Fireteam Fitting Dust cover on Fireteam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Typhon 3s
QSo I wanted to try to lighten up the body for the Fireteam but still keep the electronics covered.
C$ 23.63 33%OFF | Dust Protective Cover Accessory for 1/7 ARRMA FIRETEAM 6S RC Car https://a.aliexpress.com/_msGrTi2
Picked up this cover

But didn't like how it mounts to the underside.

Here's how I installed mine after several trial and errors.

I used the body locaters and clamps to hold it down for the most part.
A few little pieces of Velcro.
Added a screw going through the plastic at the front on the outside. This helped it keep clear of the steering horn. Also pulled it over the front body post for the same reason.

IMG_20230314_094609.jpg
IMG_20230314_094552.jpg
IMG_20230314_094536.jpg
IMG_20230314_094531.jpg
IMG_20230314_002829.jpg
IMG_20230314_001341.jpg

I'm thinking about doing the same on my Fireteam. I'm interested to hear what others have done to lighten the body.

Can you attach the dust cover to the Fireteam body shell to replace the plastic piece with the guys? That way it would come off with the body so you have easy access to the electronics and less overheating issues?

Can you attach the dust cover to the Fireteam body shell to replace the plastic piece with the guys? That way it would come off with the body so you have easy access to the electronics and less overheating issues?
Yeah, that would be pretty nice so you don’t have another step every time buttoning things up. Even if it wasn’t as perfect coverage, long as it kept most of the dirt out it would be better than just removing all the body panels.

Looks interesting though definitely keep us updated how it works out after using a bit.

That's would be ideal but I think it would be hard to get it all attached and might still leave some big gaps. Maybe can be done with a bunch of zip ties??? It's really only one zipper to get to the batteries so not worth the extra stress.
Looks interesting though definitely keep us updated how it works out after using a bit.
Hope to get it out in the snow really soon. I will show if it works or doesn't👍👍

Yeah, that's what I want! Something along those lines.

That's would be ideal but I think it would be hard to get it all attached and might still leave some big gaps. Maybe can be done with a bunch of zip ties??? It's really only one zipper to get to the batteries so not worth the extra stress.

Hope to get it out in the snow really soon. I will show if it works or doesn't👍👍
So after seeing the picture above and doing a little Googling, you can buy all different kind of mesh from fabric stores. You can choose how big or small of holes you want. You can even get the fine mesh material like what your pre-made dust cover bag is made from. And it's cheap.
I might try to get a fine mesh for the lower part of the body below the window line. Then get a big mesh for the windows to simulate desert racers. Attach it all with zip ties. Couldn't be more than $20 of materials.

@dure16 thx for the props!

So after seeing the picture above and doing a little Googling, you can buy all different kind of mesh from fabric stores. You can choose how big or small of holes you want. You can even get the fine mesh material like what your pre-made dust cover bag is made from. And it's cheap.
I might try to get a fine mesh for the lower part of the body below the window line. Then get a big mesh for the windows to simulate desert racers. Attach it all with zip ties. Couldn't be more than $20 of materials.

Certainly was not my idea. I copied another user here who did it first cannot remember his handle name right now...credit to him! I got my mesh from Amazon same place the original guy told me he got his. Yep, there are a lot of nicer options out now so take your time with it. Certainly is lighter

Mesh I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K56PHPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1678835953987.png
1678835966236.png
1678835991705.png
1678836022782.png

Sounds cool. Make sure to post the results. I was contemplating buying another regular body like a savage xl but thought I'd see If I could lighten this up instead.

The dust cover was the quickest easiest option.
@dure16 thx for the props!

Certainly was not my idea. I copied another user here who did it first cannot remember his handle name right now...credit to him! I got my mesh from Amazon same place the original guy told me he got his. Yep, there are a lot of nicer options out now so take your time with it. Certainly is lighter

Mesh I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K56PHPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 285405View attachment 285406View attachment 285407View attachment 285408
How does it work at keeping stuff out. Looks great but wouldn't keep the snow out for me. Need a tight mesh.

Sounds cool. Make sure to post the results. I was contemplating buying another regular body like a savage xl but thought I'd see If I could lighten this up instead.

The dust cover was the quickest easiest option.

How does it work at keeping stuff out. Looks great but wouldn't keep the snow out for me. Need a tight mesh.
You are correct. This would not be the body or setup for snow.

It keeps little out but has not been a problem for my condition. In these winter months, I have to send it back to me to get the dead grass off the fan covers so it can keep blowing cool air to the electronics. Not an issue when I am on dirt. I do not do mud or water, so work for how I bash. We rarely get snow down south, but it can happen....I would have to self it and get something like the Kraton.

To the OP I like what you did there (y) I couldn't find a nice way to mount it to the chassis so I turned the dust cover upside down and mounted it in the body. Definitely keep it's a lot cleaner inside and I can unzip it to give more airflow

FT1.jpg
FT2.jpg

To the OP I like what you did there (y) I couldn't find a nice way to mount it to the chassis so I turned the dust cover upside down and mounted it in the body. Definitely keep it's a lot cleaner inside and I can unzip it to give more airflow

View attachment 287024View attachment 287025
Can you share the details on those side panels? They look good.

Omg this thing is mental now with that weight reduction and punch turned up a bit. Wheelies like crazy and actually seems to fast to control at full speed. Will probably drop pinion down a tooth.

Dust cover kept the mud, clay, and water out. 👍👍
IMG_20230326_152104.jpg

IMG_20230326_152113.jpg

Great pics but they only show us that you tested it - not that it worked! :) Any pics of inside after that?

Great pics but they only show us that you tested it - not that it worked! :) Any pics of inside after that?
Only have pictures after the fact. The whole thing including the cover was covered in a thick layer of clay. Only opened it enough to pull out the batteries. Took over half hour of spraying with the hose to get most of it off. I didn't spray under the cover so any dirt you see there is what washed through the mesh from the hose. Only problem I did have with the cover was it was hard to open to get the batteries cause the mud was jamming the zipper.
IMG_20230327_033703.jpg
IMG_20230327_033717.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back