Big Rock Did a little Christmas shopping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
Did a little Christmas shopping for my son and nephew... I’m upgrading my sons stampede 2wd and moving him up to the big rock crew cab. So far I ordered him the hub extenders, proline badlands and a new transmitter/receiver. Is there anything else worth buying for it for our Xmas day build?
I got my 7yr old nephew the granite voltage 2wd to get him started in the hobby. I have a cheap brushless setup to go in it. I plan on using the stx2 transmitter and receiver from my sons brcc and ordered a better servo. Is there anything else worth buying for it?

I’m planning on having some RC fun with the boys before Christmas dinner. I’d like to have everything there and ready to go. Thanks

38B1516B-6869-478D-9E5A-8E9413AABEFC.jpeg

Since you asked, I'd get the Hot Racing pivot ball kit (red anodized) for the turnbuckles to remove the slop from factory.

You already took care of the first hing most seem to want to do with the BRCC is change the tires. I have to agree on some rubber sealed bearings and steering bellcrank bushing replacements. The Hot Racing pivot balls are not a out the box upgrade but the stock composite ones do wear out rather quick. I find the stock servo saver a little weak I would replace it with a Kimbrough 124 servo saver. The rest replace or upgrade as things wear out or break.

On the Voltage upgrade the stock diff output cups with steel ones. The cups are known to strip. These are what I use https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Arrma-In...0cAAOSw6idcsHpR:sc:USPSFirstClass!36109!US!-1. If you go brushless and upgrade the cups the spur/top shaft might be next to go (it was for me) I would keep a extra on hand. There's no slipper so somethings got to give.

You're my shopping twin! I picked up a BRCC for myself and a Granite BLX for my kiddo. I also picked up the Badlands tires, the adapters to fit the tires, a better servo, RPM arms (just in case), a RPM (I think) front bumper, and sealed bearings. I didn't get a new transmitter (yet) as I was running out of money. Oh, and lots of tools, charger, batteries, etc.

You're my shopping twin! I picked up a BRCC for myself and a Granite BLX for my kiddo. I also picked up the Badlands tires, the adapters to fit the tires, a better servo, RPM arms (just in case), a RPM (I think) front bumper, and sealed bearings. I didn't get a new transmitter (yet) as I was running out of money. Oh, and lots of tools, charger, batteries, etc.
I’m in the same boat haha I’m running out of my secret spending/hobby money that my wife doesn’t know about.. I ordered the sealed bearings, servo and will figure out what bumper soon . I’m not going crazy with the granite. Down the road if my nephew enjoys it like my son and I do, I will get him an upgrade

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back