Fords new mustang for 2025....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
Here we go, I love the gt350r, high revving and it's a 6 speed manual. Shelby gt500 love it and some mods it's over 1000 hp. This mustang gtd definitely different, sounds great, suspension is race inspired but not loving the wheels or the wing and the price is pretty steep but let's see how is does at the track.

Screenshot_20230819-215244_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230819-215251_Chrome.jpg

Ford is saying sub 7 minutes around the nurburgring (did I spell that right?). C8 Vette is 7:29. This car is sick. I'm glad they didn't make it electric

I guess Ford only plans to make a few hundred of these with a price tag like That... ?

Seems like they are going down the same path as Lexus did with their LFA ,which had about the same price range.
We all know what happened to that super car...

I guess Ford only plans to make a few hundred of these with a price tag like That... ?

Seems like they are going down the same path as Lexus did with their LFA ,which had about the same price range.
We all know what happened to that super car...
They are being built buy Multimatic (the company who built the ford GT) last I heard. I wouldn't expect this to be in production for more than a couple years.

Ford is out of their mind with that price tag :oops:
Agree. Love the car not the price. but they say the next generation of mustang will be electric no more gas so mabey that’s why they are trying to capitalize on possibly the last of the gas powered special editions of the car

Agree. Love the car not the price. but they say the next generation of mustang will be electric no more gas so mabey that’s why they are trying to capitalize on possibly the last of the gas powered special editions of the car

I wouldn't be too overly concerned about ICE cars going away anytime soon..
No matter the regulations or laws passed.

There's still too many unforseen issues with EVs.
Even something as basic as keeping them charging/charged..
With the demands on the electrical grid and IF it can even keep up with the loads when at full peak demands...

Most folks don't even realize that they need to modify/upgrade their home's electrical to have dedicated 400Volts to actually have supercharging...

120V or 240V won't really cut it if you want truly "fast charging" for EVs like the Ford Lightning, GMC Hummer EV, Rivian RT, or Tesla Cybertruck (or even Tesla Semi's ,which would require 1,000Volts systems)

I'll looking at news Currently of townS around here in just DFW area that's sending out short notices to residents of rolling blackouts because of the "high demands" on their electricity from A/Cs during this heatwave...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/planned-power-outages-for-sanger-and-argyle-in-denton-county/3319819/?amp=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wf...outs/287-d44f3499-7fb0-4b9d-80e2-bf2c168a1553

Can you even imagine how many MORE Rolling Blackouts that we would have if we replace ALL gasoline cars with pure EVs? The electrical demand would be Astronomical -
During this hot time of season.
And if this Heat extends into winter...

https://www.kxan.com/news/noaa-releases-fall-weather-predictions-for-texas/amp/

Lots of folks would probably die from heatstroke if their home A/C is not running for 5-6 hours in this sort of 106° - 110° heat with no power..

Last edited:
At that price, it better be able to balloon / explode the tires, and do a back flip with a blip of the throttle :LOL: That's too costly for an 800HP Mustang, to me anyway, I don't see anything special with a price tag like that.

I wouldn't be too overly concerned about ICE cars going away anytime soon..
No matter the regulations or laws passed.

There's still too many unforseen issues with EVs.
Even something as basic as keeping them charging/charged..
With the demands on the electrical grid and IF it can even keep up with the loads when at full peak demands...

Most folks don't even realize that they need to modify/upgrade their home's electrical to have dedicated 400Volts to actually have supercharging...

120V or 240V won't really cut it if you want truly "fast charging" for EVs like the Ford Lightning, GMC Hummer EV, Rivian RT, or Tesla Cybertruck (or even Tesla Semi's ,which would require 1,000Volts systems)

I'll looking at news Currently of townS around here in just DFW area that's sending out short notices to residents of rolling blackouts because of the "high demands" on their electricity from A/Cs during this heatwave...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/planned-power-outages-for-sanger-and-argyle-in-denton-county/3319819/?amp=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wf...outs/287-d44f3499-7fb0-4b9d-80e2-bf2c168a1553

Can you even imagine how many MORE Rolling Blackouts that we would have if we replace ALL gasoline cars with pure EVs? The electrical demand would be Astronomical -
During this hot time of season.
And if this Heat extends into winter...

https://www.kxan.com/news/noaa-releases-fall-weather-predictions-for-texas/amp/

Lots of folks would probably die from heatstroke if their home A/C is not running for 5-6 hours in this sort of 106° - 110° heat with no power..

My stepson is a firefighter and man, if your EV blows up in your attached garage, you may as well just give it all up and call your insurance company. It just can't be put out by any available means. All they can do is try to prevent the neighbors house from igniting from the heat. As you already mentioned, the grid itself is just not designed to handle that kind of load from every EV car owner. My wife is pretty Liberal so to speak and loves to talk about how more Green we should be as her friends are buying EV cars. On our way from work every day we pass the railroad tracks with miles of cars delivering coal to the local power plant and I always mention "Well, here's your friend's zero emission car fuel". Hey, I'd love to have a 20 Killowatt solar array on my roof to run my AC in the summer, but if we're using an EV car to commute, when solar is available, we can't charge. I also looked into the buyback energy program and we'd get about 2 cents for every dollar of energy we put back in the grid. Now, as you have, let's look at the energy picture in the macro. There isn't enough nickel, cobalt and lithium on this planet to replace every personal ICE in existence. Now add in farming and ranching needs. Food man, got to have it! Imagine trying to run a combine on batteries not to mention the initial cost. It's about control... Flip a switch and a whole town or city gets stopped dead much less a private residence, ranch or farm. Now stay with me here, next is the ban on cash.. "You know, it'll stop terrorists and drug dealers so it's for your own good", lol. Hey we'll give everyone 10,000 "credits" if you just surrender all your paper money and coins. Sheesh, JFK would have to run as a far righty these days, and be called a racist Cuban hater. BTW, to keep the record straight my wife is half Mexican/American Indian and half Latvian Jewish. I'm Irish and German Catholic. One of my best friends is Cuban whos parent's fled Cuba when Castro got into power. One of my business associate's parents got out of Vietnam by the skin of their teeth in a freaking canoe in the late 50's. Another one of my friends is black, AF Vietnam Veteran who I go to to all the local air shows with. It's just so weird to even think of all these people in my life as a specific race, they are just my people and I know them by name is all.

Last edited:
This is why it costs so much. I wonder why they don’t focus more on the wider stance and lighter weight. That should be the headline instead of a buried feature I had to search for.

1692532035477.png

This is why it costs so much. I wonder why they don’t focus more on the wider stance and lighter weight. That should be the headline instead of a buried feature I had to search for.

View attachment 318132

Perhaps all those Extra Cost carbon bits are more for show than actually structural functionality.

Maybe, maybe not. Only track times will tell the real story.

Perhaps save some $$,$$$ on the carbon bits and just remove those leather furniture & swap the driver seat with a simple lightweight Sparco. Use the save money for new tires..
That you'll surely need on a vehicle like this.

Buddy has a Hellcat 700+ HP. Says it's OK going straight if not too fast. (Autobahn with no speed limit beeing the benchmark). But corners at speed no fun. Just too heavy. Wrong aerodynamics for fast corners / high speed. Seems the best part is idling the motor. Sounds cool. Looking fast while standing still. Throttle valve tuning sound is unfortunately something that took over from cubic capacity sound - pretty much everywhere.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back