Electronics swap time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaatus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I mentioned this quite briefly in an earlier post, but due to my own stupidity, I’m now having to buy a new motor for my outcast 6S. The big question i have, is spektrums smart stuff just a gimmick or is it worth the change? I do like the idea of having temps and such available to me at a glance.

I’m looking to swap this motor/ESC combo for the current factory stuff.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...rt-esc-motor-combo-2050kv-spmxsemc05/p1222230

Or is the stock stuff good enough? I still plan on a servo swap down the road.

If you get the RTR motor, get it from Jenny's. $50
I actually just went to check and unfortunately they show out of stock on anything relating to my truck. It says arrma discontinued the model but I only bought it new a year ago. Am I missing something?

This IS the stock ARRMA stuff...
This IS the stock ARRMA stuff... 🤣
I see where my confusion is coming from. The motor you linked to and the one I have are totally different. This is what I have currently.

image.jpg

I see where my confusion is coming from. The motor you linked to and the one I have are totally different. This is what I have currently.

View attachment 145073
Those and the v5 are virtually the same, just rebranded. Yours is the v4 while the current one is v5. Should work fine with the v5 motor

Ooh, I didn't realize you had the V4, though it's obvious, as there isn't an outcast V5.

Most of the electronics new are basically the same, but with different branding.

Thanks for all the great info. I am quickly realizing what I thought I knew and what I actually know are two very different things

Back