Granite Feeling Hot hot hot 🔥🔥🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Typhon 3s
So I through together a brushed Granite (for my 4 year old daughter) using a 21turn 550 motor.
IMG_20220914_192456.jpg

I was missing a piece from the 91tooth mega slipper so I had to use the blx 57 tooth slipper. I geared the pinion down to 12tooth hoping that was low enough to keep it from running hot.

Well, tested it out for just a couple minutes and I could smell it. 🔥Pulled out the thermal camera and....300 plus deg. 😳
FLIR_20220916_035151_088.jpg

Discovered the internal cooling fan was broken.
Ordered another brushed motor but this time a 29 turn. Hopefully it will have enough torque to stay cool.

Last edited:
Last edited:
After two years of this and 16 cars, I gotta say brushless really is as good as it’s cracked out to be. Aim for a 2S brushless system and she’ll love it. For a 4 year old, maybe aim for 20-25mph which won’t be hard.

After two years of this and 16 cars, I gotta say brushless really is as good as it’s cracked out to be. Aim for a 2S brushless system and she’ll love it. For a 4 year old, maybe aim for 20-25mph which won’t be hard.
That's exactly what I do for my 4 year old son. 2s with a 13t pinion.

That's exactly what I do for my 4 year old son. 2s with a 13t pinion.
You guys are way braver than me. Even when my son started with a stock brushed Granite he manage to hit my feet from behind sending me on my arse. He was way more focused than my daughter.

My daughter 95% of the time will hold the trigger then walk away in the opposite direction. With the 29t motor it still has enough power to climb curbs.

It's funny, My son loves driving rc's but doesn't have that much interest in working on them. My daughter loves when I let her help me work on them but doesn't have that much interest in driving them. Maybe they will be a future racer and pit chief?🏎️🏁🏁

You guys are way braver than me. Even when my son started with a stock brushed Granite he manage to hit my feet from behind sending me on my arse. He was way more focused than my daughter.

My daughter 95% of the time will hold the trigger then walk away in the opposite direction. With the 29t motor it still has enough power to climb curbs.

It's funny, My son loves driving rc's but doesn't have that much interest in working on them. My daughter loves when I let her help me work on them but doesn't have that much interest in driving them. Maybe they will be a future racer and pit chief?🏎️🏁🏁
What matters is that your being a great father and involving them into the hobby.and spending time with them both.they will allways reamember the times they have with you 🤟😁👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back