Driveshaft upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddent4590

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just wondering I have a senton 550 mega with a 6s system it's just destroying my driveshafts in the front and rear does anyone know of like a bulletproof upgrade I have the stock cvd sliders with 17mm hex

Spoiler alert. 6s cars, even fully upgraded, still have issues with drive shafts and even with upgraded diff cups.

All my shafts and diff cups are basically ruined now even if they don't wobble.

Shafts have the pins flattened and diff cups have grooves worn in so deep.

I bullet proofed my car but now it's regular wear and tear that's killing it.

Just wondering I have a senton 550 mega with a 6s system it's just destroying my driveshafts in the front and rear does anyone know of like a bulletproof upgrade I have the stock cvd sliders with 17mm hex
Run 4s. 6s is a killer in the megas.

Last edited:
Spoiler alert. 6s cars, even fully upgraded, still have issues with drive shafts and even with upgraded diff cups.

All my shafts and diff cups are basically ruined now even if they don't wobble.

Shafts have the pins flattened and diff cups have grooves worn in so deep.

I bullet proofed my car but now it's regular wear and tear that's killing it.
I wish the center shafts were available as sliding universals, they seem to be the ones that wear that fastest for me.

Read through this thread, It may give you some ideas.

Also, I agree that the car just won't handle 6s. Unless you run it at 50% throttle or less, expect to constantly blow up plastic drivetrain parts.
I'm doing 50,000rpm on a 20/57 it's max speed is like 50mph on 6s I've done 73mph on a 4000 kv 3s 26/57 so it shouldn't be speed

The shaft from motor to diffs?
Sorry I meant on the 6s models, the shafts from the center diff to the front and rear gearboxes.
I'm doing 50,000rpm on a 20/57 it's max speed is like 50mph on 6s I've done 73mph on a 4000 kv 3s 26/57 so it shouldn't be speed
He's talking the torque of the motor it is too much for the drivetrain of the 3s models to handle.

You could try some aluminum center driveshafts..
But, you're just looking for trouble with 6S power in a 3S chassis/drivetrain.
Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back