Fazon Does any one no were to get a diff brain for a nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with that one. Ebay... I think you know this already.:( I am sure there is probably New old stock somewhere in the world, sitting in a dusty old bin in the bowls of a LHS basement. :LOL:just need to be lucky enough to find one.🤷‍♂️ That rig is vintage at this point. A collector piece for the shelf. No one for the most part will be bashing with them if they have one. For obvious reasons. No parts for it.
Need some patience and luck.🤷‍♂️

EDC DIFF BRAIN (AR390160) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Welcome to AF. :cool:

Good luck with that one. Ebay... I think you know this already.:( I am sure there is probably New old stock somewhere in the world, sitting in a dusty old bin in the bowls of a LHS basement. :LOL:just need to be lucky enough to find one.🤷‍♂️ That rig is vintage at this point. A collector piece for the shelf. No one for the most part will be bashing with them if they have one. For obvious reasons. No parts for it.
Need some patience and luck.🤷‍♂️

EDC DIFF BRAIN (AR390160) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Welcome to

Need a diff brain
Or what to do if i cant find one
I can find all the parts besides this one and the bodys any idea how to make the the diffs lock in

I have been trying to get a diff brain so I can buy a fazon and put in the stuff for it but I looked for (3ish hours nothing) ain't gunna happen unless there is a local hobby shop which has one
quite possible that if you got a 6-8 channel radio and put 1 diff lock on 3 of the channels you might be able to get that to work but I have a limited budget so I don't think that I will be able to do that (I would love to)

I can find all the parts besides this one and the bodys any idea how to make the the diffs lock in
I know the diff brain was an option. There were parts that deleted the Diff brain altogether on certain models. Just don't know which parts are needed.
You can Blame Traxxas for the Nero being extinct. Because of the Patent lawsuit with Hobbico. Nero was forced out of production as a result. You may know this already. IDK.
Sorry I cant help further. Good luck. :cool:

You can always wire the servos up on different channels and eliminate the brain all together. Just need a couple switchable power outputs.

You can always wire the servos up on different channels and eliminate the brain all together. Just need a couple switchable power outputs.
Explain. I'm currently in the beginning stages of designing a diff brain replacement for us nero junkies. Care to share ideas and work together? (I work full time at a major hobbyshop and have all kinds of items and such at my disposal. Plus several years of tinkering experience.) Reply to this message and I'll shoot you my personal work email for further communications.

Explain. I'm currently in the beginning stages of designing a diff brain replacement for us nero junkies. Care to share ideas and work together? (I work full time at a major hobbyshop and have all kinds of items and such at my disposal. Plus several years of tinkering experience.) Reply to this message and I'll shoot you my personal work email for further communications.
Sorry driving to work. Multiple channel radio and switchable control8to activate the servos. Inbox for more info

There is a diff brain for sale on ebay (or was for sale) https://www.ebay.com/itm/334058283569?hash=item4dc76ce231:g:3tMAAOSwBalg204A
I would be willing to sell mine, for a price. micro servos included. PM me for details.
kids board GIF

Last edited:
Diff brain really is not needed. I have it set up using 2 channels on my controller. Saved a channel by combining the rear and mid. I used the dx5 rugged with the 5 channel receiver and have still a spare channel. Have 2 unused diff brains lying around.

Now checking to Perma lock the diffs and turn it into a crawler style truck. That way hopefully I have less parts break. Luckily I have an entire truck in spares 😁

Diff brain really is not needed. I have it set up using 2 channels on my controller. Saved a channel by combining the rear and mid. I used the dx5 rugged with the 5 channel receiver and have still a spare channel. Have 2 unused diff brains lying around.

Now checking to Perma lock the diffs and turn it into a crawler style truck. That way hopefully I have less parts break. Luckily I have an entire truck in spares 😁
Could you explain how to do that. IE pics or vids

I just got a Nero with out the diff brain. I’m trying to add all the components to make the car like new. I still need the diff brain and also the original remote

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back