Extended Body Post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Hey all.

I just picked up a Proline basher body. Since the body is thicker (indestructible), I need longer posts. Not the bottom half, but the top half. (as pictured) Anyone got any ideas on what I can use? I grabbed it for my Outcast 6s EXB. Since I know I will utterly destroy the stock body. LOL Thx.

post.png

I was looking for the same option for my O8s. Didnt find much. Theres some options with Treal rc. don't care for treal products but its just body posts. 👍😎

If it's not too far off, you can heat a drill bit and work the hole bigger/higher. Otherwise 3D printing may be an option, though I'd worry about durability.

If it's not too far off, you can heat a drill bit and work the hole bigger/higher. Otherwise 3D printing may be an option, though I'd worry about durability.
If I had to estimate, I'm thinking its about 2-3mm short.

If I had to estimate, I'm thinking its about 2-3mm short.

I've already designed some posts with an "extended head"..

I've been waiting/Working on getting my printer calibrated-dialed in to print in tougher PETG filament.. so I've been a bit Slow to ship you the partS I've promised you. Wanted to do it all in one Go..

Any how, let me dig up draft and let you see if it'll fit your needs..

I've been waiting/Working on getting my printer calibrated-dialed in to print in tougher PETG filament.. so I've been a bit Slow to ship you the partS I've promised you. Wanted to do it all in one Go..

Any how, let me dig up draft and let you see if it'll fit your needs..
Thx, but you know what I'm gonna say. That you don't need to send them. LOL - but, I ty anyway. I appreciate you.

I used these to achieve the extra height needed for my body posts. I just cut those down to the length I needed it, and since they're hollow I glued it on top of the existing body posts. Worked flawlessly. I can take a picture if needed.

Screenshot_20231121_173621_eBay.jpg

Same here. PLA, PETG, ABS fail.

Nylon holds up okay, but nothing too extreme. It eventually separates at the narrow layers next to the holes. There’s just not enough room to make the part wider/stronger.

TPU is the only filament that lasts for hard bashing but it’s a little too wiggly.

I used these to achieve the extra height needed for my body posts. I just cut those down to the length I needed it, and since they're hollow I glued it on top of the existing body posts. Worked flawlessly. I can take a picture if needed.

View attachment 333130

I see what you are saying, but I need it more like this. The black ring where the circle shape is, is where the body sits now. What I need is, the body to fit further down the post. By the red circle shape. As @Tex Koder stated above, like an extended piece of the head. For me, its not the length of the post, but the positioning of the 'ring'. Or more specifically, that cross piece will be further down the post.

Untitled.png

Are you using a Proline body armour body? If so you can ditch the rotating pads and that will give you the 2-3mm you need.

Thx, but you know what I'm gonna say. That you don't need to send them. LOL - but, I ty anyway. I appreciate you.

haha..
And, you know what I'm going to say in return..
🍺😁

Original rough drafts..

1700622326003.png

1700622903288.png

1700622368333.png

1700623059956.png

Just let me know Exactly how many Holes you need in the main Body Post/Stem
and how many Holes you may want in the head Above the cross arms..

I'll get it finalized and into production for you.

Are you using a Proline body armour body? If so you can ditch the rotating pads and that will give you the 2-3mm you need.
While that does solve the issue, kinda of. The next issue I have is that the holes for the pins, do not line up. Meaning I would have to modify the body more. I really don't want to cut this thing up more.

haha..
And, you know what I'm going to say in return..
🍺😁

Original rough drafts..

View attachment 333154

View attachment 333158

View attachment 333155

View attachment 333159

Just let me know Exactly how many Holes you need in the main Body Post/Stem
and how many Holes you may want in the head Above the cross arms..

I'll get it finalized and into production for you.

Tex,

The measurement from the top of the cross piece to the top of the post, should measure out to about 22mm. (a little more won't hurt...lol) The extra length would be wiggle room. Hole wise, 2 should be more than enough. (above the cross)

I don't know if you can see the problem, but look at the pics. Hopefully, it'll help.

View attachment 333220

View attachment 333221

View attachment 333222

View attachment 333223

So it looks like the way stock mounting holes are currently will force the metal clips to dig into the raised portion of the hood..

Do you want to realign the holes to be facing Front to Rear so it won't do that?

Or I can have a set of the facing the traditional way and another set (that's up higher) turned the other way.. on the same post.

Let me know what you think about that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back