Mojave Exb or RTR mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go exb with this cheap yet really good yet cheaper servo.

Screenshot_20210731-103247_Chrome.jpg

Those bigger tires are nice, but they rub on the body a bit, despite the HR hub extenders. I went ahead and ordered a set of EXB Mojave tires off ebay. I'm a bit concerned about how much those tires could affect the diffs too. I'll probably run the stock tires first, see how that goes, then maybe I'll try running those bigger tires to see if there's a difference. TBH I'm not even sure if these proline tires are heavier than stock. I think that they are not that much bigger either 🤔

Those bigger tires are nice, but they rub on the body a bit, despite the HR hub extenders. I went ahead and ordered a set of EXB Mojave tires off ebay. I'm a bit concerned about how much those tires could affect the diffs too. I'll probably run the stock tires first, see how that goes, then maybe I'll try running those bigger tires to see if there's a difference. TBH I'm not even sure if these proline tires are heavier than stock. I think that they are not that much bigger either 🤔
Looks like you bought yourself a nice rig 👍.

Nice Mojave. The last pick looks like you were so excited to get it going there were still packing peanuts in the body :ROFLMAO: Good luck with it. Looking forward to some video of you and your boy driving that.

Nice Mojave. The last pick looks like you were so excited to get it going there were still packing peanuts in the body :ROFLMAO: Good luck with it. Looking forward to some video of you and your boy driving that.
Hahaha. Yup. There's packing peanuts all over my SUV now. My son will drive it for sure. He's gotten so good that sometimes I just feel like filming his driving only. I might do a video like that 😜🤣. Thanks

Should I put a shim in front of this? Or just the side one should be fine on the ring gear? I needed to change the ring gear and output drive since they are damaged.

Should I put a shim in front of this? Or just the side one should be fine on the ring gear? I needed to change the ring gear and output drive since they are damaged.
Yikes. I always go by feel on diffs. I want the slightest lash between ring and pinion. If it’s tight anywhere around the ring, shim the opposite side. If it’s loose, shim the ring side. If it’s smooth all the way around, let it be.

Yikes. I always go by feel on diffs. I want the slightest lash between ring and pinion. If it’s tight anywhere around the ring, shim the opposite side. If it’s loose, shim the ring side. If it’s smooth all the way around, let it be.
Good advice. Thanks

All fixed up! This thing is like a mix between a monster truck and a truggie. Way more stable than both if you asked me on pavement. I like it! Ran it for only a few minutes at work at the parking lot. No jumps, but I still had lots of fun. I'm keeping it with the stock tires. The other tires that it came with are too big and they rub. I bought some M2C 17mm hub extenders for those and my Granite, so that is should work perfectly. I took pictures of the tires to compare
20210806_184651.jpg
20210806_184659.jpg
20210806_201642.jpg
20210806_201651.jpg

All fixed up! This thing is like a mix between a monster truck and a truggie. Way more stable than both if you asked me on pavement. I like it! Ran it for only a few minutes at work at the parking lot. No jumps, but I still had lots of fun. I'm keeping it with the stock tires. The other tires that it came with are too big and they rub. I bought some M2C 17mm hub extenders for those and my Granite, so that is should work perfectly. I took pictures of the tires to compare
View attachment 162307View attachment 162308View attachment 162309View attachment 162310

Put that 22t in and you will see some serious speed!

Last edited:
Yeah, HR and Integy bulkheads are sweet. Right now I run the stock ones with the M2C hingepin kit and that's pretty bullet proof.
I ordered the hinge pin blocks from HR. I'll see how that works works out. M2C said that you need their shock tower in order for their pin system/blocks to be used? I just can't justify that kind of $ yet. 🙁. I also see a front lower hinge pin retainer in their pictures but I don't see it on their website? Or does it come with the rear hinge pin blocks?.

I ordered the hinge pin blocks from HR. I'll see how that works works out. M2C said that you need their shock tower in order for their pin system/blocks to be used? I just can't justify that kind of $ yet. 🙁. I also see a front lower hinge pin retainer in their pictures but I don't see it on their website? Or does it come with the rear hinge pin blocks?.

Edit, this is a Mojave thread lol.

I still don't know why you need their shock towers, but you do to use the EXB rear bumper. If you don't have the rear EXB bumper, I don't think you need that 30 dollar D block or shock towers and can just run the regular hinge pin kit.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back