Firma 150a powers on with no beeps or throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isnips1985

Reaction score
Evening all,

was running my stretch typhon yesterday running the firma 150 and it over heated and cut out after 2 minutes. My fault for putting too bigger wheels on and running in long grass. Anyway, went to run it again today and when I turn it on it no longer give the welcome chime or cell count. Fans come on and steering works but no throttle, no beeps, no lights. Just fans and steering. Any thoughts? I’ve got a programming card (not to hand unfortunately) so was going to try reinstalling the firmware but just interested to see if anyone else has had or seen this?

Check motor wires and connectors. It’s generally a motor issue. Did the motor get hot?

Just to update. Tried the motor with a different ESC with no problems. But still no lights or sounds from the Firma 😞

It did, but would you not expect the powers on jingle even when not plugged in to a motor?

Just to update. Tried the motor with a different ESC with no problems. But still no lights or sounds from the Firma 😞
The motor actually makes the noises, not the ESC. But the ESC powers the motor and sends the signals. My guess is the ESC wires going to the motor have issues. Either that or the whole ESC is cooked. Check every wire and connector. Make sure the ESC is plugged into CH2 of your receiver and the polarity is correct.

The motor actually makes the noises, not the ESC. But the ESC powers the motor and sends the signals. My guess is the ESC wires going to the motor have issues. Either that or the whole ESC is cooked. Check every wire and connector. Make sure the ESC is plugged into CH2 of your receiver and the polarity is correct.
Just thought i'd post an update. THe ESC was compleetely fried. Wasn't detected at all plugging in to the computer and when i took the cover off there was a fair bit of meltyness going on :ROFLMAO:. Completely my fault as i went from Hoons to Katars and was still running the 27t pinion i had on for speed running.

Lesson learned (y)

Just thought i'd post an update. THe ESC was compleetely fried. Wasn't detected at all plugging in to the computer and when i took the cover off there was a fair bit of meltyness going on :ROFLMAO:. Completely my fault as i went from Hoons to Katars and was still running the 27t pinion i had on for speed running.

Lesson learned (y)
I just cooked a Firma 150a the exact same way like an hour ago lol. I paired it with a 4074 - 2650kv hobbystar motor and a 15T pinion in my Granite 4x4. 4S was ripping great and then it just stopped after about 5mins. Powers on, fans work, servo works, no motor beeps or esc initializing. Motor works with a different esc. Last time I use a firma 150a!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back