ESC... what are the differences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmhouse22

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a stock granite 4x4 blx 3s. Is the ESC that comes on it “good”? Are there better ones? What would be the advantage/if any to upgrading it?

thanks!

I have a stock granite 4x4 blx 3s. Is the ESC that comes on it “good”? Are there better ones? What would be the advantage/if any to upgrading it?

thanks

thanks!
I am currently at work and I'm just going to talk into my telephone and hopefully it dictates this correct. I don't have your model of rig, but I do have the Senton v3 blx.....

first of all I was wondering what you are hoping to accomplish with a different speed control? if you want to go with bigger batteries as in 4s or 6s, yes you will need a different esc, but you may run into difficulties with going with extra power above and beyond what your drivetrain is designed to handle and may cause more problems than it's worth....

If that is not your goal, would reprogramming your current speed control give you the desired results ? look in your owner's manual and it shows you the different programming levels for break, punch, etc. And how to reprogram the esc.

what is the problem with your current speed control? What is your desire in changing it? That would help us understand what you need to do to get you where you need to go.....

If you want it to get higher mph....changing the gearing may be the way....

Sure there are upgrades.....

The stock ESC is a rebranded Hobbywing and is fine. You loose some tuning/programming options compared to the aftermarket version. I wouldn't bother upgrading it until it fails, but it's your call. It already offers plenty of power for a Granite IMO.

I am currently at work and I'm just going to talk into my telephone and hopefully it dictates this correct. I don't have your model of rig, but I do have the Senton v3 blx.....

first of all I was wondering what you are hoping to accomplish with a different speed control? if you want to go with bigger batteries as in 4s or 6s, yes you will need a different esc, but you may run into difficulties with going with extra power above and beyond what your drivetrain is designed to handle and may cause more problems than it's worth....

If that is not your goal, would reprogramming your current speed control give you the desired results ? look in your owner's manual and it shows you the different programming levels for break, punch, etc. And how to reprogram the esc.

what is the problem with your current speed control? What is your desire in changing it? That would help us understand what you need to do to get you where you need to go.....

If you want it to get higher mph....changing the gearing may be the way....

Sure there are upgrades.....
Your dictation did very well! I was just wondering what would be the advantages to changing to stock ESC. I plan on running the same 3S batteries. I guess I’m curious if there is anything better about aftermarket ESC’s than the stock.

Your dictation did very well! I was just wondering what would be the advantages to changing to stock ESC. I plan on running the same 3S batteries. I guess I’m curious if there is anything better about aftermarket ESC’s than the stock.
Since you can reprogram the stock speed control, short answer would be no real benefit , as in noticeable bang for the buck, to get an aftermarket speed control.....IMO.....

If you want the rig to go faster, look into gearing....
If you wanted to accelerate faster, increase the punch level in your current speed control and the C rating of your battery, 50 or more as usually a good start, look at a higher C rating on your battery for the potential to have more acceleration..... This probably isn't a problem if you already have batteries like that but if the c rating is below 50 it might be......
Not sure what you're looking for or what you're trying to do..,.., I'm trying to guess
just look into it and see what you think

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back