FS Racing 1/8 scale 6S DR8 V2 Desert Racer Dune Buggy RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Just saw this
I’ve heard these are solid RCs
Looks like a good deal

F50CF599-2909-4801-87EC-607E617A8928.jpeg

I hear that PartsTrain can be spotty with FS. The only drawback for me.
But I also heard good things about FS.

Parts support for them in the US is basically none existent.

-edit- Why does that say FS Racing DR8? That is the Atom, the DR8 is FTX.

Last edited:
I know slick mentioned Basherqueen will be a FS distributor

I’m wondering if she’ll offering parts for these

I know slick mentioned Basherqueen will be a FS distributor

I’m wondering if she’ll offering parts for these
She said earlier she'll have all the parts too

Hopefully she'll be selling the body and frame so I can put it on a Talion chassis like she did. Even more hope that the whole setup won't run $250...

I’ve always heard a lot of good things about these and I’m debating grabbing one. One more never hurt, eh?

I’ve always heard a lot of good things about these and I’m debating grabbing one. One more never hurt, eh?
If I didn’t have 2 Desert Racers
I would definitely get one!

A 6s capable RC for 450!
And basherqueen is charging 275 just for the body kit

There’s a DR8 Facebook group with lots of info
Seems like a solid RC

I’ve seen a couple people mention they’re close to Arrma quality
Even seen a couple saying they’d chose a DR8 over an Arrma

I messaged her to see if she can get anything other than red. That’ll be the deal breaker.

I messaged her to see if she can get anything other than red. That’ll be the deal breaker.

As far as I know that is all she is getting. A little birdie told me that she is closing up shop, hence why M2C Racing is going to start making her carbon fiber parts. She even sold him all her machines and delivered them herself.

Screenshot_20230605_152346_Facebook.jpg

I heard she was selling, but I guess I was hopeful she was still going to bring the DR8 to the states. I messaged her and she said right now she only had red, so the right now part has me hanging on. Haha

They
I heard she was selling, but I guess I was hopeful she was still going to bring the DR8 to the states. I messaged her and she said right now she only had red, so the right now part has me hanging on. Haha
They sell body skins for them
On Facebook page I seen a big selection

E97488C3-B379-458D-96EC-AFCF82F66EFB.png

In case anyone is interested in these and needs parts, iirc the FS Racing Atom and the Reely Raptor are the same, the FTX DR8 has a few things that are different. The FS Racing and Reely have the steering servo mounted like in the Kraton while the FTX has the steering servo mounted like the Talion. I think @Sandracer_NL has both but I could be thinking of someone else.
I think I heard something about she was moving back to Germany or at least that is her plan.

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested in these and needs parts, iirc the FS Racing Atom and the Reely Raptor are the same, the FTX DR8 has a few things that are different. The FS Racing and Reely have the steering servo mounted like in the Kraton while the FTX has the steering servo mounted like the Talion. I think @Sandracer_NL has both but I could be thinking of someone else.

I think I heard something about she was moving back to Germany or at least that is her plan.
Yes I have both the FTX DR8 and Reely Raptor.
I know the Basherqueen did some Raptor vids on youtube and has been in touch with FS Racing. I can’t find a FS Racing Atom DR8 v2 (the ‘v1’ was called Atom, whereas the FTX is called the DR8).
See did a hybrid version, which has the must have uogrades IMO; the aluminium rear hinge pin mount (part no. FTX9606) that neither the DR8 or Raptor have, and the sliding motor mount that only the Raptor has.
I also have a rear aluminium shock tower, that this DR8v2 has as well a the front one. If you are planning to do backflips with this, these are nice upgrades as well as the 6061 chassis. FTX also sells aluminium rear and front chassis braces upgrades.
All this DR8v2 needs is a stronger servo (15kg🤦‍♂️), rubber sealed bearings (all 18 bearings are 8x16x5) and you’re ready to go!👍
Oh that and after checking the shimming of the diffs and wheel hexes; the stock diff oil 7k/10k/7k is too light anyway IMO😄.

The Raptor does not come with an exploded view, but the FTX DR8 manual/exploded view is free for download at CMLdistribution.co.uk

I guess Conrad (seller of the Raptor in Europe) has established a solid fan base with the Raptor as the have been slowly increasing price from € 425 to currently € 585!😳 They have 25% off from time to time though and spare parts are still pretty cheap!

Yes I have both the FTX DR8 and Reely Raptor.
I know the Basherqueen did some Raptor vids on youtube and has been in touch with FS Racing. I can’t find a FS Racing Atom DR8 v2 (the ‘v1’ was called Atom, whereas the FTX is called the DR8).
See did a hybrid version, which has the must have uogrades IMO; the aluminium rear hinge pin mount (part no. FTX9606) that neither the DR8 or Raptor have, and the sliding motor mount that only the Raptor has.
I also have a rear aluminium shock tower, that this DR8v2 has as well a the front one. If you are planning to do backflips with this, these are nice upgrades as well as the 6061 chassis. FTX also sells aluminium rear and front chassis braces upgrades.
All this DR8v2 needs is a stronger servo (15kg🤦‍♂️), rubber sealed bearings (all 18 bearings are 8x16x5) and you’re ready to go!👍
Oh that and after checking the shimming of the diffs and wheel hexes; the stock diff oil 7k/10k/7k is too light anyway IMO😄.

The Raptor does not come with an exploded view, but the FTX DR8 manual/exploded view is free for download at CMLdistribution.co.uk

I guess Conrad (seller of the Raptor in Europe) has established a solid fan base with the Raptor as the have been slowly increasing price from € 425 to currently € 585!😳 They have 25% off from time to time though and spare parts are still pretty cheap!

Okay I thought that was you. Yeah I remember talking to someone who is a close friend of hers that was telling me that she had FS Racing custom make those for her so that is why they have the better parts on them. I know we have talked about them on many occasions and quite literally the only reason I won't buy one is the parts support for them is non existent in the US :( Literally the only other reason I bought the Fireteam because it was the closest thing to the Atom/DR8/Raptor that was readily available with parts support in the US, besides it being on sale, I would never buy one at the current price.

Okay I thought that was you. Yeah I remember talking to someone who is a close friend of hers that was telling me that she had FS Racing custom make those for her so that is why they have the better parts on them. I know we have talked about them on many occasions and quite literally the only reason I won't buy one is the parts support for them is non existent in the US :( Literally the only other reason I bought the Fireteam because it was the closest thing to the Atom/DR8/Raptor that was readily available with parts support in the US, besides it being on sale, I would never buy one at the current price.
Let’s hope Kimberly sells a lot of those cars in the US, so you can enjoy it too so FS and others will start to provide parts and upgrades.
It’s really a solid car!

I know this is going to sound like a stupid question but why is this in the Arrma 6s section with a Talion tag on it? It isn't an Arrma 6s nor is it a Talion.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back