Typhon Front right wheel assembly busted, trying to determine exact product IDs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThaneVim

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I first turned to the exploded view, but I'm having doubts that I'm looking at the correct thing. Attached are images of the breakages, in the front suspension arms and the shock attachment, leaving the front right shock dangling from the wheel. Based on what the exploded view shows, I need the front suspension arms (ARA330543) obviously, but: it then says that the "crowns" atop the composite front shock tower (ARAC4400) are actually included in the body mount set front (ARAC3496).

diagram_with-selections.png

They look correct, but it's throwing me off for two reasons that have me hesitant to press buy:

1. It's in a set with the top cover mounts, which are considerably further back on the body, not at all attached to the front shock tower, and
2. I can't see the bottoms of the "crowns" on the product page, and mine have rods the suspension would attach to (shown in the pictures, albeit busted)
crown-attachment-temp.jpg

shock-attachment.jpg

suspension-arm.jpg

Last edited:
I first turned to the exploded view, but I'm having doubts that I'm looking at the correct thing. Attached are images of the breakages, in the front suspension arms and the shock attachment, leaving the front right shock dangling from the wheel. Based on what the exploded view shows, I need the front suspension arms (ARA330543) obviously, but: it then says that the "crowns" atop the composite front shock tower (ARAC4400) are actually included in the body mount set front (ARAC3496).

View attachment 362644

They look correct, but it's throwing me off for two reasons that have me hesitant to press buy:

1. It's in a set with the top cover mounts, which are considerably further back on the body, not at all attached to the front shock tower, and
2. I can't see the bottoms of the "crowns" on the product page, and mine have rods the suspension would attach to (shown in the pictures, albeit busted)

View attachment 362640

View attachment 362641

View attachment 362642

What is busted under the shock tower is the upper shock hinge itself, it's one piece, so you will need to replace the whole shock.

IF you are located in the USA, then I would highly suggest you look at JennysRC.com ,he has the cheapest prices for Arrma OEM parts.. usually in complete sets, instead of just pairs.

Here's the arms >>
Screenshot_20240422-201953.png

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...-senton-ar102711?_pos=13&_sid=c0847778b&_ss=r

Regarding those whimpy stock shocks.. Here's Everything you ever want to know about Upgrades >> (scroll down a little to thr 4x4 Notes)

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

Last edited:
I would highly suggest you look at JennysRC.com ,he has the cheapest prices for Arrma OEM parts.. usually in complete sets, instead of just pairs.
Sadly, it seems they're out of the shocks for my 3S. Would ARA330550 (Shock Set, Front (2)) [sans spring] for $19 be too much of a hassle to get my existing spring in place on? Do you have any idea on if JennysRC will restock the shocks? I did at least put in a request to be notified...

Sadly, it seems they're out of the shocks for my 3S. Would ARA330550 (Shock Set, Front (2)) [sans spring] for $19 be too much of a hassle to get my existing spring in place on? Do you have any idea on if JennysRC will restock the shocks? I did at least put in a request to be notified...

Double check your shock lengths..
(Most of the 3S lineup have parts that's interchangeable.. Only difference are the lengths..)

So, these may work >>

Screenshot_20240422-215929.png

So it looks like the length is different between the models.
ARA4305V3 (my car's part)
ARA4306V3
Front Shocks:
Front Shocks:
ARA330722 - SHOCK SET BORE:11mm, LENGTH: 87mm PISTON: 2x1.3mm OIL: 500cst​
AR330550 - SHOCK SET BORE:11mm, LENGTH:101mm PISTON:2x1.3mm OIL:500cst
ARA330712 - SHOCK SPRINGS: 55mm 1.2N/mm (6.9lbf/in) (2pcs)​
Front Springs: 70mm / Stiffness: 5.71lb/in (1.00N/mm)
Rear Shocks:​
Rear Shocks:
ARA330723 - SHOCK SET BORE:11mm, LENGTH: 109mm PISTON: 2x1.3mm OIL: 500cst​
AR330551 - SHOCK SET BORE:11mm, LENGTH:115mm PISTON:2x1.3mm OIL:500cst
ARA330713 - SHOCK SPRINGS: 70mm 1.06N/mm (6.05lbf/in) (2pcs)​
Rear Springs: 80mm / Stiffness: 4.80lb/in (0.84N/mm)
If I were to get these, and replace all the shocks (or even, just the front?), would this have any impact beyond just increasing ride height? Edit: To further clarify, even if "just" increasing ride height, would doing so have a negative ride performance impact, like a severe change in center of gravity?

Back