Granite ESC is failing.... What are my options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmaab

Reaction score
The title is a bit misleading as I know what my options are, I guess I'm just looking for input from what others have done in my situation.

The esc on my sons Voltage is failing. HH will send me one under warranty...sometime in December if I am lucky.

What is a decent transmitter/receiver setup as well as esc I can use as a replacement? I don't need anything over the top, my son is 5 and the current power level of this car on a 2S lipo is more than enough for him. I was looking at the goolrc sruff on Amazon as it's available rather quickly.

Last edited:
If not over the top, you can find decent used BLX 100's or Max 10s for sale at fair prices.
Personally, I'd get a used one and keep the new one for backup(or even resale) if it's going to take that long.
I used GoolRc before converting a brushed Redcat to brushless. Not bad(in my limited opinion) but can be finicky at times. Mine had Alzheimer's. Esc couldn't remember settings and had to be reset each battery.

Any brushed esc should work
Are they 3 in 1? Limits what you can do unfortunatly
Some are, just like my son's ECX Amp. I wanted to upgrade it a bit for him but he loves his radio and won't change. Very simplistic yet functional.

I'd love to find a cheap 3 in 1 if possible and reuse his current radio.

That being said my current line of thinking is to get a 3S tx/rx from Jenny's and then get a quicrun 1060 esc and roll with it. Alternatively I could upgrade the tx/rx in my 3S Granite and use the stock one to get the Voltage going. Snow should be flying here pretty soon so I'll have time to make a decision.

Last edited:
Your idea of buying a 3s radio and Hobbywing 1060 ESC is not a bad idea. It's a budget fix that should work well for what you are trying to do. The 3s radio gives you the options of limiting the throttle to 75% or 50%, which might be a good thing for a 5 year old. The 1060 ESC, while not as configurable as a 1080, should be just fine for him as well.

Arrmaab, I just found a Hobbywing WP-1060-RTR ESC with an XT60 connector in my parts box, and it has less than an hour of run time on it (I converted the vehicle it was in to brushless). You can have the 1060 for free, and I will ship it via Priority Mail at no cost to you. PM me if interested.

Arrmaab, I just found a Hobbywing WP-1060-RTR ESC with an XT60 connector in my parts box, and it has less than an hour of run time on it (I converted the vehicle it was in to brushless). You can have the 1060 for free, and I will ship it via Priority Mail at no cost to you. PM me if interested.
Wow, what a community, PM sent.
Why don't you just keep the tx/rx if your son likes that particular setup and just get the new esc.. Or is there something wrong with it?
Unfortunately on the Voltage series the esc and rx are an all in one device so I can't replace just the esc.

Last edited:
my stock esc burned up, i replaced it with a brushless setup, but I'm going to switch it back to brushed with a HW 1060. I run it with an sr315 and dx5 pro 2021.

MT-305 receivers work with the stock voltage transmitter. But they're unfortunately a bit hard to find.

MT-305 receivers work with the stock voltage transmitter. But they're unfortunately a bit hard to find.
I ended up ordering the 3s combo from Jenny's and will grab a 1060 from Amazon or see what my LHS has in stock.

Edit....my LHS has a Hobbywing 1060 in stock at a good price so I'll grab one later this week.

Last edited:
To convert a Voltage which is a brushed setup, you will have to changeout the radio/reciever, ESC and even the servo.
Unless you get any great deal on another 3 in 1 ESC (servo, ESC and Rx, controlled all in one) ,you will spend considerably as much if not more more than you paid for the Rig. The 3 in 1 setups are known to not last long.
JennsRC may have you covered in this regard. Try there.

To convert a Voltage which is a brushed setup, you will have to changeout the radio/reciever, ESC and even the servo.
Unless you get any great deal on another 3 in 1 ESC (servo, ESC and Rx, controlled all in one) ,you will spend considerably as much if not more more than you paid for the Rig. The 3 in 1 setups are known to not last long.
JennsRC may have you covered in this regard. Try there.

I upgraded the servo months ago when I first got the Voltage for him. I just ordered the 3s combo from Jenny's and my LHS has a 1060 in stock so I'll grab it from there and convert his rig.

I agree with @SrC .. Saving a buck in this business is a no no.. Get what u pay for.. Im confused now at what exactly the OP has!? A whole setup from a 3s rig? Or am i way off 🤣

I upgraded the servo months ago when I first got the Voltage for him. I just ordered the 3s combo from Jenny's and my LHS has a 1060 in stock so I'll grab it from there and convert his rig.
The 3 in 1 setup uses a unique 5 wire servo, how did you upgrade that alone ? All other servo's are 3 wire.
Not sure what you had, have now and are getting?:unsure:
Confused.:confused:

The 3 in 1 setup uses a unique 5 wire servo, how did you upgrade that alone ? All other servo's are 3 wire.
Not sure what you had, have now and are getting?:unsure:
Confused.:confused:

The stock servo is indeed a 5 wire. The 3 in 1 also has a spot for a 3 wire hidden under one of the rubber grommets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back