Food for thought

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

Chasing down triple digits
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 3s
So on the off season of speed running i have been in the process of rebuilding my rig. Changing things up and cleaning the build up in general. Everything is coming along nicely and i do plan on making a build thread on my progress.

In putting things back together i got to thinking. Would it be best to leave the shocks unattached on one end while the rig sits for a couple months? Just for the simple fact that the control arm is under so much tension. With the droop adjusted and the shock spring compressed so much, i would think it would warp the arm itself and affect the car in some way.

Disclaimer! i could be crazy, but let me know your guys thoughts on this matter!

So on the off season of speed running i have been in the process of rebuilding my rig. Changing things up and cleaning the build up in general. Everything is coming along nicely and i do plan on making a build thread on my progress.

In putting things back together i got to thinking. Would it be best to leave the shocks unattached on one end while the rig sits for a couple months? Just for the simple fact that the control arm is under so much tension. With the droop adjusted and the shock spring compressed so much, i would think it would warp the arm itself and affect the car in some way.

Disclaimer! i could be crazy, but let me know your guys thoughts on this matter!
Yep that’s a good idea.

Hmmm….. yep, that’s a good idea…..nope it doesn’t matter.🤷 I’m thinking if it’s static stasis what’s the harm, but better safe than sorry.
homer simpson episode 21 GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back