English Titanium Chassis and towers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Came across these on FB

English guys makin titanium Armma stuff.. Chassis, Towers and Ackerman plates..
They claim to be 3× tougher than stock..

How does that relate to the "M2C" ones?
Edit: 7075-T6 (aluminium) vs Ti-6al-4v (titanium)
https://www.makeitfrom.com/compare/7075-T6-Aluminum/Grade-5-Ti-6Al-4V-3.7165-R56400-Titanium
Looks like the titanium is about 35-50% stonger.. When both in same thickness offcourse.. The M2C ones are 4mm.. The titanium ones are 3mm..
So, lets say: the titanium ones are about 10-25% stonger

Huge Pro: titanium sparks!

Hope this link works..
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1300061976818689&id=931426477015576
If not.. Search FB for: Scorched Parts RC

Last edited:
Titanium is awesome. Should be a very good chassis, maybe I can get rid of my skid plates one day when I decide to buy that chassis lol.

image.jpg

Last edited:
One weird idea I’ve always had was an under chassis support brace. If someone made a 1.5mm titanium plate to bolt where my skid plates are screwed in, it’d provide a ton of stiffness and combined with the front and rear aluminum chassis braces up top, it’d be a very solid setup I’d think?
13761DED-C581-4904-9EDC-C437D6A4C198.jpeg

Just a little cutout for the spur gear and heavily countersunk 4 screw holes (marked in red) and the general shape I made as the yellow.. I guess it’d cover the screws but because it’s only 4 bolts it’ll take a minute to get off. It’d also act as a skid plate to protect your chassis, and this is a completely flat trapezoid of titanium (or 7075 aluminum) so a mold would be very cheap.

One weird idea I’ve always had was an under chassis support brace. If someone made a 1.5mm titanium plate to bolt where my skid plates are screwed in, it’d provide a ton of stiffness and combined with the front and rear aluminum chassis braces up top, it’d be a very solid setup I’d think?
View attachment 41525
Just a little cutout for the spur gear and heavily countersunk 4 screw holes (marked in red) and the general shape I made as the yellow.. I guess it’d cover the screws but because it’s only 4 bolts it’ll take a minute to get off. It’d also act as a skid plate to protect your chassis, and this is a completely flat trapezoid of titanium (or 7075 aluminum) so a mold would be very cheap.

Ive been thinking about the same idea.. Not really for extra strenght.. But more just chassis scratch protection..
All these company's do nylon bumpers and rear skids.. Why not do a combination of both.. With a stetch of nylon in between connecting both ends.. So you have the width of the mouning part all the way running down the chassis..

We'll see how the titanium chassis performs?. All my M2C chassis's are still straight as an arrow yet provide much needed slight flex under heavy load?. Guess I'm simply not convinced Titanium is either necessary or superior in terms of handling characteristics. The more upgrade options the merrier, but you have to do your own research and choose wisely.

150 Euros shipped for a titanium chassis... not something I need right now, but good to know :)

Back in the day, I had a Hardcore Racing titanium chassis deck on my losi aftershock (LSTv1). It was super rigid compared to the stock aluminum. Then again, it was a i-beam type truck with a deck, then chassis rails giving it strength, so the stock alloy wasn't that thick to begin with, and it was full of holes for all the parts. Just the same, the titanium one was difficult to flex by hand at all.

I'm assuming there are varying grades of titanium like there are aluminum as well.

I like Ti. Ti was popular back in the day for tie rods and chassis. I had Ti on my AE rigs. Then Ti stock became too expensive to source and then tool/machine. Ti is approx. 30% lighter depending on grade.
But I don't see it much these days. Ti parts have great memory characteristics at certain thicknesses if machined correctly But it will snap like plastic if pushed beyond specs. Steel has little memory and will just bend at a certain point much like aluminum and can be re-bent back into shape. Ti will usually snap or crack beyond its memory limit depending on the the grade of Ti.
Hammad Ghuman Racing was the big guy with Ti back then. I cant find their Ti stuff anymore.

Ti parts have great memory characteristics at certain thicknesses if machined correctly But it will snap like plastic if pushed beyond specs..!!
Ti will usually snap or crack beyond its memory limit depending on the the grade of Ti.

Mmmm that doesn't sound too good..?

Lets just hope they've got it right...!!

Hi
I am using Russian Ti shock towers they are really cheap and I did not manage to break any of them and I have 4 sets on all my Arrma trucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323873711229

Also I am waiting for Ti chasis to be made for my Kraton and old Talion.
Hope it will hold bashing great! Will make an update about the price and how it works here :)

Hi
I am using Russian Ti shock towers they are really cheap and I did not manage to break any of them and I have 4 sets on all my Arrma trucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323873711229

Also I am waiting for Ti chasis to be made for my Kraton and old Talion.
Hope it will hold bashing great! Will make an update about the price and how it works here :)
And now... I just did a kneejerk purchase. lol!

I know the one on the rear of my outcast has been bent a few times and it's bending more each time as it's getting weaker. Will see how these do with a T2T brace on them. I really should get the M2C chassis... then again, haven't run my outcast in a while. Too many trucks, too little time.

And now... I just did a kneejerk purchase. lol!

I know the one on the rear of my outcast has been bent a few times and it's bending more each time as it's getting weaker. Will see how these do with a T2T brace on them. I really should get the M2C chassis... then again, haven't run my outcast in a while. Too many trucks, too little time.
That's so familiar about time and rcs... I also have some planes and a lot of fpv mini quads?
But less time year to year

Last edited:
does anyone know the shcok tower difference between typhon and and talion? is there really that big of a difference?

LWB chassis has been sold out for a while. I emailed them just now to see if and when some more.
Ti chassis are not a new concept. But as of late in the RC world no one else really makes parts out of Ti.
Material costs more and is harder to CNC, I get that. But it serves as a great alternative to Al.

Update:
Replied to my email within a day.
They are a small shop that has made full scale parts.
They stopped production for a few weeks. The Kraton LWB Ti Chassis was quoted at 169 euro when it becomes available. They produce small production runs. $190. beacoup each is up there. Ti never comes cheap though.

Last edited:
I just went with the tried and tested M2C chassis in the end ??

does anyone know the shcok tower difference between typhon and and talion? is there really that big of a difference?
Yes difference. Not the same size! Want to play around and alter dimensions? That's cool too I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back