Fast eddy bearings are bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve purchased from Fast Eddy before, but was not impressed with their bearings. They do not last very long and I’m not one to run my trucks in the mud or do jumps which enable me to touch God’s ass.

I made the switch to Avid and never looked back.
I don't know know if I got that high, but when I landed, my stock Kraton v4 chassis released the ghost. I had to order an M2c chassis ?
I ordered some fast eddy - planning to strip them of factory oil and pack them with thick grease before installing. With the rubber seals that should keep the dirt out for awhile.
I'm going to be honest here. I just install my my bearings. Maybe that's why they are don't last long for me. Squeak squeak.

I’ve ordered Boca ceramic bearings for my OS 18TZ in early 2000-something and I was impressed. Pricey, but well worth it IMO.

Given the nature of our trucks, I would never install ceramic bearings, nor bearings which have a metal seal. True, rubber seals cause more friction, but they also hug the inner/outer race much better when compared to the metal units. Unless someone is strictly doing speed runs/drag racing, I’d stick to regular ABEC-5 or ABEC-3 rubber sealed bearings.

Last edited:
ceramic bearings for me from now on i plan to stick with acer racing bearings free shipping internationally and good price so far i found little to no dirt inside my front motor bearing alsway using bearing oil on them also now on all my bearings tired to see grease turn black like the black grease you buy at the store

I just received my FE. Took a bearing seal off to check and yep there’s fck all grease in there. I’m just gonna pack them with HD marine grease I have on hand before I install them.

I was going to decrease and strip them but cbf just pack with new grease on top of the minimal existing.

I just received my FE. Took a bearing seal off to check and yep there’s fck all grease in there. I’m just gonna pack them with HD marine grease I have on hand before I install them.

I was going to decrease and strip them but cbf just pack with new grease on top of the minimal existing.
I pack all my new bearings. None come with much more than a dab of grease in them.
he doesn’t manufacture anything. He just puts cheap bearings into a kit packages them and sells them.

He doesn’t manufacture anything. He just puts cheap bearings into a kit packages them and sells them.

Yup, much of the value is in the pick, pack, and ship.

It's nice to not have to tally up a size and quantity list, buy 10 of each size of bearing, add numerous different items to your cart, and wait for shipping from overseas.

The bearings themselves, well, I don't have any personal experience, but it sounds like they are basic / low grade rubber sealed bearings. Still arguably an upgrade from stock, but nothing too special.

Yah i think they’re good enough for the duty as long as you pack them with grease first and don’t submerge your cars in water

I initially started packing a shopping cart with industrial bearings for the RC .... I stopped when the $ went into the hundreds and realise I was being an idiot ><

You know what fk fast eddy
image.jpg

Im trigerred
6784AA13-2940-4DB7-B62B-BF9167D2A412.jpeg

This was a brand new bearing
Full of dirt might have compromise my diff because of it
Its everywhere

It seems like the shim started shreading the rubber seal from the inside and the crown gear started spining unside the bearing so the crown gear is unfortunatly death even if both gears look okay i auess im going to run dual sealed bearings the shim is the cause of the failure
I cuted the shim
image.jpg

Im completly mad one side of the sun gear is completly new one side is worn so most likely before this happened the diff was perfectly healty

Last edited:
That sucks! Could be just a bad bearing...? Who knows for sure. Which company have you finally decided to go with now?

That sucks! Could be just a bad bearing...? Who knows for sure. Which company have you finally decided to go with now?
The prices are too big bearing started spinning freely after a drop of oil the rubber pertially seized the bearings and just friction between the crown gear and inner race
I know my hobbyshop has non branded bearings but idk really the quality of them avid i have to pay double the price because of shipping i think the bearing is not really to blame but the shim who started cutting the rubber seal but i don't undestand why it was doing thisshoukd i just get shorter shims?

The prices are too big bearing started spinning freely after a drop of oil the rubber pertially seized the bearings and just friction between the crown gear and inner race
I know my hobbyshop has non branded bearings but idk really the quality of them avid i have to pay double the price because of shipping i think the bearing is not really to blame but the shim who started cutting the rubber seal but i don't undestand why it was doing thisshoukd i just get shorter shims?

I believe that the steel shim dug in somewhere. Because of this, I would strongly recommended only using fiber shims with plastic diff gears as they are more forgiving. The use of steel shims should only be used with steel diff gears. I’ll have to research the part number for the fiber shims but I’m sure they exist.

I believe that the steel shim dug in somewhere. Because of this, I would strongly recommended only using fiber shims with plastic diff gears as they are more forgiving. The use of steel shims should only be used with steel diff gears. I’ll have to research the part number for the fiber shims but I’m sure they exist.
Or i can just find ipshims the size of the inner race of the bearing or cut them down like i did to one
The protek bearings still spin freely and the bearings of my hobbystore are like brand new nothing inside of them and the seals are thick

And you have me here one year later with two of these who spin smooth like butter and fast and i have the fast eddy getting full of dirt and crap i oiled them with oil i think since day one could this be the reason?
rubber shielded bearings need grease. Not oil. Thats your issue. The oil will spin faster but also seaps past the seal and need constant maintenance. will also for sure seap with to much oil.

rubber shielded bearings need grease. Not oil. Thats your issue. The oil will spin faster but also seaps past the seal and need constant maintenance. will also for sure seap with to much oil.
Understood that but still the fact the shim destroyed the rubber seal and trw it everywhere
I want to trow the sponge its not fun to stress while im running about my rear diff now the front too has worn down a bit after i regreased it and teeths completly dry the front diff is quite old
DC876A4E-E740-41E6-81CD-139470C4BADD.jpeg

Im hesitating to email my hobbyshop to get me a new diff and bearings im going to use their no brand bearings they seem to have a nice thick seal

Last edited:
Understood that but still the fact the shim destroyed the rubber seal and trw it everywhere
I want to trow the sponge its not fun to stress while im running about my rear diff now the front too has worn down a bit after i regreased it and teeths completly dry the front diff is quite old
View attachment 79098
Im hesitating to email my hobbyshop to get me a new diff and bearings im going to use their no brand bearings they seem to have a nice thick seal
Your not the only with shredded seals in that area. I would just keep the metal shield bearings in there and forget about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back