Diffs what’s the diff’erence?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snakey76

Reaction score
Hey all I have only had arrma’s for about a year, I brought a Arrma Talion and was wondering about the diffs is there any difference between the BLX and the EBX diffs?

Just something I would like to point out, descriptions for the same part very depending on where you go. My manual calls my center diff an EXB LSD, Amain calls it a BLX LDS, and the Arrma web site calls it Active. Part number for all 3 is ARA310991, it's the same part. If you're looking to up your diffs or any Arrma part find what you're looking for by part number not description.

EXB LSD= Limited Slip Differntial= Active Differential, as opposed to the Standard Non-EXB, 6s "Open Diff".
They both fit the same Bulkhead part number of all the 6s models. EXB or Standard 6s models. EXB LSD work as a center diff also. LSD diffs are considered an Arrma upgrade part, for most of whole 6s line. The On Road 6s models would Not benefit with an LSD IMHO. You never see them used on them. But technically would be a fit. Just not correct to do. :cool:
I prefer Open Diffs.
But there are beneifits to LSD in durability. They are a different animal and can be tempermental to build and dial in. They cost more.

Last edited:
The original question was what's the difference? Here's the best answer I can come up with.

BLX is an old school diff, 2 drive gears, 4 spider gears, and whatever fluid you put in it. The thicker the fluid the more resistance.

LSD diffs use limited slip plates, 3 per side. The 2 large plates are captured by the diff case, the smaller one that sits in between the 2 larger ones is captured by the drive gear. The idea is when the drive cups spin in the opposite direction the resistance increases as the speed increases. People who like them run them in the front and center. In the rear it's recommended you move the smaller slip plate inward so it sits directly behind the drive gear. This lessens the LSD effect. If you prefer an open rear diff it can be converted using a pair of ring washers to take up the space where the LSD plates would sit. LSD diffs come with larger diameter drive cup shafts, larger drive pins, and the ring gear has 20 percent more gear overlap. LSD diffs have more power handling capability however you run them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back