Typhon Front Hinge Pin- Why a Cover?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NigelPrentice

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
My son's Typhon Mega, awaiting upgrade to 3s. Why do some people recommend some sort of front hinge pin cover? I've seen this recommendation on other trucks, too. As you can see, I have the T-Bone Racing front bumper installed.

I got this little piece of angled aluminum I think in the package with the TBR bumper.:

IMG_9176.jpg

IMG_9175.jpg

Here is the part listed on the TBR website all by itself.

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 8.43.10 PM.png

https://tboneracing.net/collections...er-front-bumper-arrma-typhon-3s-4x4#questions

1) With the TBR bumper installed, why do I need this hinge pin cover?
2) And if I install it, the bumper will no longer sit flush against the bottom of the chassis. Is this a problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Pretty sure that stiffens up your diff assembly.

My son's Typhon Mega, awaiting upgrade to 3s. Why do some people recommend some sort of front hinge pin cover? I've seen this recommendation on other trucks, too. As you can see, I have the T-Bone Racing front bumper installed.

I got this little piece of angled aluminum I think in the package with the TBR bumper.:

View attachment 105285

View attachment 105284

Here is the part listed on the TBR website all by itself.

View attachment 105286
https://tboneracing.net/collections...er-front-bumper-arrma-typhon-3s-4x4#questions

1) With the TBR bumper installed, why do I need this hinge pin cover?
2) And if I install it, the bumper will no longer sit flush against the bottom of the chassis. Is this a problem?

Thanks in advanced.
The hinge pins will work their way out. The stock bumper holds them in but the T Bone leaves the holes exposed. They came up with that bracket as the fix. You can grind down the part that goes under the chassis to help the bumper sit more flush, but with out it, those pins will slide forward and your arms will pop off the chassis.

The hinge pins will work their way out. The stock bumper holds them in but the T Bone leaves the holes exposed. They came up with that bracket as the fix. You can grind down the part that goes under the chassis to help the bumper sit more flush, but with out it, those pins will slide forward and your arms will pop off the chassis.

Ahhhhh. I see. Makes sense now.

I just wish there was a better aftermarket solution. This little piece from TBR is just not great looking. Any companies out there make something more purpose-built, @jondilly1974 @Notorious J ?

Ahhhhh. I see. Makes sense now.

I just wish there was a better aftermarket solution. This little piece from TBR is just not great looking. Any companies out there make something more purpose-built, @jondilly1974 @Notorious J ?
Not for the 3s/4s line up. None that I know of anyways.

I'm wondering if you could flip that aluminum angle bracket over, drill some holes in it, and have a really ugly but cheap shock tower protect that lasts forever?!?! :unsure:

You know, this is what I was thinking, too. Maybe now an entire tower protector, but maybe use me Dremel and some long screws to make my own hinge cover. Thanks for the inspiration!

Not for the 3s/4s line up. None that I know of anyways.

Ok cool, Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back