Kraton Fitting V4 body to V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Any ideas because nothing lines up ?

20190507_170701.jpg

I just looked at the exploded views on Arrma-rc.com and the body mounts are different front and rear between the V4 and the rest. I wonder why they changed those?
So if I get the new mounts I should be good?

So if I get the new mounts I should be good?

The new mounts should work with the V4 body. I got the new mounts installed on my V3 and the V3 body would not fit. Had to put the old mounts back. So now I got a set of mounts for a V4 body . It would have been nice if they kept the same spacing so the bodies could easily be swapped.
There is also a front/back and left/right for the mounts. I found out the hard way and still nothing lined up.

The new mounts should work with the V4 body. I got the new mounts installed on my V3 and the V3 body would not fit. Had to put the old mounts back. So now I got a set of mounts for a V4 body . It would have been nice if they kept the same spacing so the bodies could easily be swapped.
Why did you get the V4 mounts in the first place? Are you planning on a V4 body?

I just looked at the exploded views on Arrma-rc.com and the body mounts are different front and rear between the V4 and the rest. I wonder why they changed those?
they changed the hole placement to try and give alittle extra meat on the rear body holes ... alot of people including me blew out the rear body holes pretty quick mine ripped straight out the back of the car before I got the m2c chassis... the amount of flex the stock chassis has was the culprit with the added meat it takes the post far enough away from the rear if it does blow out it's easy to fix and it's not going to RIP all the way out the back of the body hope this helps with your question I'll sent a picture of mine after I repaired it ... but I also got v4 mounts so I can go to the v4 body
don't look very good but I have aluminum on the under side of the body with holes in it to make sure it wont do it again lol

Attachments

• 20190507_181855.jpg
    20190507_181855.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 105
You should just need AR320365 & AR320357 for the front and rear I believe. Maybe some new screws too but I'm not sure.
AR320365 should give me the mounts I need. AR320357 is just the different sized posts, which I have a ton of. They list the front mounts with that part number but if you look it’s just the posts.

AR320365 should give me the mounts I need. AR320357 is just the different sized posts, which I have a ton of. They list the front mounts with that part number but if you look it’s just the posts.
I noticed that too but I looked up the part numbers and the posts all come as one part number and the mounts for the front and rear come as the other part number. You should just need the mounts then if you have a bunch of posts.

I noticed that too but I looked up the part numbers and the posts all come as one part number and the mounts for the front and rear come as the other part number. You should just need the mounts then if you have a bunch of posts.
I have a bag full, lol. What pisses me off is the Talion rear posts would have worked if they didn’t change the spacing between the posts. Not sure why they did that.

I need help. They sent me the mounts in ordered but I have two issues. One, each of the rear mounts are the same. Usually there is a right and a left and you can tell by where the screw that adjusts the post height come in on. The screw head should be facing out so you could get to it without removing the mounts. When mounted, the ones I received have the screw head facing the same way which means one side is facing in. By the way, there mounts appear to be the exact see ones as the Talion rears, except if you use a left and a right the spacing is to far apart for the body holes. If you use two right sides the spacing is fine and I just want to confirm this is correct.

The other issue is it seems like I have to slightly compress the body to get it to fit on all 4 posts. That doesn't seem right to me.

Can someone with a V4 Kraton post a few pictures of each of the body mounts with the body off? I need to figure out what is going on here.

I need help. They sent me the mounts in ordered but I have two issues. One, each of the rear mounts are the same. Usually there is a right and a left and you can tell by where the screw that adjusts the post height come in on. The screw head should be facing out so you could get to it without removing the mounts. When mounted, the ones I received have the screw head facing the same way which means one side is facing in. By the way, there mounts appear to be the exact see ones as the Talion rears, except if you use a left and a right the spacing is to far apart for the body holes. If you use two right sides the spacing is fine and I just want to confirm this is correct.

The other issue is it seems like I have to slightly compress the body to get it to fit on all 4 posts. That doesn't seem right to me.

Can someone with a V4 Kraton post a few pictures of each of the body mounts with the body off? I need to figure out what is going on here.
yeah something is alittle off could be a tower or if your using the hr gearbox case idk but I had no idea the body mounts are different thank god I ordered towers with the post already on it so I knew where to put them on my voltage towers ... I also went to a v4 body on my v3 and it lined up perfectly with the new mounts ... so something isnt right I'm assuming

yeah something is alittle off could be a tower or if your using the hr gearbox case idk but I had no idea the body mounts are different thank god I ordered towers with the post already on it so I knew where to put them on my voltage towers ... I also went to a v4 body on my v3 and it lined up perfectly with the new mounts ... so something isnt right I'm assuming

The V4 shock towers are different than the V3's?

no I think they are the same it's the body post that are different

Oh - just reread what you wrote. Do you still have the new mounts on the towers? Can you post pictures?

no I think they are the same it's the body post that are different
I got the v4 towers on Ebay they had the post already installed on them so I just moved the post to my voltage towers and my v4 body fit my v3 like a glove no issues at all
I got the v4 towers on Ebay they had the post already installed on them so I just moved the post to my voltage towers and my v4 body fit my v3 like a glove no issues at all
I'm out of town right now or I would sorry ... it sounds like you have a double of one side I'm not positive but my screw holes are on the out side on both rears

Here are some pics. Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted.

Attachments

• 473179CD-3AB1-4B7B-B6AF-38C9921E5ABE.jpeg
    473179CD-3AB1-4B7B-B6AF-38C9921E5ABE.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 116
  • B7C17C2B-5E81-4112-87C6-F3FA6C335F36.jpeg
    B7C17C2B-5E81-4112-87C6-F3FA6C335F36.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 109
  • EA8E3CF0-EEE4-47D1-B22E-C0606AF2AC49.jpeg
    EA8E3CF0-EEE4-47D1-B22E-C0606AF2AC49.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 103
  • D5A461CD-BA60-4F9F-BE6A-1381BB95CE36.jpeg
    D5A461CD-BA60-4F9F-BE6A-1381BB95CE36.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 103
  • ACAADE7B-427E-49FD-8F6D-1715940EDF26.jpeg
    ACAADE7B-427E-49FD-8F6D-1715940EDF26.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 88
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back