Mojave Exb or RTR mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the M2C hinge pin kits do NOT need their shock towers. These ones here: https://m2cracing.net/arrma-v5-notorious/474-m2c-3130-arrma-off-road-rear-hinge-pin-kit.html

I had not seen the new 30 dollar D blocks before, but I see no reason to run that on anything other then the Mojave with the EXB bumper. Not sure why it needs the M2c shock towers either, looks like a newer product. I wouldn't run it on a Kraton at all. The hinge pin kits are straight drop ins.
Yeah that's what I got. The Mojave EXB. I'm going to give the HR stuff a chance first. Yeah, they are weaker than M2C stuff, but we'll see.

Yeah that's what I got. The Mojave EXB. I'm going to give the HR stuff a chance first. Yeah, they are weaker than M2C stuff, but we'll see.

Yeah, my bad, my brain just defaulted to V5 Kraton for some reason, since that's the truck I have and I usually stay in those threads. The M2C site is definitely a tad confusing regarding the Mojave. I guess you'd have to order the regular hinge pin kit and the rear d block and towers to use the rear EXB bumper. I don't see anything about the front, but I'm sure an email or close look at the exploded view could tell you.

Yeah, my bad, my brain just defaulted to V5 Kraton for some reason, since that's the truck I have and I usually stay in those threads. The M2C site is definitely a tad confusing regarding the Mojave. I guess you'd have to order the regular hinge pin kit and the rear d block and towers to use the rear EXB bumper. I don't see anything about the front, but I'm sure an email or close look at the exploded view could tell you.
I think that they are talking about the RTR Mojave? that one would definitely need either the EXB shock tower or the M2C one,, the EXB skid plate and rear bumper. That's how I made sense of that at least in my head 🤣. I sent them an email for clarification anyways. I also asked them about the front lower hinge pin block, since I don't see it anywhere on their website. Do the stock hinge pins fit their hinge pin blocks? I'm also wondering if their hinge pin system is compatible with the hot Racing bulkhead? 🤔

Last edited:
I think that they are talking about the RTR Mojave? that one would definitely need either the EXB shock tower or the M2C one,, the EXB skid plate and rear bumper. That's how I made sense of that at least in my head 🤣. I sent them an email for clarification anyways. I also asked them about the front lower hinge pin block, since I don't see it anywhere on their website. Do the stock hinge pins fit their hinge pin blocks? I'm also wondering if their hinge pin system is compatible with the hot Racing bulkhead? 🤔

I see no reason that their hingepin kit would not work with HR diffs. HR diffs are made to factory spec other than an oversized bearing. Also, no, stock hinge pins will not work with their blocks. You must use M2C hingepins. Also, looking at the front hingepin kit description, he says he's not sure if it works with the Mojave.

I see no reason that their hingepin kit would not work with HR diffs. HR diffs are made to factory spec other than an oversized bearing. Also, no, stock hinge pins will not work with their blocks. You must use M2C hingepins. Also, looking at the front hingepin kit description, he says he's not sure if it works with the Mojave.
Yeah in the notes it says that the front hinge pin system doesn't work with the Mojave or EXB models from what I understand. I'm just confused because I see these lower front block in the rear installed on the mojave pictured. And I can't find only the lower front block for the rear and the hinge pins individually 🤔. That's the other two parts that I would need to use their new $30 rear hinge pin block no?

Yeah in the notes it says that the front hinge pin system doesn't work with the Mojave or EXB models from what I understand. I'm just confused because I see these lower front block in the rear installed on the mojave pictured. And I can't find only the lower front block for the rear and the hinge pins individually 🤔. That's the other two parts that I would need to use their new $30 rear hinge pin block no?

Yes, I think you need the rear offroad hinge pin kit from the Kraton screen (all the 6S gearboxes are the same and the front block looks the same as the rest of the 6S lineup). Not sure why they don't sell a kit where they have the hinge pin kit with the Mojave rear D-block.

Yes, I think you need the rear offroad hinge pin kit from the Kraton screen (all the 6S gearboxes are the same and the front block looks the same as the rest of the 6S lineup). Not sure why they don't sell a kit where they have the hinge pin kit with the Mojave rear D-block.
Yeah they probably have to update that. I would have left over the rear hinge block and I wouldn't even be able to use it because I would still need the front hinge block and hinge pins for another vehicle. I do have the Infraction v2 and Felony, but I'm not sure if those parts work on those rigs. And they are not even necessary since I don't jump those vehicles at all 🤔
I sent M2C another message stating that I want to purchase their hinge pins, the front lower block in the rear and their new $30 block for the Mojave exb as a set. That should solve my issue 👍

Last edited:
I decided to replace the stock stripped bulkhead with another brand new stock bulkhead that I had laying around. The stock hinge pins and blocks in the rear are still OK, just a bit bent, so I put all that back together in there too. Since I'm waiting for that part that broke when the whole bulkhead lifted (ARA320539) I noticed that it looks a lot like the stock 6s Typhon wing mount. I happened to have the right rpm wing mount side laying around (it would have been easier to use the left side but oh well), so I modified it, cut the piece that goes to the wing and it worked. Better than nothing. So it's put back together so that my son can at least drive this thing tomorrow. I'm still waiting on M2C and their response. Also the crappy MMX 8s fan broke already, so I replaced it with a high powered fan from powerhobby that I was using for my Outcast 8s motor (I'll install the game changer dual fans on that motor de, which I also have). It fits perfectly on top of the MM8X. I believe it's a 35mm fan.

Last edited:
Before and after the driving. My son drove it the whole time at 50%. He drove this thing like he's been driving it all his life. Mostly perfect jumps 😂
20210809_110052.jpg
20210809_120155.jpg

20210809_105611.jpg

Nice Mojave. The last pick looks like you were so excited to get it going there were still packing peanuts in the body :ROFLMAO: Good luck with it. Looking forward to some video of you and your boy driving that.
Video is up! My son put in some work in the second part of the video. He did great.

My son and I beat up the Mojave again today. When I started jumping it, it was going well and I I even got a backflip, but the last jump broke the right front drive cup on the diff. Should I replace it with a a stock one and put a bearing on the outside or a drive cup sleeve? Or just get an M2C one? Which I think it's stronger. I assuming it's the power from the 1717 and the MM8X that helped with that breakage.
20210813_122617.jpg

I have the M2C outdrives. They seem quality, but not sure if they are really that much stronger than stock, but they have a slightly different design. Instead of having that little rubber thing in them, they are just all metal.

I have the M2C outdrives. They seem quality, but not sure if they are really that much stronger than stock, but they have a slightly different design. Instead of having that little rubber thing in them, they are just all metal.
Have you ever broken a drive cup on the stock ones? Just curious. Thanks.
With great power comes great responsibility. I'd take the M2C route but never tried them myself.
They won't be the last ones you will break, buy spares.
Have you broken any? Thanks. I installed some bearings on the outside on an other RC that was doing the same thing and I've never broken one since.

Have you ever broken a drive cup on the stock ones? Just curious. Thanks.

Have you broken any? Thanks. I installed some bearings on the outside on an other RC that was doing the same thing and I've never broken one since.

I broke a stock drive cup from a bad landing on my Kraton, but that was a very hard hit that ripped the rear arm off the hingepin. Haven't broken an M2C one, but hardly used them.

Honestly, the towers are not that important on the Mojave. Unless you want some $Bling$. I do have JBI towers. Wasn't needed in retrospect.
The Mojave towers are very well protected. IMHO.
If anything, the chassis and braces first.
My spin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back