First Run and one of the wheels not straight! Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twentyplus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi Fans,
Just has my Talion first run today and it was a beast, somehow I think I have hit the site of the curve.
Not sure what happened and now the right front wheel not straight, what should I do? Try to find any similar thread but no luck. Hope to hear from someone to give some advice. TIA.

PXL_20220209_102236392.jpg

PXL_20220209_102242473.jpg

Hi Fans,
Just has my Talion first run today and it was a beast, somehow I think I have hit the site of the curve.
Not sure what happened and now the right front wheel not straight, what should I do? Try to find any similar thread but no luck. Hope to hear from someone to give some advice. TIA.

View attachment 198879

View attachment 198880
While some toe out is normal and helps keep your truck straight under power and helps turn in when cornering, yours might be a little extreme IMO. Feel free to adjust yours to your liking. That’s the best part of the hobby. Tinker and test until you find your sweet spot. Make sure you keep each sides links the same length. Adjust them to match perfectly and the angle of toe you prefer. Center with the radio trim and go. 🤘🏻

Hi Fans,

View attachment 198879

View attachment 198880
Could be a number of things. I would check the the servo to see if it’s working properly, steering plate, and turnbuckles. I think you probably bent something, they don’t like curbs.

Could be a number of things. I would check the the servo to see if it’s working properly, steering plate, and turnbuckles. I think you probably bent something, they don’t like curbs.
Oooh yeah check the Ackerman plate too!

Turn the truck on and the remote, the servo will center itself automatically. Then check the tires again, you might notice they are both toed out evenly. Because In that picture your servo is not centered
Thanks! Managed to make it slightly straight!
Might have to adjust the turnbuckles to make it bit more straight!

Hi Fans,

View attachment 198879

View attachment 198880
Ackerman plate is just bent. If the St. turnbuckle is fine. User error.
Normally happens. Looks like you broke your cherry there. Crap just happens like this with RC's.

Ackerman plate is just bent. If the St. turnbuckle is fine. User error.
Normally happens. Looks like you broke your cherry there. Crap just happens like this with RC's.
Sorry I'm New to RC, where is the Ackerman plate actually locate?
I have checked thru all the parts, looks like everything was not broke and ST turnbuckle has push back to "R".
Might have to adjust a little bit on the turnbuckles.

Sorry I'm New to RC, where is the Ackerman plate actually locate?
I have checked thru all the parts, looks like everything was not broke and ST turnbuckle has push back to "R".
Might have to adjust a little bit on the turnbuckles.
Pretty sure it's just your turnbuckles. Just need to set them to what you want. When you have toe out and your servo isn't centered (like your pictures) it will make one tire look straight and the other will look way off center (which is like your pictures). Ackerman plate is the red piece that your front turnbuckles connect to in the center. It is under the plate that your front chassis brace screws to. Also your servo saver connects to the Ackerman plate as well

Pretty sure it's just your turnbuckles. Just need to set them to what you want. When you have toe out and your servo isn't centered (like your pictures) it will make one tire look straight and the other will look way off center (which is like your pictures). Ackerman plate is the red piece that your front turnbuckles connect to in the center. It is under the plate that your front chassis brace screws to. Also your servo saver connects to the Ackerman plate as well
Thank you! Will look into it.

^^^
+1
The Ackerman plate ( aka Steering Rack) is very hard to see. Hidden below dead center of the Steering Top plate. Often overlooked. Check this first. Even slightly bent will appear as shown with poor Toe alignment,. Need a good light to verify this, short of removal which can be a bear the first time around. But easy enough after it's done just one time.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA340174

Thanks for all the helps!

Btw, how often you guys change the Ackerman plate? it was aluminum should be quite strong!

Thanks for all the helps!

Btw, how often you guys change the Ackerman plate? it was aluminum should be quite strong!
don't quote me on it, but I think you don't if it's not damaged, or worn out, just keep and eye on it after a session.
there is a hack out there where you can replace the bushings with BB's

Ackerman plates from Arrma are as hard as jello. Buy an M2C or Basherqueen one instead. They are inexpensive and a permanent fix.

Ackerman plates from Arrma are as hard as jello. Buy an M2C or Basherqueen one instead. They are inexpensive and a permanent fix.
Honestly the acumen plate and tie rods I rather be made from titanium. Rock solid. Then all the damages would be contained to the cheap plastic rod ends that loosen up no matter what so I always keep some on hand.

They are also always on backorder lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back