FS Racing 1/8 scale 6S DR8 V2 Desert Racer Dune Buggy RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I missed where she came out and said that was the situation. Great for us if that’s the case.
I agree great new!

More RC options the better and
I hear these FS RCs are made in same factory as Arrma and are very durable!

She’s been clear that she sold the carbon fiber machines ect to Mr Looper at M2C

And Basherqueen will now be the FS Racing distributor in the US

If you look on eBay she already has all the spare parts for the DR8 and the Tank rc’s in stock

She has mentioned that M2C will be making some upgrades for these also
I should hit her up and see if she can get any parts for any of the other FS Racing cars. I have a Marauder that is in need of some parts.

I should hit her up and see if she can get any parts for any of the other FS Racing cars. I have a Marauder that is in need of some parts.
I heard a lot of the parts are compatible for these 1/8 scale platform

Mine came last week, haven’t had the chance to mess with it yet. I’m debating throwing on a 17t pinion and running it on 4s.

Gotta think of a way to eliminate the red beadlock on the wheels.

IMO the car doesn't need 6s; in fact I 've only ran it on 4s. In which case you want a bigger pinion than the stock 12T; somewhere in the 16T-18T range.
16T gave me 66 km/h in sand (full lipo) and 72km/h on asphalt (50% lipo), with MT belted offroad tires. 19T on asphalt did 85 km/h, but for offroad bashing this was a bit to much (heat and cogging).
Currently running 17T with a 4082 2000kv motor and Max6. No idea of speed, but for offroad bashing fast enough.
I've painted the beadlocks black with a spray can and some tape to cover the tires and wheels.

FYI: There is also a nice wide kit available.;)
Left is stock, right with the wide kit.
2AB2B342-49F7-4FAC-B8A6-B7F51186EB7B.jpeg

I think I might try to scuff and paint them. I think I have a set of Kyosho +11mm hubs I’m going to try to fit on it. Think it needs to be widened?

IMO the car doesn't need 6s; in fact I 've only ran it on 4s. In which case you want a bigger pinion than the stock 12T; somewhere in the 16T-18T range.
16T gave me 66 km/h in sand (full lipo) and 72km/h on asphalt (50% lipo), with MT belted offroad tires. 19T on asphalt did 85 km/h, but for offroad bashing this was a bit to much (heat and cogging).
Currently running 17T with a 4082 2000kv motor and Max6. No idea of speed, but for offroad bashing fast enough.
I've painted the beadlocks black with a spray can and some tape to cover the tires and wheels.

FYI: There is also a nice wide kit available.;)
Left is stock, right with the wide kit.
2AB2B342-49F7-4FAC-B8A6-B7F51186EB7B.jpeg
Looking good! 💪

Have you tried any Arrma parts to see if they’re compatible with these

Looking good! 💪

Have you tried any Arrma parts to see if they’re compatible with these
Almost everything is just a bit different.
The center diff mount and motor mount don’t fit. The hubs won’t work either (straight carriers with 8x16x5 bearings all around), diff cups are bigger (6mm) than arrma, input pinion is bigger (8mm) than Arrma, diff case diameter is identical but don’t need the metal sliding plates behing the spider gears.
It’s diffs are beefier than Arrma👍.
This FS version has addressed all the ‘weakest‘ areas of the FTX and Reely version, except for the servo.
You are going to like this car. One thing you should keep in mind though is that with it’s more realistic narrower width it’s more prone to rollover when you speed too much in a corner. You can’t drive this like a Kraton, Talion etc., but more like a Mojave.

The only thing Arrma has on this car is easier access to front and rear diff. But out of the box check the shimming, add proper diff grease and thicker diff oil, and you don’t need diff access as much as Arrma’s😉.

Throw some pics up when you get the Mojave tires on. I should probably start looking into servos for mine.
I’ll get the tires on tonight idk if I’ll get the servo on for a bit
I like it a lot, tonight I ran pack 3, and about half way through the pack it shut down and was billowing some smoke, took it inside and apparently this happened…. Is there anything I could have done to cause this? Realizing I’m completely new to all of this but it has been running fine. Battery is a 6s spektrum g2 100c
IMG_5027.jpeg

I like it a lot, tonight I ran pack 3, and about half way through the pack it shut down and was billowing some smoke, took it inside and apparently this happened…. Is there anything I could have done to cause this? Realizing I’m completely new to all of this but it has been running fine. Battery is a 6s spektrum g2 100c
IMG_5027.jpeg
Also the Mojave tires are excellent

View attachment 307150

Also the Mojave tires are excellent

Well that’s a sure bummer.

Well that’s a sure bummer.
I just would like to know why. lol. I don’t even have any jumps yet. This is the third pack just ripping around the yard getting used to the thing. I was driving fast but nothing was hot at all

Not sure, Kimberly said she was going to send me out an ESC to get me running again but that seemed to me to be above and beyond. I had already left feedback and everything
Probably just the luck of the draw and you got a bad one, it can happen as they are mass produced in China.

Probably just the luck of the draw and you got a bad one, it can happen as they are mass produced in China.thats
Yeah I think so, seemed so random. Wasn’t doing anything harsh at all. Just zipping through the yard. I was breaking and then gunning it, seeing if I could get any slide in the grass but that’s about it

Yeah I think so, seemed so random. Wasn’t doing anything harsh at all. Just zipping through the yard. I was breaking and then gunning it, seeing if I could get any slide in the grass but that’s about it

That might have overloaded the cap think of it like gunning and slamming on the brakes in your real car not really good for it. Wet grass works well for sliding usually.

Ordered on Monday showed up yesterday!
I’m no expert but looks pretty solid

The plastics like arms, hubs ect looking pretty good..
Not quite as beefy as Arrma
Chassis looks like a arrma v5 and shocks look and feel good

Will Have to change their wiring job a little

I guess these are made in same factory as Arrma and you can see some similarities

6BCF7A11-CC04-4250-9001-50090EB38051.jpeg

6D351959-83B2-46FC-81DC-01CFCE67F1B4.jpeg

746E5DAF-FD07-45B1-B2D5-734D0974EBE1.jpeg

9BAFF40E-BC8D-4060-9514-A108CA0D72DF.jpeg

I’ll be interested to see how you do your wiring. I agree that it’s not ideal. Way to much slack on the battery wires at least.

Also imo the Mojave tires are better on it than factory but that may just be for my use… but I also blew it up so what do I know 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back