Fireteam Fitting Dust cover on Fireteam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have wanted a bag for my Slash Ultimate since I got it but I think I am just going to keep it out of the dirt going forward. 🏆

The stock FT body does such a great job of keeping the inside clean and stiffening things up..... but, it weighs 2 damn pounds. 😡

PXL_20230126_212517272-r.jpg

Once I removed the body to shed the weight I decided to just make my FT an on-road basher (to shed even more weight from the wheels). I took it out today with 22/46 gears and it is an absolute maniac even with the 53/107 Silver Hoons spinning like crazy. I need to order some white or golds, or maybe try some 42/100 PH Grippers? 🤔

PXL_20230324_212755486.jpg

PXL_20230326_205808662.jpg

I have wanted a bag for my Slash Ultimate since I got it but I think I am just going to keep it out of the dirt going forward. 🏆

The stock FT body does such a great job of keeping the inside clean and stiffening things up..... but, it weighs 2 damn pounds. 😡

View attachment 288574

Once I removed the body to shed the weight I decided to just make my FT an on-road basher (to shed even more weight from the wheels). I took it out today with 22/46 gears and it is an absolute maniac even with the 53/107 Silver Hoons spinning like crazy. I need to order some white or golds, or maybe try some 42/100 PH Grippers? 🤔

View attachment 288572

View attachment 288573
I couldn't image how your rig runs with no body weight, and minimal wheel weight. Must be insane!!!!!

I was inspired by yours and was thinking of doing the Kraton body. But decided to work with what I had.

I couldn't image how your rig runs with no body weight, and minimal wheel weight. Must be insane!!!!!
It is insane. After some Transmitter tuning, I was able to get it to start behaving some but it will take some more getting used to. If I don't like it I can always go back to the SRC Road Crushers which look much better, they just weigh about 4oz per corner more. I want to order some 1/5 scale GRP and 3/4" Sqr Hex adapters to see how they handle as I think they weigh somewhere between the 53/107 and the SRC wheels.

It is insane. After some Transmitter tuning, I was able to get it to start behaving some but it will take some more getting used to. If I don't like it I can always go back to the SRC Road Crushers which look much better, they just weigh about 4oz per corner more. I want to order some 1/5 scale GRP and 3/4" Sqr Hex adapters to see how they handle as I think they weigh somewhere between the 53/107 and the SRC wheels.
Wait they make square wheel adapters????? Never seen those before. Are those less likely to round out than hexes?

So I worked on my Fireteam body and here is what I came up with...
I removed the soldiers and decided to have two kinds of mesh. A thicker, more dense plastic mesh to keep small debris out of the electronics. This was attached lower in the body as you can see in the picture. I don't drive in dusty areas so I am not too worried about fine dust.
I then attached a lighter mesh with larger holes for the doors and windows. I kept the back window open to help with cleaning. I attached everything with zip ties.

Here are the weights:
Stock body w/ soldiers - 906g
Soldiers by themselves - 238g
Modified body with mesh - 718g
Mesh weight - 50g
Total savings - 188g or 0.414lbs or 21%

1680020951837.png

1680020991854.png

1680021014579.png

1680021034928.png

1680021081828.png

Wait they make square wheel adapters????? Never seen those before. Are those less likely to round out than hexes?
I don’t have experience but I’m guessing not. There’s less surfaces to put torque to. Look up the single nut used on F1 cars. To not round out, there are a ton of surfaces, like a 10+ sided polygon.

So I worked on my Fireteam body and here is what I came up with...
I removed the soldiers and decided to have two kinds of mesh. A thicker, more dense plastic mesh to keep small debris out of the electronics. This was attached lower in the body as you can see in the picture. I don't drive in dusty areas so I am not too worried about fine dust.
I then attached a lighter mesh with larger holes for the doors and windows. I kept the back window open to help with cleaning. I attached everything with zip ties.

Here are the weights:
Stock body w/ soldiers - 906g
Soldiers by themselves - 238g
Modified body with mesh - 718g
Mesh weight - 50g
Total savings - 188g or 0.414lbs or 21%

View attachment 288835
View attachment 288836
View attachment 288837
View attachment 288838
View attachment 288841
That looks really good!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back