Mojave Exb or RTR mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After jumping and bashing the Mojave, the rear hinge pin blocks started falling apart, so I replaced them with the M2C hinge pin block system. Also the top carbon fiber plate in the front fell apart, so I replaced it with a JUST BASH IT one. I did have to drill the hole where the chassis brace goes so that I could fit a 2.5mm bolt. No biggie. Ready to go!

20211020_142449.jpg
20211020_142501.jpg
20211020_215442.jpg
20211020_215424.jpg

After jumping and bashing the Mojave, the rear hinge pin blocks started falling apart, so I replaced them with the M2C hinge pin block system. Also the top carbon fiber plate in the front fell apart, so I replaced it with a JUST BASH IT one. I did have to drill the hole where the chassis brace goes so that I could fit a 2.5mm bolt. No biggie. Ready to go!

View attachment 175323View attachment 175324View attachment 175325View attachment 175327
Wow, so much for the CF Top plate. :(
Just not a fan of CF for bashing. For this reason. I used CF years back and they all broke the same way. Pan car chassis, Towers on my 10T and GT etc.
CF best for Speed Runners . Just for the weight savings alone. Not for durability.

Wow, so much for the CF Top plate. :(
Just not a fan of CF for bashing. For this reason. I used CF years back and they all broke the same way. Pan car chassis, Towers on my 10T and GT etc.
CF best for Speed Runners . Just for the weight savings alone. Not for durability.
Unfortunately it didn't stand a chance. Maybe if you don't jump it might work out fine, but yeah, for hardcore bashing I wouldn't trust CF. That plate takes a lot of abuse from the chassis brace too, so it has to be very solid. The vehicle came with that plated when I bought it. Now CF tubing around a chassis brace is where it works great as reinforcement 👍

^^^ Absolutely.
I use CF tubing sleeved onto every single one of my OE T2T braces. They never bend now. Before they always did. Even with a simple love tap.
I wrecked my Lim going 80+ Mph. Was a twisted mess. Needed a whole new Lim roller because I needed most of the parts. Chassis and all destroyed . The stocker T2T was still perfectly straight with CF over it.

Last edited:
So I'm going to try my Mojave EXB on 8s. Bought a some 2.8 tires for it. I got 40mph on grass 6s, so I'm predicting around 50mph on 8s. 20t pinion and
stock center diff.

20211123_142252.jpg
20211123_172823.jpg

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. 😆😄

8S with a 25t pinion. All around animal.
I gave in and will run my EXB Mojave on 8s tomorrow. It was popping wheelies pavement. 20t pinion. I did buy some powerhobby 2.8 belted tires for it. What tires are you using on 8s?

I'm probably going to jump it off my friend's huge ramp, so the 2.8 tires should be able to give me a bit more control in the air. Yeah I know it's a SCT, but I like jumping my off road rigs 🤣😅

I have multiple videos of me launching mine 50-70" up and 50-70" out.

Stock wheels/tires are phenomenal.

What wheels and tires are those? The wheels look sick. I might want to pick up a set!

Last edited:

What wheels and tires are those? The wheels look sick. I might want to pick up a set!
Well the motor didn't like them too much. Like a damn rookie, I tried to do a speed run on grass for like 5 minutes and I think that the motor got too hot. It's hard to turn 🤦. And I have a temperature gun and I didn't bother to use the sensor wire so that the ESC could help me save the motor from disaster. Totally my fault. It worked OK at night on pavement, but not on grass during the day.

20211124_123616.jpg

Well the motor didn't like them too much. Like a damn rookie, I tried to do a speed run on grass for like 5 minutes and I think that the motor got too hot. It's hard to turn 🤦. And I have a temperature gun and I didn't bother to use the sensor wire so that the ESC could help me save the motor from disaster. Totally my fault. It worked OK at night on pavement, but not on grass during the day.

View attachment 181749
Ouch, that $uck$ man.. Been there too. Temp gun and all. Hopefully you can score a replacement on sale.

Ouch, that $uck$ man.. Been there too. Temp gun and all. Hopefully you can score a replacement on sale.
I think that I'm going to install the motor that came out of my Felony, put better fans on the motor and stick to 6s for now. I do have a 1/5 motor laying around (either 1100kv or 800kv motor) but that's kind of overkill. I would just have to buy the PPS insert for the bigger motor I think. It was fun while it lasted. All five minutes of it. The motor got so hot, one of the wires came unsoldered 🤦🤣😅.

These are the tires. I didn't even get to try them out in the air before the motor gave up the ghost :

20211124_092143.jpg
20211124_092312.jpg
20211124_092251.jpg
20211124_093141.jpg
20211124_093201.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back