Favorite shootin' irons....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that’s possible. Looks like the 9mm version was discontinued there. Wonder if there was a fitment issue?
I doubt it, most likely just not enough interest.
There are others that make similar pieces.

I'm a member of the NRA but I don't tow the line on everything. The thought of someone who has never fired a firearm before carrying a handgun terrifies me. That's an accident waiting to happen. You would think most rational people would take a few lessons or at least hit the range, but we all know the world is full of idiots. CT requires a 2 part course (online and then classroom) with a shooting test at the end. I have no problem with this. I also wouldn't be opposed to a field test that if passed would exempt you from taking the classes. But I'm not comfortable with some 21 year old who thinks he's John Wick walking around with a handgun he doesn't know how to shoot.

One final word from me on open carry. I don't get it. To me, if you are armed you shouldn't want anyone to know.

I'm a member of the NRA but I don't tow the line on everything. The thought of someone who has never fired a firearm before carrying a handgun terrifies me. That's an accident waiting to happen. You would think most rational people would take a few lessons or at least hit the range, but we all know the world is full of idiots. CT requires a 2 part course (online and then classroom) with a shooting test at the end. I have no problem with this. I also wouldn't be opposed to a field test that if passed would exempt you from taking the classes. But I'm not comfortable with some 21 year old who thinks he's John Wick walking around with a handgun he doesn't know how to shoot.

One final word from me on open carry. I don't get it. To me, if you are armed you shouldn't want anyone to know.
Just for the record, I have taken a few pistols classes at the gun shop/range near me. My GF and I took them a few years ago and they were really informative. I just think a few hours in a class and range doesn’t make up for a lifetime of hands on that most guys here get. I wish my parents had owned and taught me. I had to figure most of it out on my own, what little I do know.

As far as open carry, it’s strange seeing people do it. I like the balls it takes, but I assume that comes at the cost of brain cells ?

I am in agreement that any person without experience should not be carrying.
To suggest that they receive training before carrying is to my way of thinking a given, yet as we well know common sense in not common.
Contrary to what the media buffoons will scream and preach the streets do not run with blood from an armed citizenry, quite the opposite.
Yes I will be the first to admit that some idiots are armed legally and do make rather stupid decisions, yet the overwhelming majority do not.
An armed society is a polite society in my mind.
I do not mind testing to achieve a license or to keep it but the key here is education.
We as a society need to stop the fear mongering that all armed persons are bad and make a path that is obtainable by everyone that would like to start with the basic gun handling practices and rules.
If we as parents, aunts, uncles or friends teach safety and common sense to those who wish to learn instead of turning away that would help immensely.
Firearm discussions are treated like gay discussions were 20 years ago, as taboo instead of reality.
Myself, my wife and our two kids are all lifetime members of the NRA as well, we all hunt as a family, shoot, clean and run reloading presses as a family and at the end of the day share a bond of competition and safety we can back up anytime anyday.
We have started several of the kids friends on a safe path to firearm ownership and hope they will do the same.
Having 35 years of training in all sorts of firearm discipline from basic safety rules to hot houses and barricaded hostage take down I can only hope I never have to use any of the skills I have.
Just for the record, I have taken a few pistols classes at the gun shop/range near me. My GF and I took them a few years ago and they were really informative. I just think a few hours in a class and range doesn’t make up for a lifetime of hands on that most guys here get. I wish my parents had owned and taught me. I had to figure most of it out on my own, what little I do know.

As far as open carry, it’s strange seeing people do it. I like the balls it takes, but I assume that comes at the cost of brain cells ?

Depending on my mood and location I have and do open carry at times.
I would rather conceal but hey poop happens.
Open carry is dangerous on many levels for the unsuspecting people who are not prepared but just another tool in our bag for some.
I do NOT agree btw with throwing a rifle over your shoulder and walking main street but once again we fall back to common sense.

Please if anyone has input please feel free to add it.
The only thing I ask is remain respectful and if something is said you disagree with let's not attack each other or call names.
This thread was started to have fun with and ignite a positive reaction not discord or fights.
So please give thoughts and let's discuss them like adults.
??

Last edited:
Totally agree glock. All comes down to common sense n some knowledge. Guns don’t kill the dumbass behind the trigger does
Opening muzzle loader in morning. Nice brisk 20 deg Carolina morning. Yahoo! ??

Thank you sir,
Few of us even understand that and even fewer stand up for it.
Those determined to harm others will always find a way.
Epstein-didnt-kill-himself-16.jpg

How do you live with yourselves?
These pictures are frightening.

I shot a 400gr death missile cambered in .454 casull once.
The sound alone made me piss my pants and curl up in the fetal position while I sobbed uncontrollably for 15 minutes.

I love my S&W 500 and my .475 Linebaugh, you really should jump in with us and make big holes in well anything..

Ouch

How do you live with yourselves?
These pictures are frightening.

I shot a 400gr death missile cambered in .454 casull once.
The sound alone made me piss my pants and curl up in the fetal position while I sobbed uncontrollably for 15 minutes.
So, how many lead projectile launchers do you Not own? I would figure you'd cry longer than 15 minutes. When our President got elected, many cried, and still do. Life is good!

So, how many lead projectile launchers do you Not own? I would figure you'd cry longer than 15 minutes. When our President got elected, many cried, and still do. Life is good!
I was being facetious Capt.
Though about doing my best full woke impersonation but settled for soy/man baby instead LoL

5 does that get pass till December
Six more on my dads end.

Attachments

• 44FD41B4-13B0-400D-AC4A-BC2E86BDF172.jpeg
    44FD41B4-13B0-400D-AC4A-BC2E86BDF172.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 3C9D4014-AB50-43BA-9ECD-C31994220CA5.jpeg
    3C9D4014-AB50-43BA-9ECD-C31994220CA5.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I grew up with guns. By the time I was four I was extremely proficient with my short barrel 410 and my semi-auto 25 caliber pistol. I got better and better at everything guns, hunting, target shooting, drilling. But as an adult I don't own any guns. And I probably never will.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back