FS Racing 1/8 scale 6S DR8 V2 Desert Racer Dune Buggy RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ran this thing for about 15 -20 minutes straight

Very impressed stock out the box
Was able to fit a pretty big 6s battery
Didn’t gps it but it had to be running between 50-60 mph!

Handles great!! Has tight radius like a Typhon or Mojave!

It’s about 85 degrees here and
Motor never got over 120 esc 106
Center diff 90

Really Looking forward to taking it off road where it really belongs soon!!

A89E1371-EF0C-4295-9030-0CFBB0EEAE17.jpeg

D4C40363-E653-4ACA-BB14-685BF28962D0.jpeg

I’ve been thinking about hub extensions, I know customrcupgrades make TI ones, is that something that’s universal? I know hot racing and m2c make some. Just thinking about 5mm or 10mm with my Mojave tires

I’ve been thinking about hub extensions, I know customrcupgrades make TI ones, is that something that’s universal? I know hot racing and m2c make some. Just thinking about 5mm or 10mm with my Mojave tires
I seen people saying the hub extensions are hard and n the bearing
Sounds like extending with different arms and axles is the preferred way

I’m sure they are, just figured slight like 5-10mm I thought titanium might be nice since you don’t really wanna add weight there

Sandracer_NL was kind enough to share this parts needed to widen

Part numbers:
313002C front upper en lower arms
313004C front CVD
318028C rear upper en lower arms
318004C steering link
313006C rear axles

Excellent!! How much width would that add… are these FTX parts? Where is the best place to order? Seems like it’ll have to be oconus

Last edited:
I messaged Kimberly on eBay and she said wide kits will be available towards the end of next month 🤷‍♂️ pretty awesome. I do think just a wheel with a different offset would do what I need. Kicking around the method rc terraform and seeing what kind of spacers they come out with. My replacement ESC arrived very quick, I need to get it installed, and I like the spare so I’m gonna add a spacer to hold the spare mojave.

IMG_5060.jpeg

Looking at basherqueen’s eBay store it kiiiiinda looks like she’s just selling off what she has. Maybe someone knows more?

Anyways, finally tore into mine last night.

Swapped over to a 16T pinion, only going to run on 4s.

B85C95C0-8925-4644-A9FE-FC0F6314B1ED.jpeg

Stuck in a Jx ecoboost servo I had for another project. Sounds like the stocker is pretty lackluster and this one fit perfect.

72660EDD-F2EE-47E7-B052-7CEFAB8FEDA6.jpeg

Got rid of the original battery connectors and swapped to a single QS8. I also wrapped the wires, not entirely in love with how that turned out, but I’m new to it and practice makes perfect I suppose.

A0EDCBCD-AEFE-4F8C-801F-BB9B2103ADF2.jpeg

Test fit the Kyosho +11mm hubs. I need to go back and add some shims to them, but they do fit.

DCF29AB6-B061-4C3B-95FF-7FE162ED0635.jpeg

So far here’s some of my dislikes and likes.

Droop screws are easily accessible from the top

Battery tray is nicely sized

Curved body clips for easier install/removal

Differential gears seem a little more robust than Arrma’s

Dislikes
Diffs suck to get to. Basically have to completely remove the bulkhead.

Receiver box seems to be a bit lacking as far as having a secure lid goes.

The factory wheel nuts are domed so they are a bit of a pain to remove.

If you go larger than 16T pinion, I don’t see the third lower motor slide being able to be used. If running on 6s a person probably won’t go any larger than that, so no big deal.

Mine was missing a droop screw so I will have to source one of those.

BONUS DISLIKE!
Order a basher skinz wrap to cover up the red, and so far it isn’t quite big enough to fully cover the body panels. Bit disappointed with that, so back to the drawing board to eliminate the red.

I’m excited to run it and hope BQ continues to have parts for it. Still in the process of building diffs etc so no runs for a bit longer.

Last edited:
Looking at basherqueen’s eBay store it kiiiiinda looks like she’s just selling off what she has. Maybe someone knows more?

Anyways, finally tore into mine last night.

Swapped over to a 16T pinion, only going to run on 4s.

View attachment 314232

Stuck in a Jx ecoboost servo I had for another project. Sounds like the stocker is pretty lackluster and this one fit perfect.

View attachment 314233

Got rid of the original battery connectors and swapped to a single QS8. I also wrapped the wires, not entirely in love with how that turned out, but I’m new to it and practice makes perfect I suppose.

View attachment 314235

Test fit the Kyosho +11mm hubs. I need to go back and add some shims to them, but they do fit.

View attachment 314236

So far here’s some of my dislikes and likes.

Droop screws are easily accessible from the top

Battery tray is nicely sized

Curved body clips for easier install/removal

Differential gears seem a little more robust than Arrma’s

Dislikes
Diffs suck to get to. Basically have to completely remove the bulkhead.

Receiver box seems to be a bit lacking as far as having a secure lid goes.

The factory wheel nuts are domed so they are a bit of a pain to remove.

If you go larger than 16T pinion, I don’t see the third lower motor slide being able to be used. If running on 6s a person probably won’t go any larger than that, so no big deal.

Mine was missing a droop screw so I will have to source one of those.

BONUS DISLIKE!
Order a basher skinz wrap to cover up the red, and so far it isn’t quite big enough to fully cover the body panels. Bit disappointed with that, so back to the drawing board to eliminate the red.

I’m excited to run it and hope BQ continues to have parts for it. Still in the process of building diffs etc so no runs for a bit longer.
Yea she sold everything to M2C I'm pretty sure!! 🤔

Is Basherqueen no longer selling the DR8?! If so, did M2C take over or is the DR8 basically discontinued in the US?
@Matt05 I’d rotate the servo 180, that way the servo arm doesn’t need to be extended like that. That way you could also run a short aluminium servo arm.
As for the wheel nuts have a look at these (I have the black ones); they are serrated and closed so no dirt in the grub screw👍
https://www.ebay.com/itm/402986978763
image.jpg

Is Basherqueen no longer selling the DR8?! If so, did M2C take over or is the DR8 basically discontinued in the US?
@Matt05 I’d rotate the servo 180, that way the servo arm doesn’t need to be extended like that. That way you could also run a short aluminium servo arm.
As for the wheel nuts have a look at these (I have the black ones); they are serrated and closed so no dirt in the grub screw👍
https://www.ebay.com/itm/402986978763
View attachment 314242

Good call on flipping the servo! I just stuck it back in how it was from the factory, but a shorter arm would be nice. I’ll have to source an arm like you have and do that. The Kyosho hubs came with some open end wheel nuts I’ll probably use.

Well, I’ve fiddle farted around with mine long enough and I’m ready to take it on its maiden voyage. I got a wrap from basherskinz and that fit like crap, so I’m going to suck it up and deal with the red until I can find some clear pieces or make my own. I did take care of the red beadlocks at least, and I flipped the servo around with an aluminum arm like @Sandracer_NL suggested.

94302410-D279-4856-AD57-8DFCB1902068.jpeg

FE988888-5CED-4541-B10E-ED2851443036.jpeg

I had to do a little notching to flip the servo, tough to see but…
09E6DF12-422B-434E-84CB-2FE21F1389FC.jpeg

Finally got a few runs on mine last weekend and I’m impressed. For $400 I don’t think it can be beat. Sailed over jumps beautifully, perfect amount of power on 4s with the 16T pinion. I lost one body clip somehow but otherwise no damage to report.

It pretty much looks to me like basherqueen is just selling off her inventory and won’t be getting anymore models/parts which is really a shame because it’s such a nice unit. Even still, I’m glad I bought it and after the first few minutes the “maybe I won’t be able to find parts” worry fades away and I just bash the crap out of it.

407178ED-CB52-440D-8C1D-D15E9E475546.jpeg

F8CB7702-A8E2-41C5-A67E-59AE03D3587E.jpeg

You can download the FTX DR8 manual, which show the FTX part numbers; should be a direct fit and relatively easy to get. The distributor also added a couple of aluminium upgrade parts:
https://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/results/?q_search=dr8

I’m not sure if Conrad.com ships to the US, otherwise you can also use Reely Raptor parts.

Conrad won’t ship to the states unfortunately. I’m not having much luck finding anyone who will. Eurorc will but they don’t appear to have all the parts. At the moment I just want to find someone to send me a clear body.

I made clear body panels. Pretty easy with a lexan sheet. With 0.75mm thickness you can still cut is with scissors.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/desert-buggy-build-finished-but-which-tires…🤔.45160/

There are alos flat which means wrapping them is a breeze compared to the stock bosy panels.

We are having a bash day the 16th and at least three of us will be driving DR8’s. Since the ramp is getting steeper each time we may need some parts afterwards🤣. If we do I’ll let you know, in which case I can order parts you want and ship them to you.

Met a nice gentleman Craig on Facebook
He made some nice panels for these and will possibly sell if enough people are interested!

IMG_2980.jpeg

IMG_2979.jpeg

IMG_2978.jpeg

IMG_2976.jpeg

IMG_2977.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back