. Was already planning on buying a Kraton first, but for the price if its in good condition the Losi seems like a steal. Would cost me Over $1400 if I bought new including batteries. I suppose thats why I'm so torn here wondering if I should jump on the opportunity.

I have a good understanding of how different these 2 vehicles are which is why I can see myself eventually owning both. Was already planning on buying a Kraton first, but for the price if its in good condition the Losi seems like a steal. Would cost me Over $1400 if I bought new including batteries. I suppose thats why I'm so torn here wondering if I should jump on the opportunity.
I always assume the battery are junk when buying used because they tend to disintegrate easily with a little improper maintenance.

I don’t think it’s a great deal.
You could probably find a brand new Kraton 6s for $450-500 on the forum here, and you already have 6s packs. I bet Kraton is more fun to drive.. but I haven’t used a dbxl before. I enjoy having something that I can thrash and not break- my fun is from that, and i don’t think I’d ever get a car that’s fragile or really expensive to fix.

If you know you want a DBXL-E and it's in good shape, $800 ... I'd jump on it. Should probably budget for a trailer to haul it around too, it's a real chonker :ROFLMAO:

We are talking two totally different things here!!! Not even on the same planet.....
But honestly you will Want Both..... Mike

I have both although my Kraton is more of a custom build.
I'm not a basher but I will say I enjoy my DBXL-e more.
Just driving something so large and fast is awesome.
As has been said be prepared to pay a lot more for parts though.
I have over $1200 in aftermarket parts on the DB.

IMG_20220421_020843.jpg

IMG_20230111_172510.jpg

I'd pick the DBXL but not with stock electronics. I also think the dbxl is not AS fragile as people think but it definitely needs an upgrade or two if you ever plan on leaving the ground with it.

If you feel like you will want both then grab the DBXL now while you can. Funny enough I paid about 800 for mine from someone here and it came with a lot of the needed upgrades but no motor/esc. Everyone is different but personally, I think the stock esc is POOP and you should definitely budget for an upgrade to the esc at the least.

Sexy. Where'd you get the nets?

@Sheed85 - I own a Kraton 6S EXB and DBXL-E 2.0. IMO bigger is always more fun but they are both great RCs. If I had to give one up, it wouldn't be the DB.
Murat rc……..on eBay if I recall.

I'd pick the DBXL but not with stock electronics. I also think the dbxl is not AS fragile as people think but it definitely needs an upgrade or two if you ever plan on leaving the ground with it.

If you feel like you will want both then grab the DBXL now while you can. Funny enough I paid about 800 for mine from someone here and it came with a lot of the needed upgrades but no motor/esc. Everyone is different but personally, I think the stock esc is POOP and you should definitely budget for an upgrade to the esc at the least.
I agree with everything here bro. Yes these rigs are not as fragile as everyone thinks and yes, put a max5 or better yet max4 system in it (I run a max5 with a 56113 motor).
I do jump this rig…….but…..I always land on a downslope berm. The landing is so smooth it’s like it never left the ground. The stance is widened with DGI one inch hub extenders…….this rig kills.
@Sheed85
Buy the rig….800 is a good price, particularly if the seller is trustworthy in that it’s only been run twice. You can get a K6 anywhere, anytime.

FWIW,,,,,Ive got over 3000 Canadian into this rig. Waiting to install a VITAVON chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back