senton body and bumper suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMann40

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 6s
I have looked at a few older posts about Senton 3's body alternatives, and I recently purchased the Proline Silverado Trailboss body. I have prepped, painted, and drilled the holes for the body mounts, and I am in the middle of putting decals as well as body skid parts on. The stock front and rear bumper don't seem to fit right, so I am asking if there is an alternative to a bumper to fit.
20231109_083127.jpg
20231109_145604.jpg
20231118_111257.jpg
20231118_111240.jpg
20231118_111249.jpg
20231118_111257.jpg
20231118_111328.jpg

The body sits kind of high and I am adjusting that, the tires don't match and I am working on that as well. The stock bumper doesn't look right, and I need suggestions. Also, this was my first body painting experience so it's not as good as I saw in my mind, so go easy on me in the constructive criticism.😉👍🏼 Pictures are from start to 3/4 done.

I have looked at a few older posts about Senton 3's body alternatives, and I recently purchased the Proline Silverado Trailboss body. I have prepped, painted, and drilled the holes for the body mounts, and I am in the middle of putting decals as well as body skid parts on. The stock front and rear bumper don't seem to fit right, so I am asking if there is an alternative to a bumper to fit.View attachment 332487View attachment 332489View attachment 332490View attachment 332491View attachment 332492View attachment 332493View attachment 332494

The body sits kind of high and I am adjusting that, the tires don't match and I am working on that as well. The stock bumper doesn't look right, and I need suggestions. Also, this was my first body painting experience so it's not as good as I saw in my mind, so go easy on me in the constructive criticism.😉👍🏼 Pictures are from start to 3/4 done.

Overall looks good for your first paint job. 👍

I suggest you upgrade to the Kraton 4S V2 chassis, it's longer - XLWB (verse Senton's LWB)
Which will bring the tires in line with that body perfectly.

Also look at the New Mojave 4S Front and Rear bumpers they should compliment the Chevy body much better.

You can find most of these parts on JennysRC.com for cheap. 👊

I suggest you upgrade to the Kraton 4S V2 chassis, it's longer - XLWB (verse Senton's LWB)

Also look at the New Mojave 4S Front and Rear bumpers they should compliment the Chevy body much better.

I haven't dealt with JennysRC so I will look into that. Thanks for the feedback on the first paint job. I wanted to have silver fades or flakes under a blue paint job. It didn't quite work out, and I started to use brake clean and a microfiber cloth to start taking the paint off and restart, but I stopped short of taking it all off as I liked having the rubbed, or rough look in the paint job. The rugged orange-red stripes are from tearing blue masking tape. Thanks for the suggestions, it really helps.

I just bought the Kraton v2 chassis as you suggested, do I have to add anything else to accommodate the long body?

I just bought the Kraton v2 chassis as you suggested, do I have to add anything else to accommodate the long body?

Not really.
Everything should just swap over to the longer chassis.

You might want to stretch the center driveshaft Spring a bit -to keep the shafts taut in-between the front and rear.

Not really.
Everything should just swap over to the longer chassis.

You might want to stretch the center driveshaft Spring a bit -to keep the shafts taut in-between the front and rear.
I bent a drive shaft so I ordered a replacement and it came with a extra part of the shaft that makes it longer than the Senton calls for so it may work for that chassis.

Thanks man. I had to get creative with making body mounts to raise it up high enough as. That's one of the biggest issues with those Proline bodies.
Tell me about it, I was struggling to figure it out, till I compared the Proline body with the Senton body and I had to make some trimmings too. I am in the process of switching over from the Senton chassis and parts to the Kraton chassis as its a bit longer. This is so the stance of the tires will better match the look of the body.

I have looked at a few older posts about Senton 3's body alternatives, and I recently purchased the Proline Silverado Trailboss body. I have prepped, painted, and drilled the holes for the body mounts, and I am in the middle of putting decals as well as body skid parts on. The stock front and rear bumper don't seem to fit right, so I am asking if there is an alternative to a bumper to fit.View attachment 332487View attachment 332489View attachment 332490View attachment 332491View attachment 332492View attachment 332493View attachment 332494

I put granite bodys on both my sentons, helps keep the rocks and crap out, even with a net the senton body filled my chassis, all it takes is granite mounting posts and a little trim of the rear of the body, I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place but here it goes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back