Typhon Diff question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Typhon 3s
So I took apart the stock diff on the typhon and just swapped all the guts from the stock one to the new hot racing one...(first time doing this so don't judge lol) but can someone tell me if this is correct? 👇

(Also the only diff lube I have on hand is traxxas lube...10k, 30k and 50k...is that ok to use and if so which one?) If not which lube should I buy?

Thanks 🤙

16167870386875838497570580869278.jpg

16167871479432167764117695823098.jpg

Looks like you're missing some axles in the (bottom photo) small gears at 2 and 8 on the clock face - seem to be in the old diff case lid in the top photo. Can't remember where those spacers go but some v good youtube video on this. My fave:

It's correct but the last two pins would help...đź‘Ť... Diff fluid is preference.. the only right answer is the one you like.. 10k is factory..

Looks like you're missing some axles in the (bottom photo) small gears at 2 and 8 on the clock face.
That was all the guts out of the stock one...and I put it in exactly how I saw it in the stock one
It's correct but the last two pins would help...đź‘Ť... Diff fluid is preference.. the only right answer is the one you like.. 10k is factory..
Which pins and where do they go?

Thanks man
Also it came with spacers but idk where those go either
And so 30 would be good so I doesn't like lock up with the 50k?

That was all the guts out of the stock one...and I put it in exactly how I saw it in the stock one

Thanks man

Watch the vid I posted.

Thanks man

Pins go through the bores of the gears.. spacers under two of the spiders..it's identical to the factory assembly.. 2 spiders are set up, 2 spiders set down.. just look at the factory setup.. it's the same..

Ya I fixed it...I think

As far as the thread locker do I put it on the screws and immediately screw them in?

16167897055843491558757896654041.jpg

Back