Kraton Future Kraton Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was exactly what I wanted to know. What tires do you run?

I do understand how the center diff tuning works... I'm confused how tuning the front and rear diffs affect on and off power steering.
When you put thick fluid in any of the differentials, whether it's front, center or rear, it acts like a locker. Meaning, when you put thick fluid in the diff it doesn't let the gears inside spin as freely which in turn acts like the gears are locked and spins each one the same. Instead of the power going to the loose wheel power is distributed evenly to both when thicker fluid is used in the the front or rear differential. It's sort of a cheap way to create locking differentials.

Outcast Backflips are definitely an upgrade over stock if you're not running on pavement.
I don't know about that. My backflips have pretty good traction on pavement but could have something to do with it being in the 90's where I'm at. They do seem to grip better than the badlands on pavement though.

The stock tires work in the street? That would be awesome...
The stock tires on the kraton flat out suck and are only good for letting it roll when taken out of the box. I tried the stock tires on dirt, gravel, grass, asphalt and other terrains and they sucked big time. Cool if you want to drift on roads but that's about it. Had the stock tires on for about 4 days and replaced them with the outcast backflips and haven't looked back. Still have the stock ones in great shape if you'd like to make an offer on them..........lol. I use them as stands to work on my rig.

When you put thick fluid in any of the differentials, whether it's front, center or rear, it acts like a locker. Meaning, when you put thick fluid in the diff it doesn't let the gears inside spin as freely which in turn acts like the gears are locked and spins each one the same. Instead of the power going to the loose wheel power is distributed evenly to both when thicker fluid is used in the the front or rear differential. It's sort of a cheap way to create locking differentials.

I do understand how a fluid filled diff works. I've been running sealed diffs in my 2wd traxxas stuff for a couple of years now.

Changing the oil in the 3 diffs on a 4wd can drastically change the way the car steers when accelerating and braking. The stock kraton (with badlands) I've driven for about 40 laps on my track is pretty dialed, but at times there was a good bit of initial push during both braking and acceleration. After a moment the steering catches up, but either had to run wide, or go too slow in the hairpins. I'd like to be able to get a little more throttle induced steering in the tight turns instead of the truck trying to go straight when on thottle leaving the apex. Just not sure which way to tune which diff to get it. I need a diff tuning for dummies guide hehe

The stock tires on the kraton flat out suck and are only good for letting it roll when taken out of the box. I tried the stock tires on dirt, gravel, grass, asphalt and other terrains and they sucked big time. Cool if you want to drift on roads but that's about it. Had the stock tires on for about 4 days and replaced them with the outcast backflips and haven't looked back. Still have the stock ones in great shape if you'd like to make an offer on them..........lol. I use them as stands to work on my rig.
Drifting will work then. Just don't want to run badlands on the street 8)

You gonna be a happy basher with that list of upgrades. I'd advise getting orange Tekno springs for the stock shocks, this is pretty much mandatory. And if your pocketbook permits, treat yourself to the Tekno full option shock kit for both front and rear. I got a nasty habit of bending parts that normally don't bend and these new shocks haven't let me down at all. One more item that I wish somebody told me to get was to get a solid set of hex wrenches. If u unhappy with these upgrades, I will take them off your hands.

I would also think about a tower to tower brace. Made my own from 1/2 inch aluminum rod from home depot, cost me $8 and has saved me several times now.... Easy to do and a couple of threads here on how to do it.

Which tekno springs am I looking for... seeing a few different options on tower. Part number or link?

Tyvm for the help. How do the lightest springs in that chart compare to the stock Kratons springs? Any idea of the stock springs lb/in rating? I've found some nice info on truggy tuning.

http://rctruckstop.com/2011/12/04/monster-truck-shock-tuning/
Here you go......
Screenshot_20170823-153410.png

Cool ty. So stock is 4.03 rear,and 4.92 front. Not sure if I'm gonna need the orange teknos as my buddies stock truck is pretty dialed with the badlands, but I will pick up the yellow and greens for sure...

So adding up my tower items is over 800 bucks lol. How many club membership coupons can I use at once? Or, do I have to wait to make 2 orders of it? How long?

Cool ty. So stock is 4.03 rear,and 4.92 front. Not sure if I'm gonna need the orange teknos as my buddies stock truck is pretty dialed with the badlands, but I will pick up the yellow and greens for sure...

So adding up my tower items is over 800 bucks lol. How many club membership coupons can I use at once? Or, do I have to wait to make 2 orders of it? How long?
I believe you can only use one.coupon at a time so you may have to make multiple orders to really save........lol

You can place the orders one after another and the coupons will work. There isn't a time that you need to wait. lol I have placed 4 orders in 10 minutes before since I had a great coupon.

I probably could use about 5 or more of those 10$ off of 20$ coupons haha, and 75 off 499 too 8)

Last edited:
I probably could use about 5 or more of those 10 of 20 coupons haha, and 75 off 499 too 8)
I love the $10 off $50 or more and free shipping. I used that coupon about 8 or 9 times........lol

I probably could use about 5 or more of those 10$ off of 20$ coupons haha, and 75 off 499 too 8)
The one time I got the $10 off $20 and they had free shipping above $0.99 and it let me use the coupon a bunch of times......I got A LOT of tires and rims haha.

You can place the orders one after another and the coupons will work. There isn't a time that you need to wait. lol I have placed 4 orders in 10 minutes before since I had a great coupon.
Nope... only was able to use 1 coupon, man I hope I didn't lose access to 75 off of 499 coupon.... at least I will have to wait till next month to order my truck 8 (

Tried again today and can't use any coupon. Guess I have to wait till the first of the month.... hope it's not 30 days lol... well anyway, ordered 2 of the diff oils and a pair of springs using a 10 off of 20 code with free ship over 25$. So the build has officially started.

Ordering 3,5,7,10,15,20, and 30k oils (I have 50 and 100k), so I should be diff ready for track and bashing.
Ordering tekno green and yellow spring sets, I can pick up the orange later if needed.
Also found this diff oil mixing calculator so I should be able to pull off anything:

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/oil_mixer.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back