EV fire inside garage // EV Fire Blanket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what caused the fire. Is that a Mach-E?

Edit: nice eye @Tex Koder I am pretty sure you are right.

Last edited:
I just don't get it. These EV's can be so dangerous.
Why the big push with dangerous unproven technology. The early adopters are literally playing with FIRE.
More important to them is the EV "Status Thing", Not their families. Risking life and property because it is "Supposedly" the Green Thing to do.
And super chargers and all of them, cost double per kwH compared to ICE vehicles at $2.40/gallon. Fact. No one wants to openly discuss or admit,
This EV phenomenon is a scam to push an $agenda$.
The 1%'ers/capitalists, globally, are all cashing in on the industry. Making out $big$ on them.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
All I know is that with all EV fires, there is no way to tell what exactly was the technical reason for the failure. Thermal Runaway is what it is. It could be the most simplest reason. That requires expensive forensics to determine. FD Inspectors could care less. FD's job is to contain and make the mess safe. Owner, Insurance and potentially the EV Mfr, has to deal with the mess.

>>>I will bet my bottom dollar that once you have an EV fire like this, you will never buy an EV again.
And you are a total and complete fool if you do.
You already look like a fool in front of your neighbors.:ROFLMAO:
EV market saturation has already peaked at 1.0% in the STATES. And is not growing any more than this. FACT. Read between the lines.
There is a surplus of EV's Globally.
Only 1% of car vehicles on the road in the USA are EV's. No more than than this. It has petered out. Many are sold as fleets to Govt and Rentals due to Fed Subsidizing. A scam right there. Its a bust. They are too costly to maintain and own. The Car Rental companies have halted all orders for EV's. They are sucking wind with the ones they have so far. Its a fail.
>>>NYPD here has many of the Mach E's. Cops beat the crap out of them. Driving fast all over the place. Sometimes for no reason. Show boating them.
They are falling apart. In for service constantly. The Ford dealers end up needing a Month+ to fix them. The Dealers don't have a clue.
Police vehicles need to run 24/7. Gas up and keep rolling, to be practical.
EV's just don't fit the bill.(n)

Last edited:

I believe it was a Jaguar i-Pace...

Just sitting there in the garage.. Not even being driven. Up it goes , nearly taking the house with it....

Sad & Frustrating as Hell for the owner , I'd imagine.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...se-of-lithium-ion-batteries.60231/post-896372

They are over 260K miles now (original battery & drivetrain)... Pretty cool. Especially if you live in an area that has more renewables on the grid.

Still waiting to see what energy storage devices are around the corner. Tesla seems to be focusing on LFP batteries which are less volatile and have a higher cycle life. Toyota seems to be focusing on solid state tech which also looks like it has potential.

Toyota is the outliar. Often criticized by the industry for making and selling so few of EV's. Toyota does not really Push them. They just offer them as an alternative to ICE. The Gov'ts forces all Mfr's to embrace EV's. CAFE averages, etc govern this.
All Mfrs should follow their lead.
And Toyota has the most experience and best technology IMO, with them, yet still they are looking to other Safer efficient alternatives. Even more so than Tesla.

Last edited:
Only 1% of car vehicles on the road in the USA are EV's. No more than than this. It has petered out. Many are sold as fleets to Govt and Rentals due to Fed Subsidizing. A scam right there. Its a bust. They are too costly to maintain and own. The Car Rental companies have halted all orders for EV's. They are sucking wind with the ones they have so far. Its a fail.
Reminded me of an article I just read:

"Hertz Global Holdings Inc. plans to sell a third of its US electric vehicle fleet and reinvest in gas-powered cars due to weak demand and high repair costs for its battery-powered options."

So, electric vehicles don't cause polution like gas powered vehicles. Unless they catch on fire of course and then the pollution is MUCH more toxic than gas vehicle emissions. Typical government stupidity. Mandating rolling firebombs.

Thankfully, fires do seem to be rare all around for both gas and electric.

So, electric vehicles don't cause polution like gas powered vehicles. Unless they catch on fire of course and then the pollution is MUCH more toxic than gas vehicle emissions. Typical government stupidity. Mandating rolling firebombs.

Correction: nearly FSD - Full Self Driving

Reminded me of an article I just read:

"Hertz Global Holdings Inc. plans to sell a third of its US electric vehicle fleet and reinvest in gas-powered cars due to weak demand and high repair costs for its battery-powered options."
I read that one and many others.
Many years back I was the Fleet sales director for Avis WHQ.

I just don't get it. These EV's can be so dangerous.
Why the big push with dangerous unproven technology. The early adopters are literally playing with FIRE.
More important to them is the EV "Status Thing", Not their families. Risking life and property because it is "Supposedly" the Green Thing to do.
And super chargers and all of them, cost double per kwH compared to ICE vehicles at $2.40/gallon. Fact. No one wants to openly discuss or admit,
This EV phenomenon is a scam to push an $agenda$.
The 1%'ers/capitalists, globally, are all cashing in on the industry. Making out $big$ on them.
:rolleyes:
Don't forget that all the first gasoline cars could break your arm while hand starting them. With new innovation comes new risks I guess.

Don't forget that all the first gasoline cars could break your arm while hand starting them. With new innovation comes new risks I guess.
And all of the fireball cars with unprotected gas tanks, Ford Pinto comes to mind.

And all of the fireball cars with unprotected gas tanks, Ford Pinto comes to mind.
I wouldn't consider the Ford Pinto a great mechanical advancement though 😂
eYn8X8.gif

My brother drove a Ford Pinto back in the 80s and it never exploded. And lets not forget 1960s Chevy and Ford pickups with the gas tank behind the seat inside the cab.
What about the Stanley Steamer? Did it have a hand crank?

Last edited:
Back