EXB Outdrive Inserts ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingNBreakin04

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
People with the Arrma EXBs, does this outdrive insert in the rear differential outdrives help keep the dogbones from popping out. Do you really see a difference with them?

Screenshot_20201119-130745_Chrome.jpg

I think they are well worth it. Cheap insurance. ?‍♂️ It will not hurt anything. But help.
I may even pick them up. They may fit the RTR outdrives fine too.
Thanks for the heads up. (y)

I think they are well worth it. Cheap insurance. ?‍♂️ It will not hurt anything. But help.
I may even pick them up. They may fit the RTR outdrives fine too.
Thanks for the heads up. (y)
Your welcome, i picked some up for my other 6s arrmas, haven't installed them yet. Just trying to get a consensus of what people with EXB vehicles think.

Are they available easily? Or on B/O like so much other EXB stuff? They look like molded soft sponge padding. Correct.?
Will definitely keep chatter noise down. I could see using these through the whole drivetrain at all the cups as needed.

Have a part##???

Yes. Great find. TY. Just placed my order for 3 sets of 8 of them on AMZ shipped "free" non -prime coming from Horizon Hobby.
Just what the Dr. ordered. Been looking for diff cup options like these.:)(y)

Seems gimmicky to me.. I've never lost a center or rear dog bone from popping out..?‍♂️... but It may keep some driveline vibration out..

I've got an EXB with these and prior to these being available I've always used o-rings in the cups to get rid of drive shaft slop. So while I can say I've never thrown a dogbone I can't say it's because of something like this since I've never driven without a bushing of some kind like normal.

I will say though that with these or the o-ring thing what I noticed is all my drive cups have developed a small worn notch where the dogbone pins are touching the cup, so maybe that's the drawback because the shaft doesn't move at all and stays in the same place.

I've got an EXB with these and prior to these being available I've always used o-rings in the cups to get rid of drive shaft slop. So while I can say I've never thrown a dogbone I can't say it's because of something like this since I've never driven without a bushing of some kind like normal.

I will say though that with these or the o-ring thing what I noticed is all my drive cups have developed a small worn notch where the dogbone pins are touching the cup, so maybe that's the drawback because the shaft doesn't move at all and stays in the same place.
I noticed notches forming in my Outcast drive cups and I'm not using either! ?‍♂️

Seems gimmicky to me.. I've never lost a center or rear dog bone from popping out..?‍♂️... but It may keep some driveline vibration out..
Yeah its not really designed to keep bones from popping if you ask me. ?‍♂️ That will happen with or without them. Its happened to me. But Proper droop would prevent them from popping out IMHO. Its to keep shaft oscillation to a minimum, and cushion dog bone end movement. I think it would reduce pin wear over the long run. Keep the cups and pins aligned better. Less slapping of the bone end within the outdrives. Less slop and chatter when going On and Off Thr.
My vintage older Associated 1/10 rigs used similar inserts on the outdrives.:cool:
This is not a new concept. Just new to Arrma.

Last edited:

IDK, can you call it a drawback? pins and cups always wear. And without inserts, the dog bone and pins always find their natural position under load and wear in that spot anyway from what that I've seen. Its 6 one half dozen of the other???
I've tried springs inside the outdrives as well. Never noticed specific wear to one spot. Springs work too, but aren't as durable. need replacing. But with springs the dog bones do float nicely. Center shaft bones as well.

My front shafts look just like the rear dog bone style steel shafts, when u say cvd do you mean with a universal joint in the middle of them, opposed to a 1 piece steel dog bone ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back