Fire extinguisher effective against lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
This is genuinely one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. Most CO2 or powder fire extinguishers struggle to put out even small lipo fires. It's nice to see their are products that actively suppress further reactions on an exploding Lipo. Considering picking one of these up for piece of mind in addition to the precautions I already take.

This is genuinely one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. Most CO2 or powder fire extinguishers struggle to put out even small lipo fires. It's nice to see their are products that actively suppress further reactions on an exploding Lipo. Considering picking one of these up for piece of mind in addition to the precautions I already take.

Thank you for sharing!

I'll be getting a couple.

I’ll check out their website, thanks for sharing! I would have guessed they were little halon cans, but he said they didn’t damage plastics so I don’t know.
There are halon fire systems for track cars that work brilliantly, but if it isn’t cleaned up immediately it will trash anything plastic or vinyl that it comes in contact with.

I need to pick up a few cans of that… great price also!
I keep all my batteries in lipo bags, inside ammo cans (gasket removed) in my fireplace… I also have a fire blanket (not the tinfoil type) to help suppress any fires, or for personal protection from removing the battery or trying to evade the flames! Haha
I remember the Tesla that spontaneously combusted last year taking an estimated 6000 gallons of water from firefighters. All part of the libtards plan for green initiatives

I tattoo a few fire fighters… they said when they get a call for a Tesla fire, they dread it… said they just try and move it away from anything and let it burn… they have buried one and it was still flaring up 3 days later….

ordered 3, expensive AF but worth if it handles a lipo

I need to pick up a few cans of that… great price also!
I keep all my batteries in lipo bags, inside ammo cans (gasket removed) in my fireplace… I also have a fire blanket (not the tinfoil type) to help suppress any fires, or for personal protection from removing the battery or trying to evade the flames! Haha

I tattoo a few fire fighters… they said when they get a call for a Tesla fire, they dread it… said they just try and move it away from anything and let it burn… they have buried one and it was still flaring up 3 days later….
Our fire department had a water container made to submerge burning electric cars. They just leave them in there for at least two days. They have to top up the water level multiple times as it evaporates from boiling.

6e368d07-f4d6-3078-afbe-77524b6849b6.jpg

Our fire department had a water container made to submerge burning electric cars. They just leave them in there for at least two days. They have to top up the water level multiple times as it evaporates from boiling.

View attachment 315160

Smart.
At least they're not wasting 15-20K gallons from it running down the drain..

Guess Tesla need to include two or three bottles of that Fire Sense fire extinguisher with each sale!

35$ a can ooo. Pricey but if it works! Cool Product, thanks for sharing.

So EV's don't catch fire nearly as often as ICE vehicles but when they do? 🔥 oof.

I do like the idea of vehicles being powered by more of an "on-demand" energy source that can be replenished from regenerative braking and such. Hopefully electric cars will push the development of an even better power/storage source.

One thing is for sure, can't beat the sound of a true V8 or VQ :cool:.

Last edited:
I really don’t think the price is that bad especially it being able to be used on a lipo efficiently…. class D fire extinguishers are hella expensive…. The fire fighters I know said the ABC ones will not work on our lipos… So these are much cheaper then one of them. And the size let’s you have them in a few different places instead of one big tank in one area…

these are just my thoughts. $35 to possibly save my house? I’m in!

I kinda hear and read contradicting things about lipo batteries. Some sites say that class D don't work on LiPo batteries, because it's the electrolyte that's burning and not the metal Lithium and say you rather need ABC/ABF with F-500. Other sites say that you need a class D and ABC/ABF won't work

So I just had my yearly fire inspection and then my fire extinguisher inspection… got to talking with the inspector and said this is what they sell for the new batteries in cars, bikes, lipos... He’s into rc’s himself and said this is the best option just expensive… I showed him the one from amain and said he’s heard good things about those type for lipos.
IMG_4476.jpeg

It will be interesting to see how solid state batteries will temper the safety issues of Lithium Ion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back