Infraction Full length chassis build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Talion
So basically using everything scrouced rc has to offer in this one, a Cordova motor 1700kv running the 15/42 diffs from an infraction V2, the rear hinge pins are running a 0.7 degree angle (least I think that's what I set it to I'd have to check) using the Jag body.

The wires tuck in really nice under the torsion bar and the rear has a Markhor infraction brace. (It did have a front one on but due the perfect pass shafts been 10mm had to take it out) as mentioned running the perfect pass shafts which if they perform as well as they look and feel should be amazing! I also found a neat little trick, the scrouced spool shims work amazing on the hex's of the car to take away all the slope out of them. On the 4th one I did have to rummage through the bag as they must be really small tolerance on them, but everything moves freely, and no bidding with just one shim!

Also with this chassis bare in mind you need the build the front end up off the car and then bolt it to the chassis 🤣🤣 it confused me for around 10 mins scratching my head as to how I was going to get my tools in there. But I finally went 🤦 and off I went.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask away and I'll happily answer them the best I can lol
Cheers

IMG20220623173640.jpg

IMG20220623173547.jpg

IMG20220623173527.jpg

IMG20220623173519.jpg

IMG20220623173514.jpg

IMG20220623173257.jpg

IMG20220623173244.jpg

IMG20220623173237.jpg

IMG20220623173233.jpg

It's taken me a good 4 days of work to get to this point so thank you, had to take off the front and rear end multiple times, ethier because I forgot to add something or because I wanted the body as close to the towers as possible, if you notice the back body post holder it is seated under the rear splitter support rather on the top that's cos the body posts where too high so I used cap heads and M3 bolts and washer to attach it. Hopefully this will give the body support when running at speed and doesn't distort the body or fold it 🤞🏻

going to be an awesome setup when done, but I have a little question. what is going on in that third pic? above the steering column, it looks like a steering bushing underneath the screw and above the front deck. I'm talking about the gold bushing it just looks out of place and maybe I'm missing something.

going to be an awesome setup when done, but I have a little question. what is going on in that third pic? above the steering column, it looks like a steering bushing underneath the screw and above the front deck. I'm talking about the gold bushing it just looks out of place and maybe I'm missing something.
Haha the screw was bottoming out in the steering posts for some unknown reason, so I just banged in the steering bushing in there, while I find a shorter replacement screw lol your not missing anything my friend

Very nice. One piece of advice if I may. Try to get the rx antenna's a bit further apart. At least a 1/2 wavelength. 1/2 wavelength for 2.4ghz is 62.5mm.
Arrr I see the distance is just how they come out of the receiver do you mean at the top or the bottom? Or all the way along?

Arrr I see the distance is just how they come out of the receiver do you mean at the top or the bottom? Or all the way along?
At the top. The radiating and receiving element is the part of the antenna at the top where you can actually see wire. If they are too close it negates the benefits of having dual antennas.

At the top. The radiating and receiving element is the part of the antenna at the top where you can actually see wire. If they are too close it negates the benefits of having dual antennas.
Wow thanks for the information, I shall get out the tap measure and drill a new hole! Thank you very much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back