Kraton Gearbox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qasim2021

Everyday as it comes...
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So i decided to change all the bearings in my kraton I changed the front gearbox bearing but now it does not spin properly seems to stop a little but then goes with a push is this normal or is there something wrong. Any help would be much appreciated thank you.

So i decided to change all the bearings in my kraton I changed the front gearbox bearing but now it does not spin properly seems to stop a little but then goes with a push is this normal or is there something wrong. Any help would be much appreciated thank you.

I have a feeling that you put shims back in, in the incorrect spot, and when you are putting the diff in, you might have flipped it around putting the shim on the wrong side. There should be a shim on the outside of the bearing of the diff assembly.

I have a feeling that you put shims back in, in the incorrect spot, and when you are putting the diff in, you might have flipped it around putting the shim on the wrong side. There should be a shim on the outside of the bearing of the diff assembly.
Is this what your talking about

Attachments

• 15882859442152555450496023878066.jpg
    15882859442152555450496023878066.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 44
I've lost that shim for my front diff which is probably what is causing the problem does anyone know what size part number these are?

Does the centre diff use this as I don't remember seeing one on there also when doing my rear diff one screw was so tight ended up stripping it so now I have to take it out and redo it as oil leaked does anyone know the size of screws used for the diff.

Does the centre diff use this as I don't remember seeing one on there also when doing my rear diff one screw was so tight ended up stripping it so now I have to take it out and redo it as oil leaked does anyone know the size of screws used for the diff.
No the center doesn't come with any.
M3x12 button head screw I think.

- Yup M3x12.

Thanks man. Also one other issue I'm having is when I put the diff back in with the shim the shim keeps getting bent an i doing something wrong or is it because I've changed bearings any ideas.

Thanks man. Also one other issue I'm having is when I put the diff back in with the shim the shim keeps getting bent an i doing something wrong or is it because I've changed bearings any ideas.
No if you don't put it in there just right the shim doesn't like to go in.

So what is just right lol how should it go in. Thank you for help.

When you put the shim in, put a dab of grease between the shin and bearing. It holds the shim against the bearing pretty well. Then when you slide the diff in, slide the side with the shim in first ever so slightly and guide it with your finger. It will seat properly and not bend. Once you get it the first time, it’s easy to do after.

Thanks will give it a go when shims come probably in a month now lol with the way deliveries are going

If it isn't flat I wouldn't even try the shim. Just makes it harder. But they are easy to straighten.

If it isn't flat I wouldn't even try the shim. Just makes it harder. But they are easy to straighten.
When I have a slightly bent shim I put the bent side downward into the diff case first. Keeps the straight side upward when placing the top diff cover on.

Last edited:
When I have a slightly bent shim I put the bent downward into the diff case first. Keeps the straight side upward when placing the top diff cover on.
That's exactly what I do as well lol....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back