Kraton Extendo Kraton 4s v2. With a 6s center diff and a Fireteam body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah carbon wouldn't be easy by any means. It would be limited to exactly what I could do with it, there are tons of angles on this thing but that's partly why I don't want to put panels is because its so aggressive looking in its naked form. I am thinking the straight piece thats on the side towards the bottom. and then maybe some on the roof. Not really sure I need to spend some time seeing want could be done.

I also have thought of adding some white,red, and maybe another color vinyl pieces just randomly wrapped around the bars in certain areas

What color vinyls are you thinking about?
If I have it on hand.. I'll just add some to your 3D parts shipment.

Here's some thought..
Regarding possible material for making custom panels.. Since it's just the prototyping stage..

I would grab some of those yummy glazed donuts (from Sam's, Costco, where ever) in those Large Clear plastic packaging..
View attachment 248274
Once you've enjoyed the pastries, just clean up the container(s) and cut them up to form any necessary panels.

Super Cheap!
And, you're helping the environment by repurposing the plastics!!
Double Bonus 🍺🍺
Lolol I love it, more simple solutions to big problems!!
White and red are my initial thoughts. I think I have white already at home. Don't have red though I know that so if you got it then by all means throw it in!!

Point Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney
(y)

Lolol I love it, more simple solutions to big problems!!

Ultimately.. once you have those panels cut to your liking..
You can tell me those panels' dimensions and I can custom create the final pieces/parts -with more intricate details, ribbings, vents or whatever... to really flesh out the look.
Especially for the roof... design in visors for the front edge or rear winglets/spoilers (which I've kind of started with my WildFire cage..)
or roof skids, lightbar holders, etc etc..

White and red are my initial thoughts. I think I have white already at home. Don't have red though I know that so if you got it then by all means throw it in!!

Done.

You can tell me those panels' dimensions and I can custom create the final pieces/parts -with more intricate details, ribbings, vents or whatever... to really flesh out the look.
Especially for the roof... design in visors for the front edge or rear winglets/spoilers (which I've kind of started with my WildFire cage..)

Done.
You love designing stuff and you are damn good at it too! I'll see what I end up doing. I might start with the carbon route first and see what I end up with

No modifications needed because of how long I made the chassis. Yours sounds like it won't be as long so you might need to use 2 of the smaller ones. Wheelbase is on the arrma website
When you say smaller ones do you mean use 2 of the original BR ? And how did you put yours together? Did you have to rearrange the input and out put sides?only asking because I have not yet bought any so I can't really figure it out.if you have any spares around and could show me pics on how you put them together as one I'd appreciate it..my chassis should be in next week by Tuesday and the body cover still waiting on it.untill then I'm stuck.also I think it's best I use a second high speed bearing so Ill have to order one more.figure it will support the shaft better .to make it equal.like what you did

When you say smaller ones do you mean use 2 of the original BR ? And how did you put yours together? Did you have to rearrange the input and out put sides?only asking because I have not yet bought any so I can't really figure it out.if you have any spares around and could show me pics on how you put them together as one I'd appreciate it..my chassis should be in next week by Tuesday and the body cover still waiting on it.untill then I'm stuck.also I think it's best I use a second high speed bearing so Ill have to order one more.figure it will support the shaft better .to make it equal.like what you did
Exactly, you will probably use 2 ofthe SWB ones like I did on my first build. and Yeah you need 2 of the high speed bearings without a doubt. They hold the shaft really nice (hehe). But you use one of the red spline inserts to connect the 2 shafts. It's the red piece that normally connects the shaft to the slipper

Exactly, you will probably use 2 ofthe SWB ones like I did on my first build. and Yeah you need 2 of the high speed bearings without a doubt. They hold the shaft really nice (hehe). But you use one of the red spline inserts to connect the 2 shafts. It's the red piece that normally connects the shaft to the slipper
Ah yes I recall you mentioning that earlier here.my high speed bearing is being held by the screw in mount.i don't think it's molded in .I'm at work and can't check.hopefully it's not molded to the chassis.id like to try to put one bearing to each side .I'll order that bearing now.

Done.
Did you start to make panels yet? And where can I find sheets of carbon fiber?

Ah yes I recall you mentioning that earlier here.my high speed bearing is being held by the screw in mount.i don't think it's molded in .I'm at work and can't check.hopefully it's not molded to the chassis.id like to try to put one bearing to each side .I'll order that bearing now.

cncarbonfiber 3mm 300x400mm 100% Carbon Fiber Sheet Laminate Plate Panel Board 3K Twill Matte Finish https://a.co/d/cbruKqV

I usually don't start any design(s) until I have some good specs, ie. measurements and references -of where the "item/part" will be going..

My big rock chassis should be tomorrow.im siked😁👍
My big rock chassis should be tomorrow.im siked😁👍
Then waiting more for the rest of the things I need to start my extension.cover should be in next Thursday.that blows.

Got to take it out for the first time today! She rips!! These tires are good for sliding about but I am throwing some backflip LP on that I have already and then I know it'll be grippin good. But it runs nice and straight and slides so good because of the length. I'll probably have a more off-road video later today towards the evening. And yes I kinda hit a fallen branch at the end of the one video lol. Not too hard though

Got to take it out for the first time today! She rips!! These tires are good for sliding about but I am throwing some backflip LP on that I have already and then I know it'll be grippin good. But it runs nice and straight and slides so good because of the length. I'll probably have a more off-road video later today towards the evening. And yes I kinda hit a fallen branch at the end of the one video lol. Not too hard though

I love it.thats awesome work .well done.thats a beast .you beat us all in your extended build.im so far behind due to waiting for parts lol but I got plenty of time since winter bis near .no way I'll finish in time.but I'll try to do a vid when it's done .at least pics.

Sweet! Now we're talking!

Or, slap some Fireteam wheels on it...

So any issues with the Double-Back-to-Back Center Driveshafts?
Are those bearings held nice & firm by those stock holders? Or are they kind of wobbly?
If you need some tighter fitting bearing holders, let me know.
I'm working on some enhanced bearing supports (that's based off of @Camaroboy383 's original design. A Big Thank You to him!)

Any how, That's just fantastic! Great Job!
Can't wait to see how you end up with those custom panels and color scheme.

Your 2nd Fully Functional Custom eXtendo Chassis.
You are on a Ro!! 👍

Sweet! Now we're talking!

Or, slap some Fireteam wheels on it...

So any issues with the Double-Back-to-Back Center Driveshafts?
Are those bearings held nice & firm by those stock holders? Or are they kind of wobbly?
If you need some tighter fitting bearing holders, let me know.
I'm working on some enhanced bearing supports (that's based off of @Camaroboy383 's original design. A Big Thank You to him!)

Any how, That's just fantastic! Great Job!
Can't wait to see how you end up with those custom panels and color scheme.

Your 2nd Fully Functional Custom eXtendo Chassis.
You are on a Ro!! 👍
Well the new k4s chassis has bearings supports molded in and they are terrible. The old style that screws into the chassis is much much better and that's what I'm running, 2 of them. The shafts are held nice and tight, I can almost pick up the truck by the center shaft before they pop out of the supports.

But thank you very much 🙌 I'm hyped for get it in a more final form whatever that means lol. Can't wait for V2 parts to come

Well the new k4s chassis has bearings supports molded in and they are terrible. The old style that screws into the chassis is much much better and that's what I'm running, 2 of them. The shafts are held nice and tight, I can almost pick up the truck by the center shaft before they pop out of the supports.

But thank you very much 🙌 I'm hyped for get it in a more final form whatever that means lol. Can't wait for V2 parts to come

I agree, I ground my "bearing support" on my plastic kraton chassis flat. and replaced it with a typhon style one.

I agree, I ground my "bearing support" on my plastic kraton chassis flat. and replaced it with a typhon style one.
Yeah that's one part of the build I'm not going to look forward to .I have 3 things to deal with..that center shaft the chassis and then the body.all should be in by middle of next week.the big rock body should have been here today but slow ass mail man didn't show up.i have a lot of thinking going into my build.lol just figuring out where to cut my body and then cut the chassis on both the original and the xtra one I bought which is another box v3 BRcc and I bought another center shaft with the high speed bearing.if I'm silent for a while it's because my brain is trying to calculate all this crap lol.oh boy thank God for xtra strength Tylenol 600 milligram s 😆😆😆👍🤟
Yeah that's one part of the build I'm not going to look forward to .I have 3 things to deal with..that center shaft the chassis and then the body.all should be in by middle of next week.the big rock body should have been here today but slow ass mail man didn't show up.i have a lot of thinking going into my build.lol just figuring out where to cut my body and then cut the chassis on both the original and the xtra one I bought which is another box v3 BRcc and I bought another center shaft with the high speed bearing.if I'm silent for a while it's because my brain is trying to calculate all this crap lol.oh boy thank God for xtra strength Tylenol 600 milligram s 😆😆😆👍🤟
I'm going to start a build thread so I don't talk about mine on yours which isn't right.this is your build thread not mine .I apologize.my badd

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back