Fast eddy bearings are bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your not the only with shredded seals in that area. I would just keep the metal shield bearings in there and forget about it.
I have old protek dual sealed bearings one side is metal one side rubber going to ask my hobbyshop if thay have those or something who is less large than 15.5mm like 14mm to be almost the same size as the inner race of the bearing

I had bought a FE Infraction bearing kit in September of last year which has been sitting on my workbench since. Because of my curious nature, I took the time to open up the package today to examine bearings as I’m in the process of assembling all-new diffs from scratch.

I removed all the seals off the large diff bearings as this thread has been weighing on my mind. 3 of 4 bearings were bone dry. THEY WERE DRY! I have invested mucho dollars (and my time) in Mugen gears/outdrives and aluminum diff cups. To think that all this could have gone to sh!t because of dry bearings is frustrating.

No doubt that FE orders these bearings from overseas. As we all know, China does not take Quality Assurance seriously. We, the customer, just pay for the fancy colorful package. To think that this company sells people this garbage is an insult to our intelligence. The fact that Fast Eddie hasn’t posted a reply in this thread speaks volumes as well.

Arrmanians: Stay away from this company.

I had bought a FE Infraction bearing kit in September of last year which has been sitting on my workbench since. Because of my curious nature, I took the time to open up the package today to examine bearings as I’m in the process of assembling all-new diffs from scratch.

I removed all the seals off the large diff bearings as this thread has been weighing on my mind. 3 of 4 bearings were bone dry. THEY WERE DRY! I have invested mucho dollars (and my time) in Mugen gears/outdrives and aluminum diff cups. To think that all this could have gone to sh!t because of dry bearings is frustrating.

No doubt that FE orders these bearings from overseas. As we all know, China does not take Quality Assurance seriously. We, the customer, just pay for the fancy colorful package. To think that this company sells people this garbage is an insult to our intelligence. The fact that Fast Eddie hasn’t posted a reply in this thread speaks volumes as well.

Arrmanians: Stay away from this company.
Yeah i tried avidrc jims bearings all of the shipping cost are arround 12usd
So im goin to try the no brand ones from my hobbushop

I think im going to go with protek double sealed bearings even if their rubber seal sucks
I have nothing else my hobbyshop no brand bearing i tried degreasing it today and their seal just bleed their color out and the grease idk what crap it was but was bad i once used their bearings for my motor and the grease became crystals im going to check their other bearings maybe of a brand or something im in a pretty bad spot i only have fast eddy or protek to choose from was cleaning them today and i had to trow 5-6 fast eddy bearings to the trash because metal particles were coming out on my paper like if it was glitter ?. Avid shipping is the price of my cart. Going to look at jim bearings i need to get some sleep its almost 6am

Last edited:
No offence but 20us for piece I have two sets of chinese for this
I use ceramic from china and they last 4 times longer then fasteddie china etc
But price wise is 10 times more I run in the mud wet salty water
I buy 5sets of cheap china abec 5 and they are good
Yeah totally not worth what I paid for them not to mention that the stupid motor module on the 3s killed them in a short period of time. I've switched to TRBRC hybrid ceramic motor bearings depending on the size they cost between $8 and $12.

I ordered some fast eddy - planning to strip them of factory oil and pack them with thick grease before installing. With the rubber seals that should keep the dirt out for awhile.
Use your own grease. (y)Just clean well of any old lube. And be careful to not over grease them. The seals will blow out. Usually one side. Then the BB is open to debris and you may not know till the BB is bricked, wondering why. TRBRC owner told me 25-30% fill, no more than that needed. Many brands are all the same. Its the lube they use IMO. and quality control. I use TRBRC and Avid. But I have received new out of package bad bearings here and there no matter the brand. TRBRC always obliges if one is bad.. He Understands BB's can be bad here and there.
I think im going to go with protek double sealed bearings even if their rubber seal sucks
I have nothing else my hobbyshop no brand bearing i tried degreasing it today and their seal just bleed their color out and the grease idk what crap it was but was bad i once used their bearings for my motor and the grease became crystals im going to check their other bearings maybe of a brand or something im in a pretty bad spot i only have fast eddy or protek to choose from was cleaning them today and i had to trow 5-6 fast eddy bearings to the trash because metal particles were coming out on my paper like if it was glitter ?. Avid shipping is the price of my cart. Going to look at jim bearings i need to get some sleep its almost 6am
Some BB's just come with stinky animal fat for a grease. Quality grease is rarely found in BB's these days. DSM Off Road supposedly uses a marine Grease. I use them in Crawlers. But have bricked a few running in streams and snow storms. Now I use my own Marine grease. Lucas.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back