Talion firma esc crap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 6 month old Noto ESC torched my whole rig while bashing. Body and all melted. Basically a loss. I sent a video of the fire as it burned to HH. HH repaired the whole thing, paid shipping both ways, Returned inside of 3 weeks. They would have replaced the whole rig, but my Noto. was just released at the time and none were available. Cost them more to rebuild it for sure. You are lucky it was only the ESC. RTR ESC's just suck because of this common risk.
You are not alone.

Last edited:
well my firma esc has gone up in smoke lucky though nothing else damaged only 3 months old :(
I have the fire-prone Firma 150A ESC in my Kraton 6s, and that is one of the reasons I'm removing the Spektrum system all together and replacing it with a Castle sensored system.

16t pinion. the negative wire come out of the esc and must have shorted. no warranty as I cut the esc wires and put a single xt90 on. just ordered a quicrun 150a esc have two of these already and seem pretty good
My 6 month old Noto ESC torched my whole rig while bashing. Body and all melted. Basically a loss. I sent a video of the fire as it burned to HH. HH repaired the whole thing, paid shipping both ways, Returned inside of 3 weeks. They would have replaced the whole rig, but my Noto. was just released at the time and none were available. Cost them more to rebuild it for sure. You are lucky it was only the ESC. RTR ESC's just suck because of this common risk.
You are not alone.
yes glad everything else ok have had 3 blx 185 escs do this as well and a castle esc over the years. must admit I was really pushing the talion tonight had two really good runs

Last edited:
well my firma esc has gone up in smoke lucky though nothing else damaged only 3 months old :(
I’m on my 4th esc in my Talion EXB with about 110 4000mah 6s packs ran through the car. My first one went bad with less then 10 runs on it. They were all under warranty. Contact where you bought it from first, if it was a internet purchase and see if they will help you. If not just email Horizon, I bought mine from Amain and they have replaced all of them so far…they said that the 3rd one was the last one they were doing and I have to contact Horizon next time. I’m almost positive it has a 2 year warranty on electronics. When I can’t get it replaced anymore I’ll put a HW max8 combo in.

Get a max or MM8S. Warranty the Firma. Keep it for extra one or sell and make the cost of Max6 or MM8S lower.

I’m on my 4th esc in my Talion EXB with about 110 4000mah 6s packs ran through the car. My first one went bad with less then 10 runs on it. They were all under warranty. Contact where you bought it from first, if it was a internet purchase and see if they will help you. If not just email Horizon, I bought mine from Amain and they have replaced all of them so far…they said that the 3rd one was the last one they were doing and I have to contact Horizon next time. I’m almost positive it has a 2 year warranty on electronics. When I can’t get it replaced anymore I’ll put a HW max8 combo in.
I got the car from the model shop and they said the warranty is void if you change the connectors :cautious:

3 months was very good by spectrum standards
thing is it could have destroyed the car 700 pounds up in smoke :( still don't no if servo is ok or receiver waiting for new esc to try em

thing is it could have destroyed the car 700 pounds up in smoke :( still don't no if servo is ok or receiver waiting for new esc to try em
My esc went up in smoke 2nd time out. Outcast 6s EXB. Got it replaced under warranty then the motor wire's melted. Not run it since as can't be doing with the hassle. Got blx systems to use that don't do it.

Glade HH took are of the issue. Last week for me an ESC went out and servo. 2 different vehicles. OEM of course. Not in the mood for HH I replaced them. Didnt feel like waiting weeks or months like in the past. Jenny's.....4 days later both back in business.

My esc went up in smoke 2nd time out. Outcast 6s EXB. Got it replaced under warranty then the motor wire's melted. Not run it since as can't be doing with the hassle. Got blx systems to use that don't do it.
the blx system is alot better don't no whats going on with spektrum they need to get it sorted

the blx system is alot better don't no whats going on with spektrum they need to get it sorted
They not interested in my opinion. I've mentioned it to the UK supplier and they just say there isn't a problem as only a small number fail 🤔

They not interested in my opinion. I've mentioned it to the UK supplier and they just say there isn't a problem as only a small number fail 🤔
Unfortunately, like many other things today, it's all about profit. It's cheaper for HH to replace a few burned up ESCs and repair a few RC vehicles than it is to recall the faulty ESCs or put a better ESC in their new vehicles.

For those who are not old enough to remember the Ford Pinto exploding gas tanks of the late seventies, the link below outlines it well. It all boiled down to profit versus safety: it would have cost Ford less than $10 per vehicle to make the gas tank safer and prevent fatalities, but Ford chose not to.

https://philosophia.uncg.edu/phi361...oes-business-need-ethics/case-the-ford-pinto/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back