Fireteam Driveshaft pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess a good question to ask....what is "need to replace" what does that look like. I could be wrong still new at this. Do pins need to be solid and round for a reason... maybe just nicer if it is 🤷‍♂️

Landing on power đź’Ą snap pinging that flat or flicking the throttle when it unloads the rear. I weld cups right on the diff assembly and smooth them with a thin wheel on a dremel.
how hard are the welds compared to the hardness of the cups? what kind of welder? sticks or MIG?

Guess a good question to ask....what is "need to replace" what does that look like. I could be wrong still new at this. Do pins need to be solid and round for a reason... maybe just nicer if it is 🤷‍♂️
Not sure what the technical answer would be, but I've only replaced one set that wasn't broken, & the pins were just slivers @ that point

how hard are the welds compared to the hardness of the cups? what kind of welder? sticks or MIG?
110V .035” Flux Core Mig, surface hardness is around 55 Rc Rockwell.

Great question, I’m curious what the Rc on the Arrma pins/cups is now. Probably all low carbon steel, maybe a case hardening or heat treat.

I lathe turn and grind S7 tool steel pins across the board for toughness, getting too brittle with pin material like drill blanks in outdrive/hubs/axles can cause shear failure

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back