waaa : FS-BS6 (receiver) and FS-GT5 (transmitter) troubleshooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello World ;-)

And so is my ongoing (see below) quest to fix my "Arrma Typhon 6s" continues ))

- waaaa : arrma typhon 6s esc troubleshooting
- waaaa : steering servo is RIP?

After figuring out how to test the servo, I can now say that the servo appears to be working, which brings me to the next point:

Perhaps the issue is with the receiver (FS-BS6) or the transmitter (FS-GT5)? However, other channels like CH2 (acceleration/brake) and CH6 (random test) seem to be working just fine, yet CH1 (steering) not so much(

Please advise)
I appreciate any help you can provide.

I thought you had it all sorted out.
It was the OE servo according to your video??:unsure:
The Stocker servos are known to screw up the ESC like that.:unsure:
I run the DS3235 AMZ servos also. Great value for the buck. Not the best out there. But none of my 8 have failed yet in several years.. Have them in most of my Basher rigs and Crawlers.

Steve

I once had a servo take out a channel on a FS-BS6 receiver when the servo went bad. It was only when I tried a known good servo on another channel that I realized the servo had taken out the channel on the receiver.

I once had a servo take out a channel on a FS-BS6 receiver when the servo went bad. It was only when I tried a known good servo on another channel that I realized the servo had taken out the channel on the receiver.
sounds exactly like my issue, although in my case servo did not go bad, but i did saw something weird before and that my wheel went all the way to the side, i turned the car off and tried to turn it on again, but wheels went to the same side so i turned the car off again and now check servo and servo looks to be working fine..

what did you end up doing? replacing a receiver? or is there a way to use other channels in FS-BS6 instead of CH1?

Thanks in advance!

Have you gone through the menu on your GT5? Go to steering expo, trim, endpoints,etc. and make sure your settings are correct after making certain the D/R and steering knobs are in the correct orientation on the radio. You may have had settings altered and can possibly dial this out.

what did you end up doing? replacing a receiver? or is there a way to use other channels in FS-BS6 instead of CH1?
If it does turn out to be a burnt channel, you can move steering to an aux channel. At least in g7p which should be pretty similar, minus mixers I think.

On the g7p you go into the settings for the aux channels, pick one like ch3, set its input type to 'knob', and its control to 'st'. Then move your servo plug to ch3 on the RX. Ch1 will still see the steering input, but nothing's plugged into it so doesn't matter.

The menus might be slightly different on the g5 but I'd be very surprised if it couldn't do that.

I just got everything to work!!! w/ no longer dead ST servo and no longer an issue w/ receiver/transmitter either!

all I had to do is to perform factory reset of the transmitter and then re-binding it with the receiver)

minus ~$100 later, I learned how to: Test ST Servo, Swap ESC, Factory-Reset of Transmitter and remember how to BIND Transmitter with Receiver! oh and I also end up with an extra ST servo)) fun experience !

Thanks a lot to everyone! I really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back