Granite Gear Ratio questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudUsmc04

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
so the Stock RTR granite 4x4 comes with a 91T spur gear and a 14t pinion if I switch to what the BLX has a 57T spur and the 15T pinion what would happen?? I want to switch to the brushless setup just was trying to do it in steps to save on cost. or should I just let them sit on a shelf until I get motor and ESC?

so the Stock RTR granite 4x4 comes with a 91T spur gear and a 14t pinion if I switch to what the BLX has a 57T spur and the 15T pinion what would happen?? I want to switch to the brushless setup just was trying to do it in steps to save on cost. or should I just let them sit on a shelf until I get motor and ESC?
15/57 is going to be geared much taller i.e. more top end speed. Are you still on the stock brushed motor? It would be like running a 24t pinion with the stock 91t spur.

It might work for a couple of quick speed runs on pavement , but chances are pretty good you will just overheat the motor doing anything else , especially running it off a hard surface.

15/57 is going to be geared much taller i.e. more top end speed. Are you still on the stock brushed motor? It would be like running a 24t pinion with the stock 91t spur.
Yes still on the stock brushed motor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back