Kraton Future Kraton Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried again today and can't use any coupon. Guess I have to wait till the first of the month.... hope it's not 30 days lol... well anyway, ordered 2 of the diff oils and a pair of springs using a 10 off of 20 code with free ship over 25$. So the build has officially started.

Ordering 3,5,7,10,15,20, and 30k oils (I have 50 and 100k), so I should be diff ready for track and bashing.
Ordering tekno green and yellow spring sets, I can pick up the orange later if needed.
Also found this diff oil mixing calculator so I should be able to pull off anything:

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/oil_mixer.html
Are you trying to use the $10 off of $20 more than once and it won't let you, or are you using your member coupons from the "your account" page?

So Chevy finally is making good on my pos lemon 16 malibu, and im getting about 1500$ more than i 5hought they were gonna cough up. This gives me the opportunity to totally max out my kraton. Question is, is it worth it? Ive been building bulletproof 2wd trx trucks for years, and found that the best parts arent always the most blingy expenxive stuff. Sometimes stock parts do the same job as the option parts. I see all of the hot racing options, i don't see many of them on everybodys must have list. Wondering if these will make the truck better, or will i just be wasting money? Although i will have pretty much an unlimited budget for this build, i would hate to find out later that i blew 100$+ on things i didnt need. Is there any of these hop up parts that you think would be a waste of money? And why?

Thanks for your help.

So Chevy finally is making good on my pos lemon 16 malibu, and im getting about 1500$ more than i 5hought they were gonna cough up. This gives me the opportunity to totally max out my kraton. Question is, is it worth it? Ive been building bulletproof 2wd trx trucks for years, and found that the best parts arent always the most blingy expenxive stuff. Sometimes stock parts do the same job as the option parts. I see all of the hot racing options, i don't see many of them on everybodys must have list. Wondering if these will make the truck better, or will i just be wasting money? Although i will have pretty much an unlimited budget for this build, i would hate to find out later that i blew 100$+ on things i didnt need. Is there any of these hop up parts that you think would be a waste of money? And why?

Thanks for your help.
For the most part I believe the kraton is maxed out straight out the box. The only upgrades that I have done to mine is fast eddy bearings, tower to tower brace, aluminum servo mount, servo, rear shock tower, techno orange springs on the rear, rpm bumper, rpm rear skid plate, backflip tires and shimmed differentials. I beat this thing to death, I bash in heavy gravel, loose gravel, mud, dirt, hills, grass, parks, fields, loose dirt, sand and anywhere else I can find. I have so far ripped both front wheels and a-arms off from hitting stuff, at different times of course (lol), bent the stock rear shock tower multiple times until it broke from being bent back, broke a couple of lower shock mounts and busted the wing. So in my opinion I believe a lot of the aftermarket stuff is more for bling. The stock parts hold up well and don't cost much. Once you upgrade the weak points the rest is just for looks so that one can say, look at my _________.

That is good to hear. So a list of must do's would be

Tires
Tower to tower(will this help out the plastic chassis braces, or do they need alum w tower to tower??)
Servo mount
Shim diffs
Rear shock tower
Bearings
Bumpers
Rear skid

Anything else?

Tires
Tower to tower(will this help out the plastic chassis braces, or do they need alum w tower to tower??)
Servo mount
Shim diffs
Rear shock tower
Bearings
Bumpers
Rear skid

Anything else?
Orange Tekno springs and maybe a better servo.

Tires
Servo mount
Shim diffs
Rear shock tower
Bearings
Bumpers
Rear skid

Anything else?
The plastic braces from shock towers to chassis are fine as long as you have a decent tower to tower brace. You want a little flex but you don't want the chassis to fold up like a taco.......lol. Also like the post above says, a better servo. The stock servo sucks and will crap out on you at the worst time.

So im gonna get an outcast, and turn it into a kraton. Guess i will be getting the backflip tires after all...

I see cf tubing all over ebay. Is there a preferred way to mount it? How long must it be?

So im gonna get an outcast, and turn it into a kraton. Guess i will be getting the backflip tires after all...

I see cf tubing all over ebay. Is there a preferred way to mount it? How long must it be?
Are you buying the Outcast used for a good price? I am just wondering why you are getting an Outcast to convert it to a Kraton?

Because i want the outcast tires...don't want anything to do with the kraton tires and body. It will be cheaper in the end, and wont get stuck trying to sell parts no one wants....and it seems ill only need to add 2 parts to my hop up list...

Getting it from tower hobbies for around 425$ w coupons

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back