Flysky FS-GT5 lack of Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechDad

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Can only go around 100ft before the radio loses contact with the receiver. Not sure what the issue could be,batteries are fully charged.
Using the FS-BS6 taht came with the radio. Ideas? Are there another receiver that would work that I can try?

That's really odd. I have a GT5 (technically it's an Absima CR6P but it's just a rebranded GT5) and never had any reception issues for at least 4-500ft. I'd give the antenna an inspection for any damages, tip sheared off, etc.
Wow. Great range. I'll have to check the receiver and see if anything is obvious.

Wow. Great range. I'll have to check the receiver and see if anything is obvious.
I'm sure it can go further than that. At the time I was just kind of limited by the 1000ft road I was running on and never did a proper range test. I've since moved to Futaba but, if memory serves, I'm pretty sure you should be able to get at least 1000ft range out of it if everything is in working order.

I know this is a long shot and rather unlikely, but if the antenna is without blemishes, I'd open up the case of the receiver just to verify that the IPEX antenna connector didn't pop off the board for some unknown reason.

Well,checked the wires,antenna,etc and didn't see anything obvious. I did see a place where the antenna looked like it had been kinked at one point. Did another run and it dropped out in the same spot. Coud that kink be the issue?

There are guys that love futaba. Some love Spektrum.
We have all had a bad experience with something. Why won’t I drive a ford? You get it. Receivers are cheap buy another one and try it. Or another radio if you have a used one kicking around.

I like futaba!

I’ve read a lot of complaints with Flysky I have the same radio you’re talking about. No issues with it. It’s in a baja 5t. Came with a used baja 5b I bought.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back