Limitless fried xlx2 only 200A / 2028 1100kV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin080

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
Fried XLX2 today with only 200Amps...
Esc has start error now.
You can hear that it has one slightly cutout at the middle and at the end the car went braking heavily and stops.
Now I only got that cogging.
I check all plugs and bullets for tightness after each run.
The highest measured amperage was 417A in my Typhon last season.
Does anyone have experience with XLX2 warranty? I bought the esc 8/15/22.
Maybe you can help me..

Video from the run inc. Cogging
Motor is the 2028 1100kV.

@Moire, hope u see it brother

20230327_201841.jpg

20230327_201811.jpg

Warranty is fairly great… I’ve had many xlx2 commit suicide and either free replacement or if it was my fault pay the warranty fee.
Should I clear the datalog? I am scared that will happen again with the 2028 1100kV..
@Moire has killed the esc too with that motor with ease

Ive sent it in today and just let the log saved. I am scared to keep pushing when getting another:(
Xlx2 ya must have GOOD sodoring.i only use ec8 or qs8...ec8 have huge Sodom pockets an are slightly larger than qs8.heres ec8 with big sodor pocket fits 8awg wiring easy

20230331_204302.jpg

20230331_204408.jpg

I know your in Germany, but I use these an they work great for xlx2 an high amperage

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230331-204833_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230331-204833_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Ive sent it in today and just let the log saved. I am scared to keep pushing when getting another:(
Don't sweat it. It happens. As @K-BASH said, good solder joints are a must. 200A is nothing and there's nothing you did wrong from I could see in the video (poor solder joints not withstanding).

Stupid question but...did you test the motor with another ESC after the incident to verify that it wasn't the culprit? Just a thought.

Don't clear log an be honest with tech,an they'll give you 1 free esc.then it's 165$ for xlx2 with core(bad esc)I paid 469$ for 2 xlx2 an a mmmx8s last order I did

View attachment 289579

Don't sweat it. It happens. As @K-BASH said, good solder joints are a must. 200A is nothing and there's nothing you did wrong from I could see in the video (poor solder joints not withstanding).

Stupid question but...did you test the motor with another ESC after the incident to verify that it wasn't the culprit? Just a thought.
Yeah, i tested the motor successfully on my mmx8s without any issue.

Xlx2
Xlx2 ya must have GOOD sodoring.i only use ec8 or qs8...ec8 have huge Sodom pockets an are slightly larger than qs8.heres ec8 with big sodor pocket fits 8awg wiring easy

View attachment 289630

View attachment 289631
I know your in Germany, but I use these an they work great for xlx2 an high amperage
I use qs8 everywhere brother and solder joints were pretty good..

Yeah, i tested the motor successfully on my mmx8s without any issue.

Xlx2

I use qs8 everywhere brother and solder joints were pretty good..
Ok, cool. I figured you would because you're German which means you operate with German precision (which is the best sort of precision...well, it used to be anyways) but I figured I'd ask the one question that hadn't been asked yet anyways. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back